PDA

View Full Version : Multiple titles?

Finellach
28-05-2004, 17:04
I was wondering will it going to be posibble to have more than one King title?

Also while I am at it...
I am wondering how would this work. For example you caputure whole Burgundy, will you be able to procalim yourself 'King of Burgundy' even with the "previous" king still being alive? Or how will this work?

I am also wondering what would be if you are that King...exiled from your own land. Will you still be a King or would it be game over? Is this posibble?

And last will there be different tiers for nobility...like Count, Duke, King and Emperor being teh highest?

Finellach
29-05-2004, 00:39
*bump*

Elewyn
30-05-2004, 10:01
not a bad idea, but i'm not sure if usable in a game.

two kings of England etc.

Also I think that it can be god when you conquere very significant part of Europe, Including more kingdoms, it would be nice to call yourself king of France, Castile, Aragon, Denmark and England, but again impossible to implement to a game.

Henrik
30-05-2004, 11:49
Originally posted by Elewyn
not a bad idea, but i'm not sure if usable in a game.

two kings of England etc.

Also I think that it can be god when you conquere very significant part of Europe, Including more kingdoms, it would be nice to call yourself king of France, Castile, Aragon, Denmark and England, but again impossible to implement to a game.

For once i don't agree with you Elewyn :eek: - i'm sure the psudo code for what you have just said would look like something like this: IF all territories belonging to England are conquered by one player THEN change players titel to King of England !

but it's just my guess ! :)

Angryminer
30-05-2004, 13:07
Well, if you unite all of France under your rulership, you are king of France, aren't you? I don't think you need a special title for that.
And if the english king inherits Poland, he leads Poland and England in personal union, but as both nations have the same leader they will belong to the same kingdom and thus they will both be called "England".
I don't think that you will be able to gather titles one after another. I guess they'll be just imaginative ;) .

Again, this is just a guess.

Angryminer

Henrik
30-05-2004, 14:58
well, in the past nobles have been know to have multiple titels, so it would be quite possible to have title of the king of France and England at the same time ie. niether France nor England would cease to excist instead the word "France" or "England" would be the name of an area/region - just like forexample Scandinavia is.

Angryminer
30-05-2004, 15:55
The game doesn't stop you from doing this. It just doesn't use titles itself. And I don't think it is necessary for the game to use this.

[ I understand that you want this feature as a "gimnick", but I don't think that the devs want to change anything more and concentrate on bug-tracking. ]

Angryminer

Finellach
30-05-2004, 17:30
I don't see why would it be imposibble to have more than one title? If you will be able to create vassal kingdoms and set puppet kings then why wouldn't you be able to proclaim yourself as King of England and Scotland...for example...

Elewyn
30-05-2004, 19:23
because with every title name of your kingdom will change and after all, you will be king of Croatia, Hungary, Bohemia, Serbia, France, Byzantium, England.... there won't be enough place on screen to write down all your titles

Henrik
30-05-2004, 19:38
Maybe it just a stupid idea - but on the other hand it would be nice if they included it - maybe in a sequel, because as Angryminer says there is also the bug hunting issue...

Jarlabanke
31-05-2004, 14:49
They have something very much like the system suggested in Crusader kings. If you start out as Sweden, you kingdom will be known as Sweden, but you can become king over any other kingdom aswell, but it only adds another king title to your carachter, for example in my latest game the kingdom of Sweden covers pretty much most of europe and it's king has +30 king titles. But I can't really see what the point of all this would be in Koh.
If it meant that by taking another king title you would be able to train that kingdoms special units, then it would actually mean something. Though IMO this would detract from gameplay.

Elewyn
31-05-2004, 14:54
I think that adding certain kingdom specific units would be too much (there is no reason to have kingdom specific units then).

Rather some very significant number of fame points for the king who got certain ammount of titles.

Henrik
31-05-2004, 15:03
Originally posted by Elewyn
I think that adding certain kingdom specific units would be too much (there is no reason to have kingdom specific units then).

Rather some very significant number of fame points for the king who got certain ammount of titles.

yeahh, maybe you're right Elewyn - maybe the ownership of some regions should have more "royla prestige" than others !

I they implemented this, then i'm happy that it ain't me who have job deciding which region should be more "valueable" than others, coz it's bound to start a big arguement here at our forum :eek: