PDA

View Full Version : Decentralization? Governor build by themselves

Angryminer
21-04-2004, 14:28
Here's a feature-request for the less economy-orientated players:
Perhaps it will turn out to be cool if we were able to grant specific rights to our governors.
The player might grant his governors the right to build specific defensive and basic buildings by themselves or recruit more soldiers to defend the castle. To do this the governor is granted a specific amount of money by the same decision, which depends on the amount of rights.
The more rights you grant him, the less actions you take by yourself and the more money you give your governors do manage their realms by themselves.

The most centralized setting restricts the governors to only give their bonusses (like 'Faster Food production') and you will be able to build all buildings by yourself.
A step forward your governors can spend the coins you grant them on minor buildings like castle-upgrades or walls. But they won't take any actions beyond this. A sign will show up above the castle if the governor wants to do something that is restricted to him. By clicking the sign he can ask you something like "Shall I build military buildings to enhance our recruiting capabilities or shall concentrate on economy?". These signs only occur very seldomly and only if the governor sees that the player runs into mayor problems.
On the highest step nearly the whole budget is spent on the governors and they spend those funds on everything they want. They only ask the player if they are unsure what to do so the player can concentrate on diplomatics and military.

I think this is very close to KoH's "Conquer Europe the way you want."-concept and will propably make the game much easier for economically less skilled player who search "MTW2 - featuring BSS" ;).

Angryminer

Elewyn
21-04-2004, 15:28
hmmm... very interesting idea :go:

But I think it should ghave also dark side of the coin :)

When a king is far away from some governor, that governor should tend to have more independent way and he may spend money you granted him on realm garisson ad when some of your marshalls came there to buy recruit some more soldiers, he can kick him off, close the gates and become independent (ofcourse he can do it also before)

more rights=more power. The more power a governor has, the more he wants ;)

Angryminer
21-04-2004, 17:31
That should depend on the difficulty-setting.
Ofcourse this idea has this drawback - but nothing's for free ;) .
Conclusion: On higher difficulty-settings the governors with many rights should suffer a loyalty-penalty towards the player. There should be mayor loyalty-drop if you reclaim prior given rights and a big loyalty-boost when you grant the governors more rights.
On lower difficulty-settings this feature should be understood as an "auto-pilot" ;) .

Angryminer

Jorghan
21-04-2004, 19:27
Yeah, I was advocating a similar idea before. It would be really nice and also make it a lot easier to handle a big empire.

Emhyr var Emreis
22-04-2004, 22:20
:hello:

timurlenk
22-04-2004, 23:31
:go:

especially after conquering half europe this will be very useful.