PDA

View Full Version : Merchants and Income.

afirefuneral
24-10-2006, 06:45
Hello everyone, I've got a few quick questions for you veteran KOH players.

1.) In previous games, I'd sometimes lose a merchant along with tons of money because he'd "abandon" the kingdom. Because of this, I employed a Spy and kept him without a mission so he keeps an eye on my Royal Court. Will this prevent merchants from running away with my money?

2.) My second issue, I used to have a large income and a lot of extra money, then, I believe it was when my power dropped, I lost a lot and started to lose money. After spending some time carefully demanding money from allies and the like, I managed to get enough to get my power back up to +1. Still, I am losing money. Sadly, I need to employ my Marshals. Is there any way to bring back my incom like it used to be?

Thanks everyone in advance!

Elvain
24-10-2006, 07:54
first, welcome to the Boards afirefuneral :hello:

1) yes. It seems that some of your rivals sent a spy to your court who became your merchant and then stole your money. Having spy at your court may prevent this (but take care, even the spy can be foreign spy, so better use royals as spies first!)

2) you write your income is was really high. I guess you have so much money that the inflation is higher than income, is it right? If you have too much (X00.000) money, your econiomy has high inflation so you lose more than you earn. How to prevent it?
spend more money, drop down the taxes, send off all your merchants (there's no need to earn more money when you can swim in goloden coins) and just try to spend as much as possible

if the problem is oposite and you really have financial problems, hire merchants and they will rise up your income.

afirefuneral
24-10-2006, 08:18
Hey, thanks Elvain!

My economy issues are neither actually. No inflation, and I had plenty of merchants bringing in fair amounts of money...

Any other ideas? I've looked at my income to see where I'm losing money, but nothing is making sense.

Elvain
24-10-2006, 15:12
so make a screenshot (with printscreen and then pasting the image into paint editor) and post it here so we can help you better

King Kaloyan
24-10-2006, 18:39
Hey, thanks Elvain!

My economy issues are neither actually. No inflation, and I had plenty of merchants bringing in fair amounts of money...

Any other ideas? I've looked at my income to see where I'm losing money, but nothing is making sense.
Welcome to the forums afirefuneral!
May be you spoiled you relations with the allies you were trading and then you merchants earn less money. If you relations are Harmonious the trade income should be very good but if it is neutral or minus neutral you get 0 - 1 gold from your trade route. So keep an eye on you relations!

afirefuneral
25-10-2006, 00:32
Thanks for the help guys. Sadly, I got pretty frustrated and lost the game pretty much (everything gone but my first province) and I realized it was time to start over. So I did, then that didn't go as perfectly as I wanted (I'm a perfectionist) so I'm starting over, haha, we'll see how it goes this time.

Thanks again, everything was quite helpful!