PDA

View Full Version : Should they make Campaign multiplayer in the patch?

Pages : [1] 2

kevincompton
01-10-2006, 03:01
It may be too large of a change, but I think its clear its what we all want.

Elvain
01-10-2006, 08:45
I can't pick any of those options. Things are rather rarely polarized.

Yes I would like to have multiplayer campaign.

But I know that PATCH won't include it. Patch is not to bring such features to the game.

Though I would like to see it, and (sorry for repeating myself) I don't ask for Europe campaign, but at least regional map MP campaign (Britain, Middle East etc. with up to 30 provinces and 10 kingdoms)

Angryminer
01-10-2006, 12:50
The patch won't be an addon. So no, no campaign multiplayer.

Angryminer

kevincompton
01-10-2006, 18:26
The reason I ask for it is because simply making it multiplayer would solve all the problems associated with the AI. If we could play the game multiplayer, the AI won't be neccessary. I would be happy with either a perfect AI or multiplayer, but I am skeptical that they can create a good AI considering how poorly done the current AI is in comparison with any other game of its peers. the AOE series for instance wipes the floor compared to KOH, its really pathetic how buggy it is.

Elvain
01-10-2006, 18:42
This game was made as hybrid

they thought that Multiplayer on Towers mode will be some equivalent of the campaign. I personaly never tried it.

But this game is halfmade. Half multiplayer, half singleplayer. And both seem to be rushed. Especialy the singleplayer with poor AI

but still , patch isn't addon so it definitely won't include multiplayer campaign.

Though it would be the best thing.

I can imagine. Even I myself have enough ideas how to improve the AI vastly. I believe they can do a lot

Tempest
13-10-2006, 21:13
The reason I ask for it is because simply making it multiplayer would solve all the problems associated with the AI. If we could play the game multiplayer, the AI won't be neccessary.
That is obviously not true, unless you can get as many human players as there are kingdoms on the map. Which isn't likely to happen. So part of the countries would always be AI-controlled, even in an MP game. Which means that improving the AI is a good idea in any case.

Of course, there should be a decent MP mode. There won't be (I'm realistic), but there definitely should be. As that was the poll question, I voted for that. :P

kevincompton
13-10-2006, 22:50
someone actually voted no, surprising indeed.

Fiver
13-10-2006, 23:30
A Multiplayer Europe would be nice, but I also doubt it won´t be included in the patch. A better AI would be enough for me (for I already play a europe multiplayer game :wink: ). But still it would be nice to get this feature.

huh? How can someone vote for "no"? The europe multiplayer is the only thing (well, ok it also needs better AI :wink: ) KoH is missing.

I voted for yes!

Laudan
14-10-2006, 08:45
I start a multiplayergame Europe with four Kohgamers per email in the german forum. The idea
comes from Elvain and its very good. I think this can make in the next incomming patch.
I hope Frujin find a solution.

Elvain
14-10-2006, 09:46
not really for me.

To be honest if I'd vote in this thread I'd probably vote rather for No than for yes because the question is asked really badly.

I Want multiplayer campaign. But in a patch? come on. I can be a daydreamer, but this is too much.

Make MP expansion? YES, make multiplayer in KoH2? YES!
but in a FREE patch?

Such thing will never be free :angel:
I start a multiplayergame Europe with four Kohgamers per email in the german forum. The idea
comes from Elvain and its very good. I think this can make in the next incomming patch.
I hope Frujin find a solution.
thanks, the idea isn't mine, actually :blush:

I think Angryminer brought it here, I just mentioned it when it was forgetten and when you were ready to start it :go:

btw, how is it going?

Laudan
14-10-2006, 10:02
The situation after the 4. Round

EuropaMehrspieler Partie (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showpost.php?p=202596&postcount=129)

Elvain
14-10-2006, 10:13
thanks, btw, how do you change?

when a king dies or after some amount of time?

Tempest
14-10-2006, 12:55
not really for me.

To be honest if I'd vote in this thread I'd probably vote rather for No than for yes because the question is asked really badly.

I Want multiplayer campaign. But in a patch? come on. I can be a daydreamer, but this is too much.

but in a FREE patch?

Such thing will never be free :angel:

The poll does not ask if you think it's realistic, it asks if you'd like to see it happen, or if you don't want a decent MP mode.
So from what you've written, your correct answer to the poll would be yes. Read, understand, answer. :P

The players in the pbem-europe-game change take turns every five minutes. I'm just trying to imagine everyone would play until the ruler died... think of what the KI would do to the other countries in the meantime! :P

Elvain
14-10-2006, 13:00
the question is " should they make multiplayer campaign in the patch?"

for this my answer is NO

They should not make the multiplayer in a patch. In the patch they should improve the AI and other things. And then please work on multiplayer campaign, ok, but no, don't bother with it in the patch.

If they would work on multiplayer campaign for the patch, it would come another 2 years later. That's what I don't want.

I want an expansion or KoH2 with multiplayer

Laudan
14-10-2006, 13:10
Originally Posted by Elvain
thanks, btw, how do you change?

when a king dies or after some amount of time?

about the rules:
The player deactivated the AI of his country and play his turn. After his turn the player activated the AI. Every player have only five min. per turn.
Three or four players is the max for playing this game.

Doge
14-10-2006, 13:37

Civ II (and perhaps Civ III) released their multiplayer expansion as a gold edition. Paradox/BSS could release it as "Knights of Honor: Multiplayer Gold Edition" or as apart of a "Knights of Honor Expanasion" with a couple new maps (regional maps and/or a wider Europe map to include Iceland, Greenland, Persia, more of central Asia).

KoH is no longer available at many places here in the States. It used to be on atleast 3 or 4 different retail web sites (Best Buy, Compusa, some others). Now it is off all of those sites.

My suggestions would be a great way to revive this older great game. Sell it for $39.99 here and €29.99 in Europe with multiplayer.

The patch would be a fix for the AI difficulty problems. By fixing that alone, there would be no valid major complaints about the original game. It would be one of the few epic strategy games that purely a RTS. Most games "like" KoH (Civ series, Total War series, BFME 2: War of the Ring mode) are turn-based with a RTS component. Koh is a rare gem that allows you to play on a "board game map" in real-time.

Angryminer
14-10-2006, 14:34
Sure, a re-release with a multiplayer-campaign would be just fine.
And yes, I brought the "play be eMail"-idea here, though it's a general concept that was already used ages ago in other games.

Angryminer

Dobber
14-10-2006, 18:01
I voted no as well, patches are fixing problems with existing components of the game and not for adding new features. New features such as MP Campaign are for add-ons or expansion sets.

[IG]Hipolit
14-10-2006, 23:11
hmmm...

For me patching the game after 2 years from the release means that the potencial addon or KoH2 is far far away from relatively close reality...

For me it would be just perfect to have multiplayer mode on Europe... To be honest battles are always boring in KoH, only the economy is great, for me...

I would like to see KoH addon with new MP features, because for me games exist only as MP stuff, single attracts people for a while, but MP can make you feel addicted to a game! :)

Best wsihes

Hippo

Tempest
15-10-2006, 20:17
the question is " should they make multiplayer campaign in the patch?"

for this my answer is NO

They should not make the multiplayer in a patch. In the patch they should improve the AI and other things. And then please work on multiplayer campaign, ok, but no, don't bother with it in the patch.

The point is that the poll result looks like there is no interest in a campaign multiplayer mode at all, in a patch or elsewhere. Your arguing about "I want it, but not in this patch, but an addon cos that what it's officially called" goes to the dictionary under "hair-splitting".