PDA

View Full Version : soldiers lost.

Bubino
20-04-2004, 16:59
during a campaign, i've got a unit with 20 soldiers.

after a battle, my unit lost 12 soldiers; now it's a smaller unit of only 8 soldiers. :(

now: i've to buy 12 new soldiers, or after every battle i win, my unit not completely destroyed are repristined??

Angryminer
20-04-2004, 18:19
The next time your army moves into a town the units are re-managed (Soldiers are distributed amongst the squads until all ie. swordfighter-squads have equal manpower).

Angryminer

Frank Fay
21-04-2004, 10:08
Not quite right... You can manually refill squads. Price is depending on losses. But about the town it is correct. But to refill the unit does not need to be available = meaning you can refill in every of your town each type of unit.

Bubino
21-04-2004, 10:12
all right, thanks! :rolleyes:

Angryminer
21-04-2004, 11:44
Yet another question:
Can two armies who meet exchange troops?
So one marshall might come to help out the king's army with some of his units when the king lost some units in battle.

Angryminer

Jarlabanke
21-04-2004, 14:05
And another one: Will the experience system keep track of every singel soldiers experience value? I.e if I refilled an unexperienced unit with soldiers from a vetern unit, will the veterans still keep their experience?

Bubino
21-04-2004, 18:07
in my opinion (but it's only a simply opinion), UNITS have experience, not SINGLE SOLDIERS.

for this, if a unit has experience 3 (a random value) and it has losts, reffiled soldiers will have automatically experience 3.

because it's very complicated (and impossible, for me) we have soldiers with different experience value in the same unit. :o

Kuno of Gersenau
21-04-2004, 19:15
I think Frank once said, that the experience is for the squad. But if you refill the squad the expirience goes a bit down...imho the most logic version...

Emhyr var Emreis
22-04-2004, 22:19
Originally posted by Bubino
in my opinion (but it's only a simply opinion), UNITS have experience, not SINGLE SOLDIERS.

for this, if a unit has experience 3 (a random value) and it has losts, reffiled soldiers will have automatically experience 3.

because it's very complicated (and impossible, for me) we have soldiers with different experience value in the same unit. :o I think experience will have bigger scale. When having a squad of real proffesionals and must refill them with new 1/4, I hope their level won't decreese significantly