PDA

View Full Version : What about the second patch ?

Pages : [1] 2

cursingdirk
15-10-2006, 04:26
How, when ?
it's long time to wait .
is it in building ?
Who kowns ?

Dobber
15-10-2006, 05:14
No further information!

kevincompton
16-10-2006, 19:03
dobber, no need to yell.

Dobber
16-10-2006, 23:55
dobber, no need to yell.
I haven't yelled here!

cursingdirk
21-10-2006, 07:01
We must yell and shout together.

kevincompton
23-10-2006, 19:44
Lets yell at sunflower! WHERE THE CRAP IS THE PATCH OR AT LEAST AN UPDATE!

Elvain
23-10-2006, 20:12
Keep demanding what we deserve, but in peace...

At the moment we can't yell at sunflowers. Just hope BSS finishes their milestone as soon as possible.

btw, how about the list? does anyone in SF took new list of demands for the patch into account? I am sure they will find many useful information for the patch and then they there would be nothing to cause any other prolongations of work on the patch

King Karl
24-10-2006, 14:03
I have a question:scratch: If a new patch comes and I have Holy Rome mod then do I have to delete the mod and patch my game?

Angryminer
24-10-2006, 14:23
No sure statement at this time, but if the new patch follows the same lines as the european patch (which was included in the Paradox/US-version), then you don't need to uninstall any mod to patch the game. However the mods may or may not work correctly anymore. Thus it'd be a better strategy to uninstall the mod, apply the patch and wait for a new version of the mod that was written especially for the patched version or wait for a statement of the author of the mod.

Angryminer

Tempest
24-10-2006, 17:06
I guess it would be a good idea to uninstall the mod, install the patch, test the patch and then decide if you still *want* a mod. :P

kevincompton
24-10-2006, 19:21
Keep demanding what we deserve, but in peace...

At the moment we can't yell at sunflowers. Just hope BSS finishes their milestone as soon as possible.

btw, how about the list? does anyone in SF took new list of demands for the patch into account? I am sure they will find many useful information for the patch and then they there would be nothing to cause any other prolongations of work on the patch

I'll yell if I want to. They gave us no status officially and frujin from BSS had to come and post, thats just stupid. Sunflowers should be updating us and promising a completion date!! For gods sake its a year late already!

Dobber
24-10-2006, 19:42
I'll yell if I want to. They gave us no status officially and frujin from BSS had to come and post, thats just stupid. Sunflowers should be updating us and promising a completion date!! For gods sake its a year late already!

The patch has to come from Frujin and BSS, it will only come when they have it ready. Sunflowers cannot update us without receiving an update from BSS and they cannot promise a completion date for a project being done by someone else(BSS).

Elvain
25-10-2006, 00:53
The patch has to come from Frujin and BSS, it will only come when they have it ready. Sunflowers cannot update us without receiving an update from BSS and they cannot promise a completion date for a project being done by someone else(BSS).
Exactly

kevincompton, of course it is a year late already. Blaming Sunflowers at this poin it absolutely pointless. If we can ask something from them it is a question if they take our suggestions into account or not and if they will forwards them in introductions to BSS when BSS is ready to make the patch

you can yell whenever you want, I just say what I think about it, that it's pointless and very very silly. Do it if you like it :wink:

afirefuneral
25-10-2006, 01:08
What really boggles my mind is that this game isn't more popular. I installed GameSpy when I first got it in hopes to play online, no one was ever in the room!

Because of it's lack of success, there's no real motivation to hurry up patches and such, which is a shame, because this game is truly awesome and extremely well done.

Knights of Honor: Expansion anyone? :)

Elvain
25-10-2006, 01:16
you know why the game isnť popular?

because almost noone knows it.
Most of people who know it found it themselves or on some gaming forums or from friends. Almost noone was informed by arvertisments and official propagation.

This is one thing that Sunflowers should be blamed fo ever. They killed this great potential of this game by bad timing of release (at the same time with Rome:TW) and poor propagation (much worse R:TW is known by everyone, great KoH remains almost unknown). This causes low sales of KoH and thus no real interest in re-investments in the game.

So better make the patch and instead of making add-ons or stuff like this start working on KoH2 and give it really good propagation and make it the best game ever :hello:

afirefuneral
25-10-2006, 01:19
Amen Elvain, amen.

I'd much rather see a finely tuned KOH 2. You know, no drastic changes or TOO many add-ons, more like a expansion pack. They could include and better (bug-free) map editor. Add a few units, etc etc, but nothing drastic but advertise it. That way, us true fans buy it simply because it's pretty much just a really nice update, but others will be interested because it sounds awesome and is awesome, but that requires money, time, and advertisment.

I'm babbling. If only dreams could come true!

kevincompton
25-10-2006, 06:30
why not release something like Crusades for Stronghold? It wasn't changed enough to be a sequel but it was also stand alone, you didn't need to own the first one to play it so it was more then an expansion.

Lighthope
26-10-2006, 06:31

Am I the only one who thinks this smells funny? A "milestone" that no one outside the secret order knows about and can't therefore confirm.

Almost sounds like a religous cult. The Prophet Has Thus Spoken. No, he won't demonstrate his power. He doesn't do "tests".

and poor propagation (much worse R:TW is known by everyone, great KoH remains almost unknown).

What's worse is that Rome: TW is known for having bad AI, and Medieval 2: TW is looking like it's going to be the same. So if Sunflowers/BSS was smart, they'd wait for about six months and release KOH2 or a commercial expansion pack to pick up people who are disaffecting from the TW series but who want a medieval game.

Of course, all the presuppsoes shrewd marketing on their part.

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.... What more can I say?

--== TIGERS' QUEST - http://www.tigersquest.com
--== RATE YOUR BOSS - http://www.rateyourboss.us

kevincompton
26-10-2006, 08:15
Am I the only one who thinks this smells funny? A "milestone" that no one outside the secret order knows about and can't therefore confirm.

Almost sounds like a religous cult. The Prophet Has Thus Spoken. No, he won't demonstrate his power. He doesn't do "tests".

What's worse is that Rome: TW is known for having bad AI, and Medieval 2: TW is looking like it's going to be the same. So if Sunflowers/BSS was smart, they'd wait for about six months and release KOH2 or a commercial expansion pack to pick up people who are disaffecting from the TW series but who want a medieval game.

Of course, all the presuppsoes shrewd marketing on their part.

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.... What more can I say?

Would be nice to assume but actually the Total War AI engine, compared to KOH is light years ahead and far far superior to any glimmer of strategy I've ever seen in KOH. Its sad, really. I doubt a patch will bring it that much ahead, it has so far to go.

Lighthope
26-10-2006, 08:20
Would be nice to assume but actually the Total War AI engine, compared to KOH is light years ahead and far far superior to any glimmer of strategy I've ever seen in KOH. Its sad, really. I doubt a patch will bring it that much ahead, it has so far to go.

Having not played TW, I'll have to take your word on it.

Actually, although the battle AI has gotten its share of complaints among TW games, it's the diplomacy and campaign AI that has earned particular derision.

Any thoughts on how that compares to KOH campaign AI?

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - I almost had a psychic girlfriend, but she left me before we met.