PDA

View Full Version : multiplayer.

Pomerania Prince
05-11-2003, 14:20
I am not sure if anyone asked this before.

Will the game be MP? and if yes how many players can play in one game?

Moorkh
05-11-2003, 16:49
I *think* I remember something about MP restricted to battle scenarios, but I might be confusing something here.

Carcassone
05-11-2003, 20:01
Moorkh, you're correct. I read that battles will be scenarios, which will include historical siege scenarios. Apparently with the maps being so bloody large having MP play like the SP "campaigns" would be outright near impossible for the employed who still need the sun's vitamin E.

Pomerania Prince
05-11-2003, 21:56
You know what is the player limit?

Carcassone
05-11-2003, 23:48
As I understand, the population limit is to be disclosed at a later time. It's a question of stability, system performance, and the ever crucial beta testing...but I hope populations will be realistic to the period. I wouldn't want to see the game hit a population reach absurb quantities.

Moorkh
06-11-2003, 08:36
I think he's asking about how many players can take part in a MP battle.
Personally, I'd bet on two, and I think Frujin or Frank had made a statement on that.

Pomerania Prince
06-11-2003, 13:57
Originally posted by Carcassone
As I understand, the population limit is to be disclosed at a later time. It's a question of stability, system performance, and the ever crucial beta testing...but I hope populations will be realistic to the period. I wouldn't want to see the game hit a population reach absurb quantities.

Well, I think that population limit of 250 (which AoE) had was too small. I like Cossaks scope of few hundred.

Any, way I was talking about players.

Pomerania Prince
06-11-2003, 13:58
Originally posted by Moorkh
I think he's asking about how many players can take part in a MP battle.
Personally, I'd bet on two, and I think Frujin or Frank had made a statement on that.

That would be very limiting. No allince or diplo present.

Irish
06-11-2003, 16:30
I believe I read 6 players can be in Multiplayer over the LAN or internet.

zealot
10-11-2003, 18:33
It would be bery cool if the multiplayer is good enough. Because in every game the multiplayer is the most important think. The single player campaign will be forgotten very fast(that hapens in every game). It is important players to enjoy one good MP. If they enjoy it the game would live long. And I hope so:D

Frank Fay
11-11-2003, 18:09
That would be very limiting. No allince or diplo present.

Not it is actually no limiting, it is freeing. What is an ideal multiplayer session?

For me it has to be:
- fast gameplay
- loads of action
- direct competition with immediate feedback
- high replay value

Multiplayer sessions in KoH follow these rules. The skirmish mode allows to have basically unlimited maps. You can buy your favourite armies, let it be hordes of Highlanders or Vikings. Or you buy lesser units and Knights with better skills. You can play many types of battles, like castle attack, castle defense, open battlefield, crossing river etc.

If you ask yourself, would be patient enough to play a game over weeks or months? Would you be able to leave and meet again? What would happen your host is close to loose the game and he just decides to disconnect? And many other uncertain factors when you play against people over the globe?

Pomerania Prince
12-11-2003, 14:01
ehum...that sopunds more like M:Total War. It sounds even less strategic than AoE, which had almost none...:confused:

Lord Nicko
24-11-2003, 02:56
What is an ideal multiplayer session?

Good old LAN play is the best!

Will we be able to create our own custom maps?
- Maps sizes- terrain builder?
- Ability to choose (teams)? eg. humans v computer, human v human

Frank Fay
24-11-2003, 11:06
There is a random map feature but you can set preferences for it.

Yes, you can choose teams with and without AI. Up to 6 players.

Also there will be historical battles, like Hastings etc.

Cork2
24-11-2003, 16:38
Sounds cool. What else is there? Will we have stats like how many games we won and lost?

NDR-DRGN_Dark_Imperial
27-11-2003, 18:14
Were can we play Knights of Honor with multiplayer,
In gamespy ore are u guys going to create a ingame multiplayer program?? and can we play with msn?

that were my questions
have a nice

:cheers:

Frank Fay
28-11-2003, 08:41
We will use Gamespy's multiplayer service.

Jorghan
28-11-2003, 09:13
Will you make it possible to connect directly to anothers game, for those who do not want to go via gamespy (for example if you just are two friends who wants to play), or if you are on a LAN disconnected from the Internet?

Frank Fay
28-11-2003, 09:26
Yes that will be possible too...

Gorgoroth
28-11-2003, 13:33
Originally posted by Frank Fay
We will use Gamespy's multiplayer service.

Uh...gamespy is horrible but oh well.
:)

I have a question as well, maybe you can answer: There are any plans to make a better multiplayer part for the game?
Like conquest on various maps, and not just battles?