PDA

View Full Version : more axe units would be great

the knightly sword
25-04-2004, 09:18
more axe units would be great. we need more axe units we only got halberdier and has the halberd is almost used as a spear. .maybe an axemen would be good or other things but axe units is needed

Frank Fay
25-04-2004, 10:01
we have Vikings and another unit who are wielding an axe.

the knightly sword
25-04-2004, 10:03
are ther any new axe units comeing?????

Elewyn
25-04-2004, 16:25
are ther any new axe units comeing?????
the knightly sword. I'm almost sure that this post is clear enough:
Originally posted by Frank Fay
we have Vikings and another unit who are wielding an axe. So.
Have you seen any unit with axe yet?(except Vikings, who WILL have it)
If not, what does it mean?

IMO that there WILL be some new unit with axes and this unit is not revealed yet (IMO some eastern european/russian unit with axes)

Angryminer
25-04-2004, 16:37
Of course he means one of the unrevealed units.

Angryminer

Henrik
25-04-2004, 20:11
Maybe the other "axe unit" will be an irish one - really can't see other possibilities except for the vikings which we already know about ??

Elewyn
25-04-2004, 20:12
but the devs said there will be no more units for the west. Only eastern or arabic units. So Slavs (Old Slavic warriors?) or some Baltic? I don't know. Where is our Baltic fraction? :)

HexHammer
25-04-2004, 20:25
good with diversity in arms ;)

Finellach
25-04-2004, 20:50
I think Irish have enough special units as it is now. British already hold at least 4-5 special units. :rolleyes:

When we'll we get some units for central-east-south east Europe?! :D

Khan Krum
27-04-2004, 13:57
Can't wait to see a preview on Steppe Horsemen (IMO should be both ranged and melee equipped like the janissaries). But excluding that I don't see many unique units in our region :(

Siautas
27-04-2004, 16:30
I can imagine Samogitians special unit with the axe they used them wide.:cheers: Also axe was popular in Slavic armies (soldiers from Smolensk).

My question is how many different units we will have possibility to produce in one land? Will it be a fixed number for every realm or it will depend from how big and rich is realm?

Thandrim
28-04-2004, 04:21
Huscarls perhaps? Gotta love those big axes.
:dwink:

Khan Krum
28-04-2004, 04:34
Siautas, first my knowledge is very limited. But as long as I recall the amount of armies would relly on the amount of citizens you have (and not peasants) the more improved the city is the more citizens you have (potential soldiers). Then you have Easy, Normal and Hard countries grouped by the size and the power they had during a certain period of time. now the Hard countries are formed of one or two realms and are said to be hard to manage especially in the beginning. So I guess you'd have less citizens and less amount of army as we speak and thus it would be something that will varry on how big is your country.