PDA

View Full Version : The AI

G_R
07-11-2003, 13:32
My question is- will the AI of computers be enough challenging or will you bet mostly on multy and online playing -player vs player?

Cause a difficult and smart computer opponent would make the gameplay 2-more fun and would be a good teacher before player vs player games!

Pikeman
07-11-2003, 13:36
I'd guess that the AI should be pretty good. I hope that it sets ambushes for you, maybe even scouts out your position or even does flanking movements in battle. At least I hope the AI to be better than in AoK or in Cossacks!:p

G_R
07-11-2003, 16:51
The lack of replys has driven me to a horrable thought.I can sense that AI is the weak spot in KoH i can sense it:).Reaply or die Blacksea:D .(THATS ONLY A JOKE)

Carcassone
10-11-2003, 20:30
I think we all are looking for AI to be a strong aspect to the games longevity. And remember AI has come a long way in gaming. I don't see the AI in this game being overall perfect, but suspect that it should be up to today's par or perhaps a touch better.

Hooba
10-11-2003, 20:32
Another solution is inserting multiple difficulty levels.

Greetz
Hooba

Irish
10-11-2003, 23:14
The AI is the single most important factor in a game. If you look at the statistics, most people who buy strategy games play single player. The on-line community is relatively small compared to the overall number of copies sold. Please take your time developing an AI. I want to be able to play long games in singleplayer where I attempt to conquor Europe. I don't mind a quick random deathmatch over the internet, but most of my gaming will be done single player. Please make the AI a worthy opponent.

Cossacks:The Art of War and American Conquest are good examples of potentially good game ruined by Horrible AI. Please do not follow in their footsteps.

G_R
11-11-2003, 12:27
I still haven't recieved an answer from anyone developing KoH!!!
C'mon guys say something AI is very important give us something!

Pikeman
11-11-2003, 17:32
G_R: What do you expect the devs to say? "The AI in KoH is absolutely cr*p!" Don't worry, I'm sure that with modern technology, the AI will be anything but bad. Besides, there's still plenty of time to sort those kind of things out.:cheers:

Frank Fay
11-11-2003, 17:57
All we could do is becoming technical in answering the question :)

We can assure that AI is VERY important for the game and Black Sea pays a lot of attention to it.

Jorghan
11-11-2003, 19:22
I really hope the AI won't have to cheat, or atleast that you keep the cheating to a minimum. In some games you always win 1 to 4 battles, because the AI ****s, so the AI cheats and always have an army four times your own size just even out the odds. It gets boring at a lenght.

Irish
11-11-2003, 20:54
Originally posted by Frank Fay
All we could do is becoming technical in answering the question :)

We can assure that AI is VERY important for the game and Black Sea pays a lot of attention to it.

That sounds good to me. I just want an AI that I know will make me pay for mistakes. An AI that I know I can lose to if I am not careful. If I only win about half of my games, that is fine with me...A challenging AI is my most important credential for a game.

Irish
11-11-2003, 20:54
Originally posted by Jorghan
I really hope the AI won't have to cheat, or atleast that you keep the cheating to a minimum. In some games you always win 1 to 4 battles, because the AI ****s, so the AI cheats and always have an army four times your own size just even out the odds. It gets boring at a lenght.

I am probably one of the few that doesn't care if the AI cheats as long as the game is challenging.