PDA

View Full Version : Diplomacy?? and other ?'s

Guts16
06-05-2004, 02:28
Hi I' am new to the forum, but that doesnt mean iam new to the game, and i was just wondering about diplomacy. I don't really know if they really used much diplomacy in the midevil times besides war, alliance, or peace. But I'am wondering if there will be such agreements or forced agreements like non aggression pact, bills, acts, or you control your enemys trade, gifts, demands, exchanges, or telling your enemy that if you don't do a certain something that you will attack him, or any kind of agreement or forced between allies or enemies.

So will their be anything like this in KOH???

One thing I was wondering about the demo, and i have seen all the other threads and the sticky. But could you at least tell me an approximate date. You don't have to say the exact date but maybe say it will be out in 5 weeks or somewhere in September or at the end of October? And also what you're planning to let us do in the demo.

What can you do to stop someone from seigeing your castle besides marching your army to kill his army while he is seigeing your castle?

How far does the map of KOH extend that you can conquer? I know its all of Europe but I saw parts of North Africa by looking at some of the screenshot mini maps or at least i think i saw.

And finally, and i know this is asking too far ahead, but do you think you might create a Knights of Honor that will be based in Asia. But of course it would not be called Knights of Honor but maybe Samari of Honor or something like that. I ask because I have only seen one game, and I would like to see more, that is Asia based and that is Shogun Total War.

And that is all my questions for now or least the ones I can think of so please reply soon
:D

Elewyn
06-05-2004, 08:48
Welcome in our forum, Guts16 :cheers:

I wil answer only few of your questions because few answer wll be either too long or not-so-well informed to satisfy you (and me too)

Diplomacy was of couse used in middle ages, there were many kinds of it, marriage the strongest and the most reliable. YOu'll have non-aggression pacts, trade agreements etc. (I'm too lazy to collect everything we know about it, sorry)

About the demo and the release. The developing team now works more on game than other things around it. Very probably thea also don't know when it will be finnished. They have some plan, which IMO has end somewhen in september, but they don't want to be too specific, to have enough time to work out everything prperly(that's what I think and hope)

The map of KoH covers whole Europe plus Northern parts of Africa with Egypt on south. Egypt must go enough southwards to be whole realm, that indicates the south margin of the map.
On east Frujin said there will be Syria, Armenia and Georgia (or I think he told that:)), then Khazar kaganate (at least its part) which was north of Caucassus. Just take some map of Europe and mid.east and make frames by yourself and you'll see. I also think that my maps (http://elvain.album.cz/map-suggestions/) can tell you a little about aproximate KoH map(based on what Frujin said when I remembered it:D)

The question about Asian KoH will depend on 2 things at least:
1. success of KoH
2. how many people will buy a game like this for Asia (btw I will apreciate aso game not only in area of China and Japan, but also Arabic world, Persia and India and also steppe Turkic/Mongol tribes