PDA

View Full Version : Knights Templars - Where?!

HexHammer
24-04-2004, 21:23
It is heartbreaking to see, that KoH has remouved the distinctive red latin cross, and brutisly replaced it, with some ordinary cross.

I had wished they would give back the Tempars trademark, and found other ways to make them easily reconceable.

Finellach
24-04-2004, 21:40
Oh come on....the cross looks just fine....:rolleye:

Henrik
24-04-2004, 23:05
I'll agree with HexHammer - i would also like to see them waering the red cross.

However this raises some issues if all of the templars should wear this color only !

Solution: give the templars the red cross and let their banner show which realm/master they belong to !

Drake Maethor
25-04-2004, 05:30
Someone ever thought what would happen if two armies with Templars of their own go into a fight?
Templars fighting against templars?
Sounds that nice? Historically accurate? Seems correct? :(
Maybe they should have some restrictions to whom they can attack...
:confused:
Did anyone think about this?

HexHammer
25-04-2004, 06:11
Someone ever thought what would happen if two armies with Templars of their own go into a fight?

You can call it, defectors fighting their former bretheren of arms.

Sounds that nice? Historically accurate? Seems correct?

Did England ever conquor Europe? No but you can in KoH, historically correct? No, but fun :D

Maybe they should have some restrictions to whom they can attack...
NO! Let diplomacy decide ;)

Drake Maethor
25-04-2004, 07:25
Their former?
They are still Templars, I think... ;)

Did England ever conquor Europe? No but you can in KoH, historically correct? No, but fun :D [/B]

Well England conquering Europe may seem a little odd, but Templars everywhere forgetting their brotherhood, and fighting each other just for mundane reasons? Brother against brother just because two kings say it? It is like they are serving a king and not their Order...
What are they? Knights or mercenaries?

Where have the ol'good chivalry days gone? :mad: :mad: :mad:

;)

Frank Fay
25-04-2004, 10:00
Hey guys, it is a game...for enjoyment and not a boring medieval encyclopedia. If it would come after making an exact recreation of historical facts, it would be a game without fun and rules...

We decided to sacrifice accuracy for fun. Why is it bad to do so?

geno604
25-04-2004, 10:20
Frank you read my mind, red cross.. common guys.. your not going to lose your mind over a ...

Anyway you heard it from the man himself.. fun over accuracy.:cheers:

Finellach
25-04-2004, 15:24
I am totally with FF, this forum seems more and more like a place where spoiled brats hang out....I want this, I want that, I don't like this....bah be happy that someone decided to make such game as KoH... :rolleyes:

Rnett
25-04-2004, 15:39
Originally posted by Finellach
I am totally with FF, this forum seems more and more like a place where spoiled brats hang out....I want this, I want that, I don't like this....bah be happy that someone decided to make such game as KoH... :rolleyes:

I couldn't agree with you more :hello:

Elewyn
25-04-2004, 16:10
I must say that restriction for Templars, however it would be historically corect will be total silliness.
Why then have them in game if wou won't be able to use them aggainst this and those? If France loses one realm with Templars,conquered by England, then French king would not be able to use his best unit aggainst the English? Why?

This is still a game.
They were brotherhood, but they also ARE a unit in KoH, the most skilled unit there. So no restrictions.

And about crosses let's have them in the main colour of the kingdom, not only red ones. my 2 cents.

Drake Maethor
25-04-2004, 22:46
Originally posted by Frank Fay
Hey guys, it is a game...for enjoyment and not a boring medieval encyclopedia. If it would come after making an exact recreation of historical facts, it would be a game without fun and rules...

We decided to sacrifice accuracy for fun. Why is it bad to do so?

hehe ok, is nothing bad at all!
In fact my question was just a sudden wondering... Not that I would be angry or disggusted with Templars against Templars. Is just one of those little odd things that are in the medieval RTS games.

After all, nobody ever cared of guys tearing down entire STONE CASTLES simply with a pack of guys armed with swords (in AOK)! So why one should care about T against T?
Or knights destroying churches... (ie AOK again).

Well, it seems that the good ol'chivalry days have gone away for far too long... :( :( :(
:p

Finellach
25-04-2004, 22:54
"ol'chivalry days" are gone for a long time now....and I am not talking about games...;)

Drake Maethor
26-04-2004, 01:44
Originally posted by Finellach
"ol'chivalry days" are gone for a long time now....and I am not talking about games...;)

aye, sad but true!

:cheers: For good ol'chivalry days, then!

Sir Turylon
28-04-2004, 20:48
Originally posted by Elewyn
I must say that restriction for Templars, however it would be historically corect will be total silliness.
Why then have them in game if wou won't be able to use them aggainst this and those? If France loses one realm with Templars,conquered by England, then French king would not be able to use his best unit aggainst the English? Why?

This is still a game.
They were brotherhood, but they also ARE a unit in KoH, the most skilled unit there. So no restrictions.

And about crosses let's have them in the main colour of the kingdom, not only red ones. my 2 cents.

have to agree with this.

KoH is not about accuracy, as Frank said. If it were truely an accurate game, hardly anyone except us History nerds (or enthusiasts if you prefer) would bother with playing it.

Also, the cloaks should all be white, with a cross the color of the banner the knights serve, just like Elewyn mentioned.

HexHammer
29-04-2004, 11:58
Ofcause the templars cross, should be in the color of the player, but least make it a "lating cross" instead of the ordinary cross.

...pleeeease! :(