PDA

View Full Version : Where does a knight appear?

Kuno of Gersenau
22-05-2004, 19:24
I wrote it on German Forum, but I write it also here now, because you know it maybe already?

Where does a knight, f.ex. a marshal appear when you have signed him on?

We know that there is no capital, so the knight appears where the king is? or where you want him? or...:scratch:

Thanks for answers .:cheers:

Gorgoroth
22-05-2004, 19:32
I don't know that how will the recruitment work. Propably we need an answer from the devs, as usual. :D

Frank Fay
22-05-2004, 19:59
you say which town you want to have him and he waits right outside of it :)

Elewyn
22-05-2004, 20:00
Will they be the same in all towns or different in each town?

Kuno of Gersenau
22-05-2004, 20:05
Thanks Frank!:cheers:

@Elewyn: Do you mean f.ex. moslem knight in arabian city, also if you are christian king?

Elewyn
22-05-2004, 20:06
Originally posted by Kuno of Gersenau
Thanks Frank!:cheers:

@Elewyn: Do you mean f.ex. moslem knight in arabian city, also if you are christian king?

that's one point, the second is if the same f.e in Bohemia and Milan (If they have same king, of course)

Henrik
22-05-2004, 21:58
Originally posted by Frank Fay
you say which town you want to have him and he waits right outside of it :)

hmmmmm, i don't think that answer was clear enough ( or i could be stupid - which is also quite possible ! )

If i remember correctly then a knight would appear at the kings court offering his service

But how is it working now? - how do the knights know that/when they are needed ? - or do the the king "advertise" in order to let them know that their services are needed :confused:

Job offer: Loyal Knight needed for a job with good career opportunities !
The king of xxxx seek a knight to take care of the daily operation(s) at the king's newly acquired town of xxxxx. We'll expect the knight to be experienced in handling large crowds of people and to have participated in a few crusades aswell, if you think that you're the right knight for this assignment then do not hesitate to contact the king's court - experience in ruthlesness will only be a plus, but not an absolutly necessity as we have our own extensive training program for our employees.
Wage: the wage which will match your experience and qualifications.

;)

Frank Fay
23-05-2004, 15:05
It works like this:

You first decide what PROFESSION you need, then you assign him. E.g. a Merchant to govern or to trade on a trade route. But initially hired he is in the Royal Court and awaits your assignment.

When you hire a Marshal, you say where he shall appear and tatatata there he will be.

Kuno of Gersenau
23-05-2004, 15:06
And Christian kings have only christian knights, the same with the moslems, right?

Elewyn
23-05-2004, 15:15
Originally posted by Frank Fay
It works like this:

You first decide what PROFESSION you need, then you assign him. E.g. a Merchant to govern or to trade on a trade route. But initially hired he is in the Royal Court and awaits your assignment.

When you hire a Marshal, you say where he shall appear and tatatata there he will be. thanks.

And if he first emerges in f.e. he'll be French in nationality?
do the knights have nationality or something like origin?

On old screenshots there are knights like "blablabla, earl of Mercia", is something like this still in game?

ar they are just "graf Frank" and that's all?

Frank Fay
23-05-2004, 15:22
Merchant Graf Frank

Elewyn
23-05-2004, 15:39

I know It's awful that I always ask....

but what about natonality or some other "identification" of knights?:rolleyes:

Frank Fay
23-05-2004, 16:36
If you are for instance French Kingdom, you get Counts as Knights. If you are English then Earl...etc.

Elewyn
23-05-2004, 17:33
Thanks and Sorry again :D

and if England asks for knight for realm in France, will that knight be earl or count?

Frank Fay
23-05-2004, 18:11
Earl, because you sent YOUR knight to there. You hire him in England and send him (virtually) abroad.

Elewyn
23-05-2004, 18:39
Yea, it has some logic :) I agree :go:

But I have little idea. It's mostly for merchants and landlords IMO. When hiring MY (to keep same example-English) knight for trade with route to Constantinople or Egypt, isn't it better for me to have some "non-English, but orthodox or muslim knight"?

Also with very large and multinational empire it would look little strange to have still Earls (or simply only one title), don't you think?

Henrik
23-05-2004, 23:38
@Elewyn i think you'll still get a Earl or something like that - it doesn't appear to be possible to recruit "local" knights as employees !