PDA

View Full Version : Creating Chaos

jonathanez
20-08-2006, 17:49
Hi there,

I played Golden Horde and conquered the map, leaving one province in order to create chaos. I noticed before that when a large pagan empire tries to adopt a religion, all provinces faal out of empire and start for themselves. My dream was to conquer Europe and make all fall out into seperate units, thereby creating an amazingly chaotic game.... But!!! :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :angry: :angry:

When i adopt a religion (catholic) the system crashes (obviously this aciton overloads processes). Still, it is a shame...anyone know any solution?? I still want my chaos!

Lord_Nick
21-08-2006, 03:00
Did you keep a Save Game before trying to accept another religion?

Dobber
21-08-2006, 03:45
I believe in the gameplay instructions, it said that in order to adopt a religion you had to have several provinces with that religion, As quickly as provinces are converted to Paganism, you probably do not meet the criteria to be able to convert to another religion. Most likely the game system is searching to see if you have any Catholic provinces and upon not finding any crashes.

jonathanez
21-08-2006, 07:23
I try every time from a save game i keep where i have all world but one province, and i do have more than 3 provinces that still want to be catholic. seriously, i think my mission is beyond the gameplays calculations ability.

Traveller
21-08-2006, 08:06
If you've conquered all of Europe, except one province, three Catholic provinces won't do the trick... :wink:

Dobber
21-08-2006, 12:20
I think you have to have at least a third of your provinces be the religion you want to convert to.

Xuca
21-08-2006, 13:25
I think for pagans it's enough one province, when you start as Golden Horde you have 5-6 provinces, I don't really remember, and one is Orthodox and you can adopt Orthodox religion, maybe it wasn't meant to try to change your religion when all Europe is yours.

jonathanez
21-08-2006, 14:12
i am aware of the fact that it is not meant to be like that, i just very much liked the fact that a large empire can desintegrate and all provinces become seperate kingdoms....you know: chaos!

Traveller
21-08-2006, 14:42
Well, you got chaos! In the form of a system crash! :wink:

Dobber
22-08-2006, 02:45
I think for pagans it's enough one province, when you start as Golden Horde you have 5-6 provinces, I don't really remember, and one is Orthodox and you can adopt Orthodox religion, maybe it wasn't meant to try to change your religion when all Europe is yours.

But what if you don't start as Golden Horde but instead Unite the Golden Horde?

Lord_Nick
22-08-2006, 04:48
Maybe your PC can't handle it? ... as opposed to the game.

Maybe there are others out there that can handle the disintegration to chaos and then send you a Save File of what Europe now looks like?

Maybe you could post your system specs, and if there is someone with a more powerful machine interested in helping you, they could try it themselves.

I think I have a save game of me as the Mongol Horde with only Fez (I think) ... I'm not sure I can adopt another religion, but I'll try it.

jonathanez
16-04-2007, 23:13
After giving away 4-5 provinces the cpu did calculate, and i got my unmanagable chaos...which was fun for a while. Funny how old kingdoms regained their old diplomatic relationships, while still having weird religion (islamic norway, cool!)

DensterNY
23-04-2007, 16:29
Although this is not directly related to what you were talking about (sorry for the hijacking) I had some fun creating Chaos in another way.

I was well into my game and my empire was vast and I split the world with several other large nations and many small vassals and insignificants. So to spicen things up I used the cheat to switch sides and I made everyone go to war with everyone else.... pure pandemonium, plunging kingdom influences, rebellions, kingdoms resurging with murder and revenge in their hearts. Tons of fun to see 85% of the map in rebellion and the occasional opportunist dip into his neighbor's land to take a town or two while they were fighting rebels.

jonathanez
23-04-2007, 18:43
that is very ontopic!

post a picture. the more medieval mayhe, the better :):hello: