PDA

View Full Version : -Anti cheating in mp-

JyuBo
10-05-2004, 14:20
Well its obvious that this game will be popular, so many players will decide to multipayer,i am just interested if people will cheat in mp how can we prevent it?:rolleyes:

Henrik
10-05-2004, 14:22
Originally posted by JyuBo
Well its obvious that this game will be popular, so many players will decide to multipayer,i am just interested if people will cheat in mp how can we prevent it?:rolleyes:

the devs have aready stated that they'll try their best to close any gaps which can be exploited by dishonest players - so don't worry about it !

HexHammer
10-05-2004, 18:16
It's next to impossible to totally prevent cheating, any teen with just a little knowledge in hacking, can break in to any high security server.

I remember back in the days, Micosoft would boast of producing a hackproof server, they dared any hacked to have a try, on their wounderous server. The DTU (Denmarks Technical University) had a kid who hacked that Microsoft server in less than 1 hour.

Many companies has tryed to make a hackproof server, but all has failed.

The rule is, any software can be hacked and cracked.

Bora
10-05-2004, 19:28
yes, we have already talked about this topic.
but i still wonder why some poepel are so afraid of cheats.
nothing against taht opinion, but ist a little early to get scared of cheating problems. there is not eben a demo out. so be patient and have some trust in bss and sunflowers ;)