PDA

View Full Version : Official Remark

Bubino
21-05-2004, 18:51
I have an important remark. A OFFICIAL remark.

Where are Siege Towers?

This is a menace: if Siege Towers will not be in final release of KoH, i will not buy the game!!! :mad:

...or, possibly, i will buy the game but i will be less happy! :(

Frank Fay
21-05-2004, 18:56
Please see this:

http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1230

Elewyn
21-05-2004, 18:58
@Bubino, here (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&postid=28915#post28915) you have reasons(exact post, not whole thread ;)Henrik :)). If it's not enough for you, give stronger arguments why to include them.

I have no stronger arguments, only that adding it will be fun and one more siege unit will enrich the game.
But I can only accept not really nice fact they are not :(:cheers:

Bubino
21-05-2004, 19:53
uff...

all right... :rolleyes: :(

HexHammer
21-05-2004, 21:10
NOOOOO!!! WHAAAA!!!! :sad: :bash: ..my siege towers ...*sob*....*sniffles*.......

Finellach
21-05-2004, 22:32
Oh come on....you won't buy the game because of single unit...like Siege Towers are so important anyway...

Gorgoroth
21-05-2004, 22:48
No siege towers? Hmmm I will miss 'em, but thats all. :angel:

Redback
24-05-2004, 00:30
Originally posted by Bubino
if Siege Towers will not be in final release of KoH, i will not buy the game!!! :mad:

...or, possibly, i will buy the game but i will be less happy! :(

If siege towers were rarely used,in the Medieval period,it makes sense to devote the resources to adding another unit into the game instead.:)

I Will miss them too,so I will just use ladder men more often instead.
KOH will be great fun with or without siege towers,imo.:cool: :D

Drake Maethor
24-05-2004, 05:47
mmm, well, I don't know about this...

If your siege equipment is limited, trebuchets are only for skillfull marshalls and once deployed they become unmovable, and the fact that the laddermen are easy to get killed by archers (I guess), you sure that Siege Towers are unnecesary?

:confused:

Redback
24-05-2004, 12:43
Don't forget the Catapults and Ballista's and Battering Ram .
sad but we don't really need them,imo.:) :cool: :cheers:

Drake Maethor
24-05-2004, 14:52
mmm Catapults and Balistas I fear will be easyly killeable with arrows.

And battering ram, well.... That can be the answer, but they are just for gates! and not to take over walls :p

I somewhat liked the idea of Siege Towers because they would have given a protected way for taking the walls...

Well... maybe not too protective against fire arrows, but would be better than nothing I guess :p

Gorgoroth
24-05-2004, 15:14
Catapults were very important in the medieval ages. :cool:

Redback
24-05-2004, 22:16
Originally posted by Drake Maethor
mmm Catapults and Balistas I fear will be easyly killeable with arrows.

And battering ram, well.... That can be the answer, but they are just for gates! and not to take over walls :p

I somewhat liked the idea of Siege Towers because they would have given a protected way for taking the walls...

Well... maybe not too protective against fire arrows, but would be better than nothing I guess :p

I think everything will be vulnerable to archers if in their range,
Thats why Ballista's and Catapults will have a greater range of fire
and , if all else fails,archers can counter archers.:p :)
And I'm sure we will be able to use Battering Rams to attack a wall as well.:D :cheers:

eagle1
24-05-2004, 23:09
i realy dont understand why no siegetowers. if the walls dont break that fast why not put a siegetower with archers on it that can shoot while moving.

I hope that all that siegetools cant be destroy quickly by ennemy units like archers whit not burning arrows like in AOE. comeone why would a wooden siegetool break or be destroy by some few arrows that are not burning. that cant do anny damage or am i wrong ???

the boring at siegetowers in other games that they are slow and dont have archers on it. put some archers on it that can shoot from siegtower whit higher adventage then you will have more action.

hope that you can only destroy siegetools if you burn them down otherwise NOT

Drake Maethor
26-05-2004, 03:20
Originally posted by Redback
I think everything will be vulnerable to archers if in their range,
Thats why Ballista's and Catapults will have a greater range of fire
and , if all else fails,archers can counter archers.:p :)
And I'm sure we will be able to use Battering Rams to attack a wall as well.:D :cheers:

Using battering rams to attack stone walls??? No please! No more AOK's fantasy! :p
Why don't you send also your war elephants to break the walls with their heads! :p
Or, since you are from Australia, some kangaroos to box agaisnt the rocks! :D

No, I don't believe that would be good. Physical or historically accurate... Or is it???
Anyway, this doesn't seem to be the case in KOH.
Read:
(from Battering Ram's showcase)

Advantages:
Used to breach gates.

HexHammer
26-05-2004, 05:49
Dudes, it's a super duper area 51 thingy. I think it's the prototype of some sort of stealth ram, 'cuz it's lowprofile and dark colored.

j/k ;)

Remeber the Romans attacked the jewish stronghold Masada. As far as I remember they had stonewalls, but not wery thick, so the Romans used a week time to ram it down.

Henrik
26-05-2004, 06:30
Originally posted by eagle1
i realy dont understand why no siegetowers. if the walls dont break that fast why not put a siegetower with archers on it that can shoot while moving.

I hope that all that siegetools cant be destroy quickly by ennemy units like archers whit not burning arrows like in AOE. comeone why would a wooden siegetool break or be destroy by some few arrows that are not burning. that cant do anny damage or am i wrong ???

the boring at siegetowers in other games that they are slow and dont have archers on it. put some archers on it that can shoot from siegtower whit higher adventage then you will have more action.

I don't think it help to complaing about the missing siegetower anymore :( - Franks statement was clear - I also hate the fact that they have chosen to leave it out - but maybe we'll see it in a sequel - we an only hope for this.

Redback
26-05-2004, 11:46
Cool ,nothing like some fun to pass the time.

Originally posted by Drake Maethor
Or, since you are from Australia, some kangaroos to box agaisnt the rocks! :D

ha , But comeon,really,even my kids can do better than that.:yawn:

btw ; Kangaroo's don't box:p:)

Albanian_Empire
28-05-2004, 01:01
This game is one shot kills so if you put siege towers they shoot without stoping and killing everybody in seconds so no need for siege towers.

HappyAdolf
01-06-2004, 16:04
eagle1 said:i realy dont understand why no siegetowers. if the walls dont break that fast why not put a siegetower with archers on it that can shoot while moving.

Hey, eagle1, you should play Castle Strike. There you could put archers or crossbowmen or musketeers on siege towers. I used them to kill all the archers on the enemy walls and then invade their castle! That rocks! Especially if you have musketeers on them! Just imagine, normally musketeers in Castle Strike kill any unit, regardless of their armor with one or two shots (except heroes). Now imagine 5 siege towers with musketeers! You can put 4 units on the siege tower, so that were 20 musketeers, which were hard to hit because they wereup on the siege towers and so they had higher range themselves!