PDA

View Full Version : Independant Territories in KoH

Sir Nikephorion
04-05-2004, 12:30
Ladies and gents,

we already talked about territories, religion, rulers and kingdoms.

But for me theres one question: Lets take the year 1000.
Almost whole of europe has been divided into many kingdoms, but there were some independent territories without any kingdom-structure or one strong ruler, there just have been some clans, examples: territories where the pruzzen lived, territories around kingdom novgorod and some baltic states and of course parts of sweden and norway.

My question: Will those areas in KoH be handled as Kingdoms with all rights?

Angryminer
04-05-2004, 14:41
I am not well informed on such 'neutral lands' so I want to ask a question:
How big where these territories?
Remember that the smaller realms in KoH have the size of bavaria (just an edge bigger that today's bavaria).

Angryminer

Sir Nikephorion
04-05-2004, 15:13
Well, how big have they been...
Just in regard to 1000 A.D. it has been whole norway, sweden except southern parts, Finnland, all the now baltic states and parts of what was called ryazan and many nowadays russian territories...

Well, quite bigger than Bavaria...:)

Jarlabanke
04-05-2004, 16:19
Norway was united by 1000, Sweden stretched rather far up the baltic coastline too.

Elewyn
04-05-2004, 16:42
I asked once one similar question, if there will be some grey unoccupied teritories. They won't be there.

If it's clan or tribal area there will be a tribe/clan, not Scotland, but Scots, not Finland, but Fins etc. there will be no grea area in KoH. Each realm has it's owner and owner wil be as accurate as possible, so you can also play for Balts (maybe for all tribes, not Balts as one big tribe, but for Prussians, Lithuanians, Samogitians, Kurs and Livonians as seperate "nations")

Berserker
22-07-2004, 14:42
This is just wrong, in 1000 AD norway was united under one King, the uniting prosess started around late 800 AD.