PDA

View Full Version : Special sige ammo?

Pages : [1] 2

HexHammer
25-04-2004, 03:26
When I played the Ancient "Defender of the Crow" on my beloved Commodore 64, I could choose among some different kind of siege ammo.

Here are some ot out of memory:

Greek fire
Boulder
Carcass

I would suggest the steppe faction (if there are any), should be allowed to shoot with a unie ammo "plauged carcass", just to add an enteresting historical twist to the game.

Finellach
25-04-2004, 15:37
Thats a nice idea. I never played DotC, but it sounds nice. :go:

Henrik
25-04-2004, 20:21
Originally posted by Finellach
Thats a nice idea. I never played DotC, but it sounds nice. :go:

The you've really missed something *looking nostalgic* - ofcourse the game wouldn't stand a chance compared to todays games, but back in 1988 ( i think i was ) a few of us really a good time with that game :)

@HexHammer - i'm affraid that you can just forget about having those "nice" kinds of ammo for your Catapult or Trebuchet :( - coz the devs has recently sacked the ability to poison the water - so i think it's fair to presume that they also will "deprive" us the ability to use a rotten carcass as ammunition !

Finellach
25-04-2004, 20:54
I have few nostalgic memories myself. I played Amiga at that time...man that was a machine. :D :D :D

Games I remember the ost are Sid Meier's Pirates and some fanatsy game named Moonstone or something like that. :bday:

Bora
30-04-2004, 01:26
i think is a good suggestion that there should be differen tsige ammo

geno604
30-04-2004, 21:39
I agree different siege ammo would be awesome.

HexHammer
04-05-2004, 17:21
I wonder how many trebs or catapults, you can get? The thing is, in AoK and AoC, massed trebs are just too efficient, they can do too much damage, in too little time, specially Japaneese trebs with the uniqe upgrade.

So I'm sure with special siege ammo, you could plain out the overpower of massed trebs/catapults, and make it more fun.

Henrik
04-05-2004, 19:43
Originally posted by HexHammer
I wonder how many trebs or catapults, you can get? The thing is, in AoK and AoC, massed trebs are just too efficient, they can do too much damage, in too little time, specially Japaneese trebs with the uniqe upgrade.

So I'm sure with special siege ammo, you could plain out the overpower of massed trebs/catapults, and make it more fun.

please bear in mind that you only have a certain number of slots for an army - if i remember correct: an "ordinary" knight can hold up to 9 slots and a knight with a special skill can hold up to 12.

Bora
04-05-2004, 20:00
Originally posted by Henrik
please bear in mind that you only have a certain number of slots for an army - if i remember correct: an "ordinary" knight can hold up to 9 slots and a knight with a special skill can hold up to 12.

but did the sige equipment not got seperatet from the other troops?

Frank Fay
04-05-2004, 20:06
yes they did....they no more "compete" about spaces

and army has now 9 slots plus 4 for siege weaponry...

Henrik
04-05-2004, 20:35
Originally posted by Frank Fay
yes they did....they no more "compete" about spaces

and army has now 9 slots plus 4 for siege weaponry...

I know it's kinda embarrasing :blush: to ask but here goes:

1. How many squads can one slot hold ?

2. How many pieces of siege equipment can a siege-slot hold ?

Frank Fay
04-05-2004, 21:00
1 slot = 1 squad

1 slot siege weaponry = one siege weapon

Sir Nikephorion
04-05-2004, 21:05
What kind of siege weaponery will there be?
i mean in medieval times had been many siege weapons like catapults, towers, Triboks and so on...

Bubino
04-05-2004, 21:28
x Sir Nikepherion:

siege weapons are described in the unit showcase!!! :)

Sir Nikephorion
04-05-2004, 21:36
,,,aha, OK...

Now itīs the time when it begins to be late for students...:)

Finellach
04-05-2004, 21:38
Originally posted by Sir Nikephorion
What kind of siege weaponery will there be?
i mean in medieval times had been many siege weapons like catapults, towers, Triboks and so on...

Go to unit showcase in the official page.

There you will Siege Equipment:

Catapult
Oil Cauldron
Trebuchet
Ballista
Laddermen
Battering Ram

Bubino
04-05-2004, 21:47
obviously oil cauldron is available only for defenders...

i've just noticed an important thing, seeing unit showcase: there aren't siege towers???? why????? :confused:

in my opinion siege towers are one of the most important siege machines in middle ages... :( :mad: :(

Haegemon
04-05-2004, 21:51
Originally posted by HexHammer
When I played the Ancient "Defender of the Crow" on my beloved Commodore 64, I could choose among some different kind of siege ammo.

Here are some ot out of memory:

Greek fire
Boulder
Carcass

I would suggest the steppe faction (if there are any), should be allowed to shoot with a unie ammo "plauged carcass", just to add an enteresting historical twist to the game.

Greek fire was only used in sea battles. Unfortunately in KoH sea battles have minor importance.

timurlenk
04-05-2004, 22:48
Originally posted by Haegemon
Greek fire was only used in sea battles. Unfortunately in KoH sea battles have minor importance.

ive heard, that cumans / kipchaks / polovtsi used greek fire in land battles. well, there is no proof, just a theory...

Finellach
04-05-2004, 23:02
Originally posted by Bubino
i've just noticed an important thing, seeing unit showcase: there aren't siege towers???? why????? :confused:

in my opinion siege towers are one of the most important siege machines in middle ages... :( :mad: :(

I think I read somewhere there will be Tower Catapults(whatever that may be) and Siege Towers.