PDA

View Full Version : Unit Kills And Skills ???

eagle1
18-05-2004, 17:07
If you attack with a unit of archers for example. Will you see if selected the unit how many kills they have.

And if they have a lot of kills, I would find it very nice that the unit get a experions points and then will be stronger then another same unit without experions.

when you see youre unit getting a experions point that there is a little star with his banner. just like the game C&C game.

KOH will only be a strong and good game If they have nothing that other games have, because my father says al that games you have its al the same ;).

Gorgoroth
18-05-2004, 18:18
You mean that the units / companies will getting better and better in their skills with the gained experience?
Hopefully they will. :cool:
I would like to know this also!

eagle1
18-05-2004, 18:56
Originally posted by Gorgoroth
You mean that the units / companies will getting better and better in their skills with the gained experience?
Hopefully they will. :cool:
I would like to know this also!

Yep That is what i like to know from this game ;) .
i hope that a unit can upgrade like 4 /5 times maybe.

Finellach
18-05-2004, 19:45
Your units will not be "upgraded" but they will be gaining experience. There will be four levels: Rookie, Normal, Elite and Veteran.

Do a search. You will find an answer in one of the threads by Frank Fay. ;)

Henrik
18-05-2004, 20:59
Originally posted by eagle1
Yep That is what i like to know from this game ;) .
i hope that a unit can upgrade like 4 /5 times maybe.

You should take a look here (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&action=&threadid=987#post19334) i think it will answer your question :)

Gorgoroth
18-05-2004, 21:16
Search rocks. ;)

Spudster
20-05-2004, 04:14
In 1503....sunflowers most recent game...besides this one, the men could go from no stars, to 4 stars of experience. they usually gained a star after about 5 kills..thia way they were more effective and you actually cared if they died...well kinda...

Henrik
25-05-2004, 02:07
I'm counting on our units will get experience - as Spudster says: "this way they were more effective and you actually cared if they died" - i think i have read somewhere that this is the case...

Redback
25-05-2004, 04:05
I hope that upgrading the units to a different unit will not replace the type of unit you start with? ie You can't build it anymore{I don't like that in RTS games,the more unit types the better}

What happens to Unit experience when/if you upgrade it?.:) :cheers:

Henrik
25-05-2004, 08:48
Originally posted by Redback
What happens to Unit experience when/if you upgrade it?

Well, if this was the "real" world then the unit experience should go do ie. when a unit is upgraded one could imagine that they also got some new equipment which they had to learn to use and getting comfortable with - you probably recognize this experience from when you served in the Australian armed forces - right !

But whether or not this is also the case in KoH remains to be seen i'll guess.

Redback
25-05-2004, 15:48
Originally posted by Henrik
Well, if this was the "real" world then the unit experience should go do ie. when a unit is upgraded one could imagine that they also got some new equipment which they had to learn to use and getting comfortable with - you probably recognize this experience from when you served in the Australian armed forces - right !

But whether or not this is also the case in KoH remains to be seen i'll guess.

Yeah sure,I agree
But,technically ,when upgrading in real life,The level of experience retained,depends on the training of the personel in the first place.
The more Advanced the upgrade in equipment,the more skill is required to learn how to use it.
Sometimes you can go backwards after an upgrade.
Thats what I learned in the Army.

But yes Henrik,I agree lets wait and see:)

Ahh ,so many wait and see's
{voice inside head says"Patience,little grasshopper,patience}:)

Bora
25-05-2004, 23:02
Originally posted by Spudster
In 1503....sunflowers most recent game...besides this one, the men could go from no stars, to 4 stars of experience. they usually gained a star after about 5 kills..thia way they were more effective and you actually cared if they died...well kinda...

sorry, but sunflowers is only the publisher, bss makes the game. and anno1503 is from complete other copmany, not from bss, but with sunflowers as puiblisher. by the way,... the game will be publishes by ea in the us.

Henrik
26-05-2004, 01:32
Originally posted by Bora
sorry, but sunflowers is only the publisher, bss makes the game. and anno1503 is from complete other copmany, not from bss, but with sunflowers as puiblisher. by the way,... the game will be publishes by ea in the us.

Yes, but this doesn't mean that he don't have a good point IMO - with what he says.

But, you also have a good point - i'll agree that Sunflowers has noting to do with the internal game mechanics of Anno 1503