PDA

View Full Version : Advanced damage?

geno604
08-05-2004, 10:37
What will the damage be like for castles, and walls, and towers.. when they are hit with items, is there animations/particle effects?

ie: catapults hitting the walls, do the walls break realistically.. or does a section of the wall just dissapear?>

(ps- i hope i am making the question clear)

hawk_knight
09-05-2004, 08:57
Originally posted by geno604
What will the damage be like for castles, and walls, and towers.. when they are hit with items, is there animations/particle effects?

ie: catapults hitting the walls, do the walls break realistically.. or does a section of the wall just dissapear?>

good question geno604

i think that the walls will break realistically :cheers: in koh

Rnett
09-05-2004, 22:04
You wanna see debris flying in the air, me too :go:

Henrik
09-05-2004, 23:10
Originally posted by geno604

If you look at this old screenshot (http://www.knights-of-honor.net//english/screenshot.php?screenshot=0026&all=0036|0035|0033|0031|0030|0029|0028|0027|0026#) you'll notice that walls has different stages of destruction.

Bora
10-05-2004, 00:12
i also hope that you see pices of stones "flying" arround and stay laying on the ground during the battle.

geno604
10-05-2004, 02:38
In that screenshot the walls are broken very "flat", they said that they would be changing the look of the damage.. i hope there is lots of stone etc flying around...

I have a feeling once E3 is over, we will have alot of new info and content..:cheers:

mati2
10-05-2004, 19:49
I would add one more questions. When this debris is flying all around the place there are bigger sones flying to. They should kill soldiers around.

Drake Maethor
11-05-2004, 09:17
Stones falling maybe, but the sorrounded ground filled with debris... I doubt.
I think its somewhat difficult and maybe "expensive" (in terms of hours of work). You'll have to redraw all the bitmaps/textures with rocks covering them in a way that seems real. And of course you will have to code all that.
But sure it would be a good touch of realism. Specially if that is also translated to "difficult terrain".

Hey! I'm wondering myself now.... Where sieges like that??? I mean in the way that we are accustomed to see in today games: Siege engines demolitioning parts of stone walls and then the troops charging inside and walking over the ground just like if the rocks had desappeared and there was no debris...
Do anyone knows about historical facts of that problem??? I think that debris was a normal thing (and problem) in sieges and today is overlooked... Debris should had given some protection to the defending troops. Wasn't the the castle gate where the attackers usually aimed their efforts??? That would ensure a safe pass to the inside of the fortress. Today (in games) you attack anywhere, the once mighty wall DISAPPEARS and men pass like the wind...

Did I make myself clear?

Angryminer
11-05-2004, 14:32
Usually castles where really hard to assault, so the regular tactic would be to siege it. Some day the defenders will have to leave the castle...

Angryminer

mati2
11-05-2004, 14:59
95% castles where siged and taken this way. I dont really know answer on your question.

Back to game. I have another question. We know that trebuchet has great range of fire. Is in the game balistea will be able to reach trenuchet from the tower or trebuchet is out of it range even on the tower???