PDA

View Full Version : Can you help an ally in a battle/siege?

Kuno of Gersenau
18-04-2004, 14:41
Hi

I never saw this question before, so I ask it here. Is it possible that you can reinforce your ally by a battle or a siege?
If it's possible to reinforce him by a siege, who owns the town after the win?
And also to battles, if 2 enemys of you have a battel near your army, can you go there so that it is a battle of 3 armies. (I know this will not often happen, but is it possible?)

thx for answers

Havoc
18-04-2004, 14:59
wow y didnt i think of that question???
(dont answer)

benjamin
18-04-2004, 17:30
Now that would be quite unique....

Frujin
18-04-2004, 19:02
Yes, you can reinforce your allies. And they can reoinforce you as well. Also, the loyalist rebels fighting for your cause also can reinforce you (or you - them). Helping an Ally in battles is NOT necessary, but always highly appreciated :)

The town belongs to those who started the siege. So, if you wanna be nasty and friendly at the same time - hurry up to besiege it first (well, allies can decide to withdraw of course without heling you).

Frujin
18-04-2004, 19:03
Oh, to last part of the question - no. There are no 1-1-1 or ffa battles. There are up to 4 Kingdoms participating, but only TWO sides of the battle.

Kuno of Gersenau
18-04-2004, 19:07
Hehe...I become more and more impatient for this game...:D

Thx for answer Frujin :cheers:

Drake Maethor
19-04-2004, 04:25
If you start a Castle Assault, can you withdraw and return to the Siege status??

And about reinforcements, the reinforcements can arrive when the battle is already started???

Thanks lads!

Frank Fay
19-04-2004, 08:11
1) You can withdraw (flee) but not back to siege status.

2) Yes they can arrive when battle is already started. But not more than one reinforcing army per battle.

Emhyr var Emreis
19-04-2004, 11:59
Originally posted by Frujin
Yes, you can reinforce your allies. And they can reoinforce you as well. Also, the loyalist rebels fighting for your cause also can reinforce you (or you - them). Helping an Ally in battles is NOT necessary, but always highly appreciated :)

The town belongs to those who started the siege. So, if you wanna be nasty and friendly at the same time - hurry up to besiege it first (well, allies can decide to withdraw of course without heling you). :hello:

Angryminer
19-04-2004, 14:49
Can I ask my ally to withdraw from a siege so that my troops can take the town?
If he wants, I can give him some money to make him more confident with this idea, or withdraw my troops from another realm in exchange.
This "realm-stealing" under allies was a mayor problem in EUII. You startet a war to get a province and then your ally took it, so you had to restructure your whole diplomacy to attack your former ally and take the province...
Will we be able to suggest such things to 'good friends' too?
[ Of course this would need some really good relations and a nice pile of shiny gold-pieces ;) . ]

Angryminer

geno604
22-05-2004, 19:46
There are up to 4 Kingdoms participating, but only TWO sides of the battle.

@frujin,

So does that mean a battle could be 3v1?, or just 2v2?

Frank Fay
22-05-2004, 20:00
2v1, 2v2 and 1v2

Gorgoroth
23-05-2004, 13:53
Awesome. I can't find a better word. There was a game in the past with an ally system like this, its called Romance of the Three Kingdoms from KOEI, and I LOVED that system. :cool: :cheers:

Drake Maethor
24-05-2004, 06:03
Originally posted by Frank Fay
1) You can withdraw (flee) but not back to siege status.

2) Yes they can arrive when battle is already started. But not more than one reinforcing army per battle.

So you will have to return to siege (if you want to continue with the siege) after the withdrawal, but then, hmmm wouldn't have they entered new supplies inside the castle in that very short time?

Wouldn't that be a little strange, milord? :confused:

Frank Fay
24-05-2004, 10:36
wouldn't have they entered new supplies inside the castle in that very short time?
No....it takes time to refill the storrages.

Drake Maethor
24-05-2004, 14:57

aaaaaaahhhhhhhh
hehehe
then, no complains, sire! :cheers:

Henrik
25-05-2004, 01:48

i'm happy about this because this means that if you suddenly have to stop the besigeing of a castle then you can come back later to continue it and sice it take while for the castle to refill its food storage you would have to start all over againg ie. the time needed to besiege the castle into submission will not be same as the first time you attempted.