PDA

View Full Version : Targeting certain units

Henrik
20-05-2004, 20:58
I just got this "strange" idea :eek:

How about making it possible for the player to decide which units forexample his archers should concentrate firing their arrows on first ? - imagine a assault after a siege here we will probably see the laddermen as the first units, then i think it would be nice to sorta "instruct" your archers to target those guys as their main target - this is even more important if your castle has a moat surrounding it, because then the laddermen's ladder will probably be the only accesspoint, to the top of wall, for the attacking units in order to get access to the castle and therefore it would be vital to take those guys out first.

I'm quite sure that this feature could be used with other types of units and in other types of battles also.

What do you think ?

btw, since we have the laddermen, then i think this is the reason why we don't have a siegetower anymore :(

OSDSET
20-05-2004, 22:46
Yeah be very good might not work with foot soliders tho i suppose they could work there way though to the spearmen or summin.
Hey what about a target this sqaud but try and stay clear of this squad, would work really well for charging caverly.

8)

geno604
21-05-2004, 05:33
You could tell them which units to fire on anyway, they wont just randomly fire.

Good idea though.

Henrik
21-05-2004, 06:29
Originally posted by geno604
You could tell them which units to fire on anyway, they wont just randomly fire.

Good idea though.

I got this idea because i think that the archers are programmed to in those targets which are nearest - unles the olayer tell'em to do otherwise - another reason why we should have this feature is that there are some units you wish to takeout first almost everytime - those would probably be the fastests ones.