PDA

View Full Version : Article in Bulgarian media

Pages : [1] 2

Khan Krum
01-05-2004, 18:06
I'll start this thread with the acknowledgement that I might cover some of the issues discussed here as a newby, so forgive me in advance.
The translation will not explote much of the writer's opinion and hopefully I won't offend anyone when posting this info. I desire only good :angel: for the fans. Another fact is that the game has still some way to go until completion, so some will change as Frujin or Frank will explain :)
Here I go:

It starts with a brief discussion over the genre and types of games available which I presume you are all acquainted with.
Then there is a basic exploration of terrain role in the game. You all know about elevated areas, so here is something else interesting enough - rivers. If the battle starts in such a field you will observe units trying to pass the river with boats and rafts there are even screens that show this trait of KoH. Another thing observed in the screenshot and discussed by the author is that one army can build a camp by the riverside and thus gain advantage on the rushing enemy.
The author further explains the role of the provinces/realms. For instance, one that covers a huge area will be a real challenge to the opponent as he'd need enough support to cross the realm and even then he has to seige the capital of the province. The province/realm is divided in three major zones - villages that produce villagers obviously, farms or areas that are suitable to grow food which will be a serious issue for your army, and monasteries - Piety resource gained from them. The city represents the government of the realm, and it is the only issue in the realm that the player will be concerned with. Actually, the areas can be upgraded to produce more resources, but up to now it depends on the computer. The city is said to have 12 levels which will predetermine the upgrades of your zones (1-4 zones are at first level; 5-8 second; 9-12 third).
Now on the food - the army would have support on this and when you run out of it your troops will start loosing morale (not health) and here you can make your own conclusions. Still enemy farms can be plundered, but having the Russian example I believe the player who defends his realm might be able to burn them down :) . In the cities you can find useful information as how high are considered the taxes by your populace whether or not you are in a state of war, how do citizen feel about your regimen, etc.
You have the chance to build up to 50 city buildings organized in a tech tree and they are divided into types such as economical or warfare orientated. Only villagers participate in bringing up one building.

That's all for now I don't know if I revealed something that the devs and publishers planned to give piece by piece to you or something already known (considering BG people require a high commercial motive to go for one title = we get more info), but if Frujin or Frank gives me a green light I'll post the rest of the stuff.

Special thanx to BSS, SF, Med & Freeman from GW to have brought this article into public.

Nike
01-05-2004, 18:28
Where is this article from? Gamers Workshop? Is there an online version of the article?

Khan Krum
01-05-2004, 18:38
Yes it's in Gamers' Workshop and no online version as long as I know ;)

Angryminer
01-05-2004, 18:52
Still enemy farms can be plundered, but having the Russian example I believe the player who defends his realm might be able to burn them down ;) .You believe? The author believes? Frujin believes?

And thanks for translation.

Angryminer

Khan Krum
01-05-2004, 18:58
Well, I had to insert my own thoughts someplace ;) so it's me believing you can attack your own buildings as in most of the games lately.
Glad you enjoyed it.

Elewyn
01-05-2004, 19:03
thanks, Krum :cheers:

I too hppe that player can destroy his own village (is very unpopular, but if it destroys also enemy army which will then have no food, it's good IMO)

If not destroy so at least the ability to carry all food from the village to town befor enemy army's arrival

Khan Krum
01-05-2004, 20:23
Well devs are to say really.
Anyway, it's a teaser for you guys I hope someone here gives me a permission to write the rest of the stuff.

Nike
01-05-2004, 20:43
Permission granted!

PS. I'll search in their forum (although they don't like me anymore:rolleyes: )!

Khan Krum
01-05-2004, 20:47
I meant someone of the devs publishers or the one person in charge of PR :o

Henrik
01-05-2004, 21:10
Originally posted by Elewyn
thanks, Krum :cheers:

I too hppe that player can destroy his own village (is very unpopular, but if it destroys also enemy army which will then have no food, it's good IMO)

If not destroy so at least the ability to carry all food from the village to town befor enemy army's arrival

i'll agee - it would make good sence to have an ability to destroy our own villages in order to prevent an enemy from re-supplying on our territory - this IMO gives more tactical options, which also make KoH stand out from the rest, coz you seldom see this games where it's possible to use the scorched-earth tactic.

geno604
01-05-2004, 22:02
Nice bit of info kahn, thanks.

I hope the devs let you post the rest of it :cheers:

Nike
06-05-2004, 15:47
I've bought it and if I have some time and you don't do it I'll try to translate a part of it! But I doubt I'll have enough time!:(

Elewyn
06-05-2004, 16:14
Originally posted by Nike
I've bought it and if I have some time and you don't do it I'll try to translate a part of it! But I doubt I'll have enough time!:( He asked for permittion before he'll reveal more...

but there is no permittion yet

Frank Fay
06-05-2004, 17:34
We dont have anything against it :)

Frujin
06-05-2004, 19:42
I think also permission of the magazine is required.

Henrik
06-05-2004, 19:52
Originally posted by Frujin
I think also permission of the magazine is required.

and the magazine need permission from BSS ! - which make good sense since they apparently has got a scoop here !

Nike
06-05-2004, 20:20
If we need permission to talk about it, then what is this thread for?

Angryminer
06-05-2004, 21:33
You only need the permission if you blindly translate it word-by-word.
When a lawyer asks you, you saw the contend of the translation in a dream ;) .

Angryminer

geno604
06-05-2004, 21:34
so lets hear the rest of it. :)

Henrik
06-05-2004, 22:15
Originally posted by geno604
so lets hear the rest of it. :)

i'll agree - let's hear the rest of the article !