PDA

View Full Version : Started a thread at Civfanatics - More Guerilla marketing

kevincompton
03-10-2006, 20:15
I figure that advancing the popularity of this game can only help so I started a thread for the game in the "all other games" section of civfanatics.com forum. I also added links for the game in my sig. I encourage anyone else that is wanting the patch to be great and there to be a sequel and/or expansion to do the same at other forums. But make sure to follow forum rules.

Here you can see my thread and join in (if you have problems with the link simply browse All Other Games forum):
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=187961
--
A noticed most people have just not heard of the game! Some when trying it get turned on to it so its cool to share with people. It reminds me of the movie office space, didn't do well in theatres but its not considered a classic must buy for any DVD collection. I could see the same hapenning with KOH.

Elvain
04-10-2006, 07:18
the same I do at Paradox forums, I try to post as widely there as possible with KoH being in my signature.

My experience is the same.
And I think that Sunflowers and BSS should give some financial bonus to Anguille whose AAR (The Merchant of Alexandria - A Fatimids AAR) convinced many people to buy this game :go:

People simply don't know about this game but once they do, they start to love it (and then hate it once they master it and realize how poor the AI is)

PS: the link you posted doesn't work :sad:

kevincompton
04-10-2006, 19:31
sorry! updated the link.

crusaderknight
04-10-2006, 23:06
My experience is the same. And I think that Sunflowers and BSS should give some financial bonus to Anguille whose AAR (The Merchant of Alexandria - A Fatimids AAR) convinced many people to buy this game :go:I haven't read that one. But, I read Lord_Nick's "Rise of the Epirot Empire" which is what first got me to consider buying it. And then reading your AAR about Trebizond, as well as magnumkiller's Papal AAR, I finally decided that I must have it. Plus, when I went to the knights of honor website, and I heard the soundtrack, that helped to convince me.:go: To Knights of Honor!:cheers:

EDIT: I thought that it would arrive today (I ordered it a week ago!) but it doesn't look like it will come today!:bash:
EDIT2: 1 week and 2 days now...:angry::angry:

Poor me!:sad:

Traveller
06-10-2006, 10:32
Btw, CrusaderKnight, where did you order it from? And does anyone know a site, from which it could be ordered and delivered in Europe (be it Bulgaria or Holland)?

Doux
06-10-2006, 16:57
Amazon.com has Knights of Honor, and ships it to the Netherlands, too.

crusaderknight
06-10-2006, 21:54
Btw, CrusaderKnight, where did you order it from? And does anyone know a site, from which it could be ordered and delivered in Europe (be it Bulgaria or Holland)?I ordered it from the Paradox Online Store and they said they'd send it via UPS. I've never known UPS to take this long before!:nono:

Elvain
06-10-2006, 21:59
maybe contact them and ask where your copy is?

kevincompton
06-10-2006, 22:03
I hate when shipping takes too long. I bought my KOH off ebay and the guy took forever also.

crusaderknight
06-10-2006, 22:30
maybe contact them and ask where your copy is?Contact Paradox or UPS?

kevincompton
06-10-2006, 23:52
any other good forums for spreading the KOH love?

Elvain
07-10-2006, 00:49
Contact Paradox or UPS?
Paradox first, and if they tell you that it has been sent (they should have your order noted somewhere so they should know if it has been sent yet or not).
And if it has been sent, then ask UPC. Maybe if they ship it from Europe, it lasts longer?
any other good forums for spreading the KOH love?no idea :sad:

kevincompton
07-10-2006, 01:09
i started a thread in the AOE 3 open discussion section at heavens games