PDA

View Full Version : One about spies!

Drake Maethor
24-05-2004, 06:04
Short question:
what profession will be your spy when he offers himself to a foreing court?

Frank Fay
24-05-2004, 10:33
He will be in your court always spy but in enemy court he can be one of the 6 available professions. Depending on the hired profession, he can perform nasty stuff :D It is even possible that he become spy and sent to infiltrate your court or better, your hired spy is an infiltrated spy from enemy kingdom :cheers:

Drake Maethor
24-05-2004, 10:56
Amazing, thanks! :cheers:

Three more humble questions, if you don't mind Lord Fray:

-Will he train and become better (advance in level) in all his "jobs"?
(Poor guy, he'll have lot of work to do...)

-What if he becomes a better enemy marshall than a spy of my own court? (Nothing I guess, only it would be a pity I can't change his profession... :rolleyes: )

-And last, but not least interesting, his spy level would be the same for all his two (or more) kingdoms?

Gorgoroth
24-05-2004, 13:53
"nasty stuff" :D
Ah boy, I will surely use them. Mauhahhaa :rofl:

Finellach
24-05-2004, 15:20
Thats great, but I am wondering, will we able to see that the guy we want to hire as spy is already a spy from another court? Or to put it more correctly: will we able to see that he is a double spy when we hire him? Or not? I can think of logical reasons for both.

Kuno of Gersenau
24-05-2004, 15:31
I think you don't see it, when you hire him. But you can order a spy to search spies in your kingdom. Clear, he will nothing find, when he should search himself...:)

Finellach
24-05-2004, 15:34
It would be funny if he would find and report himself. :D :p

Kuno of Gersenau
24-05-2004, 15:45
I have an idea about "spy searches spy"

Is it possible, that when he is the spy sais to you, that another knight is one, but in reality the other isn't one?
So if you kill the other that you make a big fault.

Finellach
24-05-2004, 15:48
Hmm...that would be interesting...perhaps there will be some "intrigue events" that you can trigger telling your spy to mislead other king to do that.

Interestin idea. :go:

Gorgoroth
24-05-2004, 16:22
Hm this is a "stupid" idea imho. Why should a spy search for an other spy?
I think the soldiers should patrol in the country/city [maybe they should do it automatically always, in passive mode], and search for spies.
More troops = better chance to catch a spy. :cool:
[There is a game with this system and it is working very well.]

Elewyn
24-05-2004, 16:27
Hmm, but normal soldier can't ask noble for his ID :D Only a noble-knight can do it. And when enemy spy can be only knight, there is no chance to catch him with normal soldiers.

@Kuno :) IMO the best is to have 2 spies "searchers" at your court. Funny if one is f.e. French and one is f.e. Byzantine spy. :D

Bora
24-05-2004, 17:07
since the post of frujin about the puppetking, i must say that the spionage will be one of the best features of the game :go:

Drake Maethor
26-05-2004, 01:37
Originally posted by Finellach
Thats great, but I am wondering, will we able to see that the guy we want to hire as spy is already a spy from another court? Or to put it more correctly: will we able to see that he is a double spy when we hire him? Or not? I can think of logical reasons for both.

This troubles me more:
If you send your spy to infiltrate another court, and they hire him as a spy and then send him to infiltrate your own court.... WILL YOU KNOW HE IS YOUR OWN SPY???

Drake Maethor
26-05-2004, 01:41
Since I got no answers, I will answer my own questions...

Originally posted by Drake Maethor
Amazing, thanks! :cheers:

Three more humble questions, if you don't mind Lord Fray:

-Will he train and become better (advance in level) in all his "jobs"?
(Poor guy, he'll have lot of work to do...)

-What if he becomes a better enemy marshall than a spy of my own court? (Nothing I guess, only it would be a pity I can't change his profession... :rolleyes: )

-And last, but not least interesting, his spy level would be the same for all his two (or more) kingdoms? IN THE CASE HE IS HIRED ALSO AS AN SPY WHEN HE INFILTRATES ANOTHER COURT

1) YES
2) hahah, as you've said that would be a pity!
3) mmm, Frujin, Frank, can you help me??? :D

Elewyn
26-05-2004, 01:43
Originally posted by Drake Maethor
This troubles me more:
If you send your spy to infiltrate another court, and they hire him as a spy and then send him to infiltrate your own court.... WILL YOU KNOW HE IS YOUR OWN SPY??? you probably realize it when hiring knight with the same face and probably the same name :D

Henrik
26-05-2004, 01:52
I'll agree it would be quite funny - but atleast he wouldn't be hard to find ;)

Drake Maethor
26-05-2004, 01:57
:rofl:

but what if they change his aspect simulating a new look?