PDA

View Full Version : Spy elected as Pope / sent on Crusade

Kuno of Gersenau
16-10-2006, 19:20
Booklet says that it is possible that your spy can be elected as the new pope or when he is hired as a marshall he can be sent on crusade. As you can think the chance that this happens is rather small, I never managed to get this eventhough I play this game since quite a long time...

Now I wonder, did anyone of you ever succeed in this? What was your experience, what did you do with it?

Elvain
16-10-2006, 19:39
I didn't experience my spy-cleric being elected as pope, but I did experience my spy-marshal being sent to a crusade

with vanilla the chance is rather low, I agree, the Ai there almost doesn't hire other professions than marshals at all :sad:

Fiver
16-10-2006, 20:27
I only had the feature that my spy-cleric was elected as the new pope. Itīs a nice feature, even if he canīt do much as spy-pope.

Tempest
16-10-2006, 22:05
I get my cleric to get elected as the new pope quite a lot, especially when the cleric in question has been well trained. I find it more annoying than helpful, though, as I have to train a new cleric, and the pope offers no options but starting crusades. I usually don't do that because, first, there's the chance I get expelled from the church myself, and, second, I usually don't need a crusader army to help me bring my enemies down.
So usually I terminate my relations to the pope to free up his knight's spot.

I think I never had the other thing, a spy becoming a foreign marshal becoming a crusader, or I just don't remember. I doubt it would help you much.

Dobber
17-10-2006, 01:48
I get my cleric to get elected as the new pope quite a lot, especially when the cleric in question has been well trained. I find it more annoying than helpful, though, as I have to train a new cleric, and the pope offers no options but starting crusades. I usually don't do that because, first, there's the chance I get expelled from the church myself, and, second, I usually don't need a crusader army to help me bring my enemies down.
So usually I terminate my relations to the pope to free up his knight's spot.

I think I never had the other thing, a spy becoming a foreign marshal becoming a crusader, or I just don't remember. I doubt it would help you much.

We all have the cleric becoming Pope happen quite often, but I believe the question was when your spy has been hired as a cleric and then elected to Pope.

As far the Marshall, I cannot recall if I have had a spy hired as Marshall, be called on a Crusade or not.
I wonder if your spy as Marshall for someone else on Crusade, were to be granted the right by their employer to govern the province they conquered, could then turn the province over to you?

Largefry07
17-10-2006, 03:00
I've had a spy that was a marshall for Leon get called on a crusade. He got about half way through present-day France before turing back. You can divert the crusade to a nation that you are at war with (i'd imagine that it had to be a non-Catholic nation). But really it was nothing special. I had to recall him b/c I needed him somewhere else.

Elvain
17-10-2006, 08:09
Tempest, I think Kuno meant that your spy has became a cleric in some other country and then he got elected as the pope.

To be honest, my spy became foreign cleric only 3 or 4 times, never with vanilla. So sad I don't remember what I did to my spy-crusader. I think I called him back to the court when he was losing one town assault and I didn't want to risk a loss

Tempest
17-10-2006, 12:22
Yeah, my bad, should have read more carefully. But no, never happened for me. Heck, it was only once or twice in my KoH career that a spy of mine was hired as a cleric at all. They always become marshals and sometimes merchants or spies, but almost never clerics.