PDA

View Full Version : Make your own vassals

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kuno of Gersenau
21-04-2004, 17:32
Hello hello

I don't think that this is already posted in the English Forum:

Frank told in the German Forum that Frujin thinks about the possibility to make a conquered relam to your vassal by yourself.

So I ask you would you like this opinion or not...?

I would like this opinion, good idea Frujin! :go:

edit: Actually you can force a kingdom to becom your vassal, but not make it by yourself...

Angryminer
21-04-2004, 17:41
Please note that creating vasalls from once conquered realms is optional. If you like, make it a new vasall-state. If you don't like swallow it up and become a multi-national-country! ;)

Angryminer

Kuno of Gersenau
21-04-2004, 17:42
Yes, also important point Angryminer :go:

Angryminer
21-04-2004, 17:50
I really want this feature, and it's really great to create your web of diplomatic relations through creating new countries.
And I want this poll to go the right track, you know? ;)

Angryminer

Kuno of Gersenau
21-04-2004, 19:15
In your language: Yapp! :D ;)

Elewyn
21-04-2004, 19:38
I also agree with this option. Let's have it.

I only feel little jealous to German forum, that Frank seems to answer now more on German forum than here :sad:

I mean it not so seriously, but...

PS: this is exactly what Otto III.(emperor of HRE) did with his eastern neighbours Poland, Bohemia and Hungary around 1000 A.D.

Angryminer
21-04-2004, 19:46
He's mostly answering questions that were asked here before or is just stopping spam and "I hate Sunflowers because of Anno1503"-posts.
Be happy that those germans aren't over here ;) .

Angryminer

Kuno of Gersenau
21-04-2004, 19:47
I wouldn't say this Elewyn, but in the German Forum appear a lot of questions they are already discussed in the English part: For ex. Demo, Which units do you like most, etc.

So don't be jealous, he only does his job, so that the Users who are only in the german part also have a standard-knowledge about this game...;)

And there are still Lady H, Angryminer, Bora, me,etc. ,who are also activ in the English part and can give you important informations, if they were not already disussed in English ;).

@Angryminer: hehe...you were a bit faster with answer :D

Elewyn
21-04-2004, 19:49
hmmm... I'm glad they're not HERE :)

From time to time I wisit also your german forum, but sometimes I have problems to understand if is some nation meant or it's simply a noun (I visit thread Welche Nationen....:bash: equivalent of "What nations..." thread)

but go back to the topic.

My loud word FOR :)

*edit* hmm my answer came little to fast (without reading Kuno's post :) it wasn't meant as serious as it may look like ;)

Kuno of Gersenau
21-04-2004, 19:51
Not really an equivalent, the starter took your list and translated it to german. Then he asked with which of this nations we will play...;)

But now really back to topic...;)

timurlenk
21-04-2004, 22:21
Originally posted by Kuno of Gersenau
And there are still Lady H, Angryminer, Bora, me,etc. ,who are also activ in the English part and can give you important informations, if they were not already disussed in English ;)

he :angry: im still here as well! ;)

i want to decide, if vassal or not. it would be depressing not to be able to decide "swallow" or vassalize a realm after conquering it!

Richard Plantagenet
22-04-2004, 07:49
the vassalized state should still have a very positive relation with you and should be by defalut allies.

yes, this option will be nice... it sort of creats a nice buffer zone between your realm and the enemies.

Kuno of Gersenau
22-04-2004, 12:59
Originally posted by timurlenk
he :angry: im still here as well! ;)
Sorry, forgot you:blush: , but because of this reason I wrote ,etc. ;)

Elewyn
22-04-2004, 13:06
the vassalized state should still have a very positive relation with you and should be by defalut allies.

yes, this option will be nice... it sort of creats a nice buffer zone between your realm and the enemies. :) Vassal needs to be in good relation with his overlord, at least until is powerful enogh to become independet.
IMO the main interest of vassal is to have good relations with his overlord:cheers:

Haegemon
22-04-2004, 17:42
Give the throne of the conquered lands to your most loyal knight, and make him your vassal. :)

Kuno of Gersenau
22-04-2004, 17:45
Wow! The result since now is very clear!:cheers:

the knightly sword
22-04-2004, 18:38
some is most is mine. some is to loyal knighs and sons they will be my vassals

Emhyr var Emreis
22-04-2004, 21:58
I must say that this seems to be very good if will be in game. I voted YES. Sometimes it's better to create your subject/vassal state when you're not strong enough to have too much nationalities.

When you fight aggainst two and more enemies at the same time (f.e. French king aggainst HRE, Castile and the Pope) and wins everywhere, it's better to jin only one nationality and in other 2 create vassal states(or demand another kind of war tax, eventually exchange newly conquered realm to some neutral state for alliance or sth else) and when the first nationality gets pacificated, simply find some Reason and join your vassal state by force (or diplomacy).

Conquering 3 realms at the same time and having rebellions in all of them in short time wil decreese your kingdom power and encourage you own potential rebels: instead of beiing stronger with 3 new realms will lose all 3 +few original. it's better to create loyal vassal kingdoms IMO.

Sorry for so long post with just one idea :angel:

Albanian_Empire
23-04-2004, 04:30
I hope there is also naval warfare because is not only about fighting in land, the sea has it's own beauty for war. It would be nice to be there war at sea and also concentrate not only on land but also at sea.

Emhyr var Emreis
23-04-2004, 14:06
the fact is that naval battles were not so important in medieval times. Ships were only a mean of transport. I know only 2 big medieval naval battles: Sluis(Sluys) in Flandres in the beggining of 100years war and Lepanto (if it can be counted as medieval battle) in 1571.

In KoH it's the same, naval warfare is only a marginal part of game. Naval bettles are, but only in WorldView as ship(with a knight) vs. ship(with a knight) and one will disappear after the battle.

btw, I don't see any conection of naval battles to vasality :scratch: (you can open whole new thread or search on forum-this option is on right top part of screen-and revive some older thread with that topic)

so back on topic please.