PDA

View Full Version : Castles

Sir Natolen
03-05-2004, 23:48
Im not sure if this has been asked yet or not, but Can you build castles out werever or within certain boundaries, or do you have to start from a certain town and work it up into a city?

Also, in the game, as you build your castle, is it a single cell structure? or can you add on to it and customize it?

Henrik
04-05-2004, 00:14
No, a town can be upgraded with a castle i.e as i understands it, you first build some rather primitive defences at a town, then as time goes and you get more money you can upgrade your town with better walls, a keep ( which is probably the one which you upgrade to a castle )

Elewyn
04-05-2004, 08:44
and about those boundary castles. You can build no real castles like this. But you can upgrade your villages by "fortification" what mean they will get some troops (town guards as far as I remember) to protect them.

Sir Nikephorion
04-05-2004, 09:59
In the case that I understood you all right there is no possibility of building some kind of "Outpost", a castle or a fortress from where you can launch a siege or something like that...
Thats difficult, in regard to crusades or jihads, i guess...

Bora
04-05-2004, 13:18
dont know if i missundtertand something, but there are outposts as far as i know

Angryminer
04-05-2004, 14:47
The outposts that are in are really just a watchtower with some kind of pallisade around it. But you won't be able to fortify them further, because they are more like a 'rest place' for your army.
[ I believe that this has changed. But it's just a feeling ;) . ]

About castles:
Every realm has one mayor town. In the middle of this town there is a castle. So there is always one castle in each province.

Angryminer