PDA

View Full Version : waterholes around walls??

Pages : [1] 2

HappyAdolf
01-06-2004, 16:17
Hey guys, take a look in the German forum, thete you can see a thread if you could build waterholes(Wassergräben in German,whats the right English word??) around walls or if it is just around castle buildings like we have seen in some of the sreenshots. I think it would be a great idea to build waterholes like in Stronghold.

Rnett
01-06-2004, 17:03
Moats?

Angryminer
01-06-2004, 17:12
Yes, moats.

And about the questions:
You can only build moats around the castle citadell. That seems logical when you see the size of Praque ;) .

Angryminer

HappyAdolf
01-06-2004, 20:41
Yep. Moats was the word. And its good that you can bvuild it only around the citadel, remember filling the moats in Stronghold? That took too much time!

Henrik
01-06-2004, 23:03
Originally posted by HappyAdolf
Yep. Moats was the word. And its good that you can bvuild it only around the citadel, remember filling the moats in Stronghold? That took too much time!

Yeahh, but i don't think that this can be done in KoH, because we, to my knowlegde, have any sapper units - yet !

Cork2
02-06-2004, 04:44
There are moats in Knight of Honor.

Sir Turylon
02-06-2004, 04:49
good greif. moats in Stronghold were so cheap... one of the coolest things to do was put a moat,, then put pitch around the outside of the moat :) wait till the nme brings his spearmen up to fill it and WHAM! hit the pitch.. muhahahahaha....

HappyAdolf
02-06-2004, 09:25
Yeah, but don't think you can build pitches in KoH, can you???

Angryminer
02-06-2004, 11:16
No, that wasn't used in medieval times anyway. Or extremely seldom.

Angryminer

HappyAdolf
02-06-2004, 13:43
But it was quite funny in Stronghold, all those burning people running around..... but why didn't the horses of the cavalry burn???:D :D

Angryminer
02-06-2004, 13:47
We already have 'human torches' ;) .
Fire-Arrows are cool.

Angryminer

Haegemon
03-06-2004, 20:55
But it was quite funny in Stronghold, all those burning people running around..... but why didn't the horses of the cavalry burn???:D :D

Can't be cruel with animals. :)

HappyAdolf
03-06-2004, 20:55
yeah, saw it on a screenshot. Now they just have to scream like in stronghold;)

Sir Turylon
03-06-2004, 23:13
yeah, saw it on a screenshot. Now they just have to scream like in stronghold;)

rofl.. unit voices would be great! "Great use of our time M'Lord." "Into the moat lads." "Hand me a spade." lol

Finellach
03-06-2004, 23:51
Originally posted by Sir Turylon
rofl.. unit voices would be great! "Great use of our time M'Lord." "Into the moat lads." "Hand me a spade." lol

You mean they would all spak english? :p

Sir Turylon
04-06-2004, 00:43
why not?

Hearing units talking in German would be funny if you were playing the Fatimids. ;)

Finellach
04-06-2004, 01:02
Originally posted by Sir Turylon
why not?

Hearing units talking in German would be funny if you were playing the Fatimids. ;)

And it wouldn't sound funny if they would speak English?! :rolleyes:
Actually hearing them speak in German or in English would be equally wrong...except for English and German units that is.

I think the sounds should be more compatible for every nation. Meaning you would not actually hear what they are saying, you would only hear them yell something and you would guess they are shouting orders, war crys, etc. in English, German, French.... ;)

Haegemon
04-06-2004, 04:22
Like thesims where you don't catch a ball. :D

HappyAdolf
04-06-2004, 11:27
@ Finellach: Yeah, thats a great idea! Just like in CastleStrike: There you could play Germany, France and England and every nation's units spoke their home-language. And the replies of the German and English unts were just funny like in Warcraft.... but I didn't understand one word the French said.:D

Angryminer
04-06-2004, 13:12
But unfortunately we have far too many languages involved in KoH. Anyway, I like the idea very much, I came up with it once by myself ;) .

Angryminer