PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone translate this???

Drake Maethor
11-05-2004, 23:08
Hey, I've found this in the German forum, was written by Frank Fay and is something related to technology I think...
So can anyone translate this to English (or Spanish if you like :D ).
Thanks!

Forschung wird es nicht geben, aber einen Technologiebaum. Der Technologiebaum beeinflusst größtenteils die Einheiten die gebaut werden, aber auch die sogenannten Kingdom Advantages -> mehr dazu folgt.

Der Technologiebaum wird von folgenden Dingen gesteuert:

- Townlevel
Die Städte haben bestimmte Ausbaustaufen, diese erlauben dann erst bestimmte Gebäude bzw. schalten diese frei.

- Gebaute Gebäude
Gebäude können komplett neu gebaut werden oder von einem zum anderen upgegradet werden.

- Provinz Eigenheiten
Sie beeinflussen auch die verfügbaren Gebäude. In einer Provinz ohne Fischgründe kann keine Fisherei gebaut werden, die dann später zu einem Hafen ausgebaut werden kann.

Ach ja... diese Provinzeigenheiten werden bei Spielbeginn jedesmal neu verteilt.

- Güter / Importierte Güter
Manche Gebäude schalten Güter frei. Diese Güter werden wiederum gebraucht um andere Gebäude bauen zu können, die dann bessere Einheiten erlauben. Ausserdem können die Güter importiert werden. Und zuletzt braucht man die Güter auch für die Kingdom Advantages...

- Region
Nicht alle Einheiten können überall gebaut werden...mehr dazu zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt...

Rnett
11-05-2004, 23:50
LadyH already translated:go:

Originally posted by LadyH
There was the question about technology in KoH:

There will be no research in the game but a tree of technology.
The tree of technology will mostly affect at building units and also the so-called Kingdom Advantages -> more follows.

The tree of technology will be controlled by following things:

- Townlevel
Towns will have specified stage of expansion, those allow to build specified buildings or set them free.

- Buildings, already built
Buildings can be built complete new or you can upgrade from one to another.

- Province peculiarities
they will affect the available buildings. In a province without fishing grounds it's not possible to build a fishermans hut, that could later be upgraded to a habour.

By the way ... these province peculiarities will be random at each gamestart.

- Goods / imported goods
Some buildings will set free some goods. These goods are needed to build other buildings and these other buildings will allow to train better units. Furthermore goods can be imported. At last you need the goods for the Kingdom Advantages...

Drake Maethor
12-05-2004, 05:33
oh thanks!
:cheers:

Angryminer
12-05-2004, 11:47
If you want to read more on the news from the german forum read here (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1054). Please note that I only post the dev's statements there. The devs didn't put any news on the german forum lately, so the thread is getting a bit old...

Angryminer

Drake Maethor
14-05-2004, 05:58
Yes, of course I've already read your thread. Nice work you are doing there.
But well, I just wanted to visit the german forum just to take a look ;) . Curiosity they call it.

Many thanks!
:cheers: