PDA

View Full Version : Cavalry or infantry Order knights?

Pages : [1] 2

Elewyn
24-04-2004, 11:14
Hi. I hope this is not senseless poll and it may influence devs' statement. If not, don't mind. It will show us at least what the community wants...

I try to make the poll as diversified as possible, to make everybody chance to express his opinion exactly

Angryminer
24-04-2004, 11:27
I guess the devs will just put it the way it's fun to play...

Angryminer

Heretic
24-04-2004, 11:59
More horses-more fun and the better game!:)

timurlenk
24-04-2004, 14:24
Originally posted by Heretic
More horses-more fun and the better game!:)

yeah. the horser, the better :)

Henrik
24-04-2004, 15:07
I voted for both Templars and Teutonics as both cavalry and infantry, because i couldn't imagine that neither of them hadn't had a cavalery, but i'll guess that it's a balancing and fun-factor issue.

the knightly sword
24-04-2004, 16:00
teutonics and templars both as cavlary and infarty that would be good

Kuno of Gersenau
24-04-2004, 18:30
Well, I don't really care about this. I'm contented so how it is now. But if they change it it's also good for me. The only thing I want is, that the game comes out in autumn and that it is good. And to that what I saw since now I must say, it isn't good. It's GREAT:go:

HexHammer
24-04-2004, 20:49
If Tooties (Teutons) and Templars ever get mounted, they should be in limited supply, they either get a horse when promoted, by proving themselfs on battlefiled, or get mounted by some other limited way, else it would all end up by getting huge armies of mounted specialunits.

It all would be too powerful and making the lesser units obsolete, that would be VERY boring, and break the gameplay.

Finellach
24-04-2004, 21:30
I honestly don't think this is so much important and since I am quite satisfied with the look of Templars and Teutons as it is now I voted for them to remain as it is.

If however devs decide to change them to cavlary thats fine with me, but I for the sake of balance and gameplay am opposed to having Templars and Teutons as both infantry and cavlary....that would ruin everything.

Bora
25-04-2004, 18:57
Originally posted by Finellach
I honestly don't think this is so much important and since I am quite satisfied with the look of Templars and Teutons as it is now I voted for them to remain as it is.

If however devs decide to change them to cavlary thats fine with me, but I for the sake of balance and gameplay am opposed to having Templars and Teutons as both infantry and cavlary....that would ruin everything.

i think it would be o.k. if yo you can choose if that unit should be on horseback before a battle or on feet. just like in mtw. so it would not ruin something

Drake Maethor
26-04-2004, 02:01
I think a good and easy way to fix this is some Crusader Cavalry type.

Less armor than Feudal Knights (great helm, chainmail, crusader tunic and maybe a shield), but more aggresive, perhaps even more eager to enter into combat. Bold warriors eager to defend their faith eradicating the heathens, the whorshippers of evil.

Charguing while crying: Deus lo Vult!

Finellach
26-04-2004, 03:50
Hmmm....but that reminds me greatly on the newly announced Feudal Knights. I mean what would be the difference? :scratch:

Elewyn
26-04-2004, 08:48
Hmmm....but that reminds me greatly on the newly announced Feudal Knights. I mean what would be the difference? :scratch: Les armour, better discipline. Not so strong in first charge, but better in longer lasting melee(softer armour make them not so tired during battle) and little faster (again due to softer armour.
And they may be called Hospitaliers ;)
but those are only dreams because as we know there are only 4 or 5 new units and Eastern Europe and arab world have lack of special units

btw. I don't think that having T's both cavalry and infantry is good. I would prefere cavalry, but if not then let it as it is now.

Finellach
26-04-2004, 22:54
But then if they add Hospitaliers British will gain another special units and IMO they already have too many as it is now especially if they would be cavlary because they could be nothing than Heavy Cavalry and we already have that in West Europe(Britain included).

Also Hospitaliers as infantry wouldn't differ so much from already available Teutonic Champions and Templars.

And I totally agree with you, having Templars and Teutonics as both cavalry and infantry would be overwhelming and wrong.

Bah who knows....I am just thinking aloud... :D :p

Elewyn
27-04-2004, 00:07
I meant it only as cavalry unit to be something between ligght cavalry/hobilars(also very light) and feudal knights.

btw, most units seems to be now in:
Germany, Italy (7 specials, if I counted well)
Britain, France, Asia (6 specials)
Spain, Scandia and Baltics, Balkans (5)
Russia, East-central Europe, Africa (4)

To describe what I mean by this regions:
here is a map (http://elvain.album.cz/map-suggestions/ttt0d5fad6f2f1b9202.jpg)

Emhyr var Emreis
27-04-2004, 17:55
both only cavalry.

As others said, having them both cav. and inf. will be too complicated.

And if only one should be changed, I will prefere Templars, because Teutonic champions would be very similar to feudal knights (the only diference will be lance and shield instead of two-handed sword)

Drake Maethor
28-04-2004, 01:58
I don't know where the complication would be!
There are lots of infantry units, and from the historical and tactic point of view we are missing some cavalry men...

Right now we only have or too light (hobilars, light cavalry) or too heavy (cataphracs, feudal knights) cavalry.
So throwing a new cavalry type somewhere between won't be any crazy or complicated thing at all.
If you add a cavalry suited to charge infantry and light cavalry, skilled in hand to hand combat but light enough to travel long distances without tiring too much, then you are not duplicating existing units at all, just filling the gaps.

And if the unit is one so historically important as the crusader cavalry, let it be Templars or whatever (historically speaking more important than units like hobilars), and one that almost everybody would like to see, then you are also adding fun to the game!

So come on! We are having light cavalry and hobilars, then where is the problem in having Crusaders and Feudal Knights???

And look!, without intending I just have baptized the would be new cavalry!

A new cavalry that represents Templars, Teutons, Hospitaliers, nobles, independent knights and those of any order that went to fight for chistianity. No with full plate armor, but with chainmail, their horse and the strength of their convictions.
(Or do you think that the crusader cavalry were dressed in full plate??? like feudal knights???)

Then a toast to the Crusaders! :cheers:
A unit that I truliy think deserves his place in this game.

Who supports my idea?

Finellach
28-04-2004, 02:45
Thats a nice idea, but where would you place these units? West Europe? As it is now we already have too many units in West Europe compared to East Europe.

timurlenk
28-04-2004, 15:00
Thats a nice idea, but where would you place these units? West Europe? As it is now we already have too many units in West Europe compared to East Europe.

hmm, right.
so the most easy way would be to put one or both of the order knights on horses - just for playability and fun :angel:

the introduced units on foot have the advantage of being visualized - so people already can identify with them (and they look awesome!). but imagine them mounted - hmm, delicious :cheers:

Drake Maethor
29-04-2004, 21:52

Weren't there any orthodoxe crusaders? :D