PDA

View Full Version : Only some points...

Haegemon
14-05-2004, 07:02
What colors unit's clothes will have units in campaign?
Realistic colors or "side" colors?
The lasts shots show farmers working on battle. I want to be relaxed cos Frank said they definitelly will not work during that.

Specially for devs: with goodwill...

About 'Templars' you wrote in unit showcase that wear Chainmail, helmet and shield (typical white robe with a cross).
Just point that they weared white robe with a red cross. The St. George Cross.
Also were templars in christian realms of "Spain". In Aragón certainly.

About 'Feudal Knights', I don't think they used that kind of lance depicted in 'Unit Showcase', in battle cos it was a lance of tourney normally made of wood. In battle they used a heavy long-sword, morningstar and shield.

I saw the screenshot 'kingdomselection I' and I'm very happy since I saw all "spanish" realms. :D :cheers:

Only one more thing. Should be better Castilla instead Castilia, like you wrote Aragón, Navarra or León.
I supose and hope the names in screenshot 'kingdomselection II' are provisional... If not, I don't understand why you wrote Spain in Aragón, and Pamplona instead Navarra which Pamplona is its capital. Spain not existed until XV century.

Aragón did't have a capital but had three, cos was like a federation and kings lived betwen the capital cities Zaragoza (Aragón), Barcelona (Catalunya) y Valencia (Valencia). Some kings moved more than others. But it's truth that Barcelona had more importance during the rule of catalonian-blood dinasty.

I liked the addition of 'Axe Units' and sort of units of some diferent cultures. :go:

Drake Maethor
14-05-2004, 08:44
Originally posted by Haegemon

About 'Feudal Knights', I don't think they used that kind of lance depicted in 'Unit Showcase', in battle cos it was a lance of tourney normally made of wood.

I'm afraid you are right about the type of lance....
But that doesn't mean they never used lances in combat...
I think the one they used in combat was a thinner one, like for example the ones that can be seen in Braveheart, in the hands of the English heavy cavalry.
Or like in this statue of the Cid in Balboa:
http://www.ditona-beach.net/JPG/SanDiego/images/balboa3.jpg
(btw In Buenos Aires we have the same statue or a very similar one.)
So I think the problem is not in the lance as a weapon but instead in the type of lance.
Anyway... Maybe in the late medieval period they used that kind of tourney lances for combat. I don't know.

PD:
Che, ¿así que sos de España?
o mas a la Española: ¡Chaval! ¿Tú eres de España? ;)

Elewyn
14-05-2004, 08:53
the lances they have now are really tourney, especially late tourney from late XIV century and then, not for times before. But they as a whole look more like tourney knights from very late middleages. I will prefere making them little lighter as a whole, but those lances at first :)

But honestly I don't mind it too much, because I don't like that unit much(toooo heavy and late armour), so I don't care so much of them. However, if possible, replace those tourney lances with normal thin and long lance.

Haegemon
15-05-2004, 03:49
Originally posted by Drake Maethor
I'm afraid you are right about the type of lance....

PD:
Che, ¿así que sos de España?
o mas a la Española: ¡Chaval! ¿Tú eres de España? ;)

Exactly!, the type of lance was the problem. They maybe used a pike, but knights armored in that way barelly used pikes instead heavy swords.

PD: Che pibe! :D
Sí, soy español, catalán de Barcelona.

Drake Maethor
15-05-2004, 09:41
Exactly!, the type of lance was the problem. They maybe used a pike, but knights armored in that way barelly used pikes instead heavy swords.

PD: Che pibe! :D
Sí, soy español, catalán de Barcelona.

It also seems a little funny how he uses the lance to attack... Nailing it like if it was a fork :p

PD:
jajajaja!
Saludos!
Entre tantos europeos del norte, del centro y del este es bueno encontrar aunque sea uno que hable tu idioma! Cuando hablan en croata o en noseque no les entiendo nada... :p
Ahora que sufran un poco ellos :D
;)

Henrik
15-05-2004, 09:50
jajajaja!
Saludos!
Entre tantos europeos del norte, del centro y del este es bueno encontrar aunque sea uno que hable tu idioma! Cuando hablan en croata o en noseque no les entiendo nada... :p
;)

Please guys this is the english speaking part of the forum - if ya wanna speak in your native language then please use PM :)

Drake Maethor
15-05-2004, 10:02
hahaha
I know that would happen, that's why I just have edited the post and added some English there :p just to make it more "legal".

But understand me, Is the first one that speaks Spanish that I've found here.
I was having a little revenge on those that sometimes start speaking in Croatian or whatever :D

Anyway relax, we weren't talking about anything concerned with the game! Just saying hello.

Elewyn
15-05-2004, 10:52
hmmm, strange language, spanish.

Hello on four or more links :D

PS:it was lithuanian, but who cares, almost nobody understood it :)

Finellach
15-05-2004, 13:07
Originally posted by Elewyn
PS:it was lithuanian, but who cares, almost nobody understood it :)

Well Croatian....Lithuaninan....it's all the same right... :rolleyes:

Elewyn
15-05-2004, 14:07
nope, just why care which language it is since I don't understand it. Ofcourse it's quite big difference.

Haegemon
15-05-2004, 19:00
The last. No more about languages and let's focus on topic. :)

Servo-Croatian-> Ova je Hrvatski (more or less; guess the diference between "ova, ovaj, ovako". I can't.)
U po'cetku stvori Bog nebo i zemlju. <-Genesis. And God created the heaven and the earth.
I re'ce Bog: Neka bude svetlost. I bi svetlost. <-Genesis. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Lithuanian-> Stai kaip lietuviu (more or less). Sometimes sounds me like Greek: ("Siomis priemonëmis surinktas lietuviukas tekstas nuosakos") <- Something about text grammar...

hmmm, strange language, spanish.

Hello on four or more links :D

Podivná jazyk, ceský. :D

It also seems a little funny how he uses the lance to attack... Nailing it like if it was a fork :p

You're right, that is not the best way to use a lance. And less that kind of lance.

PD:
jajajaja!
Saludos!
;)

Ciertamente. :D

Darius
15-05-2004, 20:27
I'm the only one, thats feeling lost here???:confused:

Finellach
15-05-2004, 21:50
Servo-Croatian-> Ova je Hrvatski (more or less; guess the diference between "ova, ovaj, ovako". I can't.)

It should be "Ovo je Hrvatski".
To explain "ova ovaj i ovako" would be very complicated since Croatian grammar is complicated. Let's just say that "ova" would be a female pronoun..."ovo" is neutral pronoun equivalent to "it" in this case. ;)

U po'cetku stvori Bog nebo i zemlju. <-Genesis. And God created the heaven and the earth.

There is no apostrophe(there are none in Croatia except in sleng).
It should go: "U pocetku". The c is actually the letter ch (like in Chocolate or Chad) which in Croatian is independant letter, but my croatian symbols don't work...as I said.

I re'ce Bog: Neka bude svetlost. I bi svetlost. <-Genesis. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Once again apostrophe. :D
The first sentence is right, the second and third are not Croatian they are Serbian. Serbs speak with stokavian ekavian dialect, Croats with ikavian and ijekavian.

Difference between Croatian and Serbian.
Croatian - Serbian:
Svijetlost (ijekavian), Svitlost(Ikavian) - Svetlost (ekavian)

Thanks for attending this small lesson of Croatian. :D

Elewyn
15-05-2004, 22:45
Sorry Haegemon. I only don't want to open new thread with some new little questions

on this screenshot (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/knightsofhonor/screens.html?page=132) we can see some new cavalry unit, isn't it true? They lok little too heavy to be light cavalry and.. I have no idea what they can be :scratch: especially when they are also here (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/knightsofhonor/screens.html?page=107)

and second question. On both battle screens there are bars between faces of knights and "national" coats-shields. What do they mean?
average moral of whole army? or moral of chosen knight or what?

I will understand if you are not allowed yet to answer(especially about that cav. unit), but it would be very pleasant surprise :)

btw. On second screenshot there are also "multiple squads". First I thought it's squad of cavalrymen, archers and crossbowmen-just one squad, but now I think it's more probable that there are 4 diferent squads selected, ois it right?

Haegemon
16-05-2004, 04:36
@Elewyn you don't have to apologize. I like this thread could be usefull. :)

PD: Thanks @Finellach that was interesting, although all that east languages are really confusing.
I also had problems not to write some symbols in Croatian, Lituanian and Czech in my PC but to represent it in the forum.

Haegemon
16-05-2004, 20:24
In the game what happened to the mercenaries?

I was thinking about Templars and I had an idea...

Almost for further editions of KoH, if finally are included units of mercenaries. That mercenaries should be of two types:

-Paid with money-> Those tribes or clans that can be bought. This mercs could be used by more than one realm cos those members are only moved by money.

-Paid with piety-> Those religious orders included Templars (using their colors) that could only be used by one realm, that with more piety.
More. That orders could be used by realms with his own 'credo'. Templars are christian, and should be used only by christians, also Muwahhadis (Mahommedan religious power) for example only should be used by Muslims.

I hope Frank and Frujin take note of this for further needs. Btw Morgoth are you there? Some time since you wrote something.

Rnett
16-05-2004, 21:36
I've seen Morgoth on the forum, but never seen him write anything. :scratch:

Drake Maethor
17-05-2004, 02:32
on this screenshot (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/knightsofhonor/screens.html?page=132) we can see some new cavalry unit, isn't it true? They lok little too heavy to be light cavalry and.. I have no idea what they can be :scratch: especially when they are also here (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/knightsofhonor/screens.html?page=107)

mmmm
interesting...
Maybe they are the famous "Knights and knights own guards". :rolleyes:
In the first screenshot the yellow-purple army has 2 knights, and there are two squads of those "new" units. And in the second you see that there is only one knight in the grey army (Teutonic Order (?)) and then one squad. Curious coincidence, don't you think?....
:D

Finellach
17-05-2004, 02:45
Yes I think you're right. Thats probably Knight's Guard.

Elewyn
17-05-2004, 10:38
mmmm
interesting...
Maybe they are the famous "Knights and knights own guards". :rolleyes:
In the first screenshot the yellow-purple army has 2 knights, and there are two squads of those "new" units. And in the second you see that there is only one knight in the grey army (Teutonic Order (?)) and then one squad. Curious coincidence, don't you think?....
:D hmmmm..looks like you're right:cheers: