PDA

View Full Version : Which do u prefer ?

Pages : [1] 2

BLOODUK
22-10-2003, 14:53
Ive seen that you can build castles in this game, perhaps im wrong but if im not

How are the castles built in this game?

and

What would u prefer in this game , castles built in the same way as in the game stronghold or would you prefer castle building in the way of the old amiga game castles?. Id personally like to see my castle built over time with units scurrying the bricks across ahh i miss castles on the amiga

Kevin
22-10-2003, 14:55
Originally posted by BLOODUK
Ive seen that you can build castles in this game, perhaps im wrong but if im not

How are the castles built in this game?

and

What would u prefer in this game , castles built in the same way as in the game stronghold or would you prefer castle building in the way of the old amiga game castles?. Id personally like to see my castle built over time with units scurrying the bricks across ahh i miss castles on the amiga

Is there a choice of trying both? If no I prefer the second one.

Dheano
22-10-2003, 15:45
I would mix both together and try it!!! :D :D
I would like to customise my castle with extra protection, guards and etc.. It would be quite cool! :cool:

Kevin
22-10-2003, 17:13
Originally posted by Dheano
I would mix both together and try it!!! :D :D
I would like to customise my castle with extra protection, guards and etc.. It would be quite cool! :cool:

It sure would!

Moorkh
22-10-2003, 17:50
Running my empire, waging war, arranging alliances and building up an economy for it seems enough for me to do without having to place every last brick of my castles myself. I'll gladly leave that to my serfs.

I liked Interplay's Castles game a lot, but that was what the game was all about. KoH IMHO is on a larger scale. If it's no problem to add a castle editing feature, by no means, go for it, I might even use it myself once or twice or maybe download custom castles to use for my games. However, I suspect it would be a dungload of extra work. In that case I hope they concentrate on the games focus rather than its fringes.

BLOODUK
22-10-2003, 18:02
Interplay's Castles i thought that was better than 2, i remember having my castle nearly built with huge towering walls made brick by brick

Mesh
22-10-2003, 20:58
Brick by brick of course. Gotta love attention to detail. :)

Ah, the good old days (relatively speaking ;) ). I played both Castles but looking back the first one really lacks in content when compared to the second one. Looking hard enough I might still find the two in a classics compilation. Unlikely though.

Still...*goes off in search for the original Castles games*

Tedman333
23-10-2003, 00:04
Stronghold Rules! Thats my favorite medieval game ever. I picked that way of building walls. But it doesn't matter to much to me.

Gorgoroth
23-10-2003, 11:33
Aye Stronghold is a decent game. :cool:

Siegebreaker
23-10-2003, 20:02
Brick by brick.

LordMatthias
23-10-2003, 21:40
Hehe, i doubt anyone will have the time to build a castle brick by brick in a real time strat game. Given enough diversity of structures, I'll be happy with "Stronghold" style.

Highlander
23-10-2003, 22:19
Would be interesting to see brick by brick, but I believe it would take the fun out of the game because it would be a time killer.

BLOODUK
23-10-2003, 22:20
I love games that kill time, it means i dont go outside

:p

Highlander
23-10-2003, 22:23
Sure you say that, but outdoor activity is what expands the mind, not just sitting in front of a TV or a computer. Just here in Texas, it is 90 degrees out, so that is why I am indoors at this time, but leave for work shortly, where I work outside.

Siegebreaker
23-10-2003, 22:38
Brick by brick doesn't mean literally brick by brick, but more or less like the moats in Stronghold, or like the Piramids in Pharaon.

i.e. it takes a little time to be built, it doesn't "appear" all the sudden like the towers in Stronghold.

vyanvotts
24-10-2003, 00:02
by saying brick by brick do you mean you will actually see the serfs building it?

Pikeman
28-10-2003, 13:49
"by saying brick by brick do you mean you will actually see the serfs building it?"-vyanvotts

I think that's what was meant and I would love that, being a "medieval feel"-freak

fireball21
28-10-2003, 23:30
brick by brick:)

vyanvotts
29-10-2003, 00:31
Originally posted by Pikeman
"by saying brick by brick do you mean you will actually see the serfs building it?"-vyanvotts

I think that's what was meant and I would love that, being a "medieval feel"-freak

well if that be the case.....then definitley brick by brick

Spudster
29-10-2003, 01:38
brick by brick would be nice....watching it be buit in front of your eyes!...awesome:D