PDA

View Full Version : diplomacy-just another word for espionage

Pages : [1] 2 3

G_R
08-11-2003, 09:02
I dont know if this has bin asked yet but what kinds of diplomacy will feature KoH? I mean how will diplomacy work?Can you offer land for peace or marry your daughter(or son:D ) to a king- again for peace ?And what about the Boom Boom penguins?

(that last one was a joke);)

Frank Fay
08-11-2003, 09:57
Diplomacy and Espionage are two pair of shoes. They work together but so does Espionage with other things too.

Can you offer land for peace or marry your daughter(or son ) to a king- again for peace

Yes and much more but this is Diplomacy. Espionage come into place for instance if you marry our son and kill the father of the bride :D

G_R
08-11-2003, 10:35
And what about kings-do they play an actual role in the game or are they just another word for "player"?

I hope that every action peasants make is fully and professionaly animated.That does a lot for game realism!

One more question-can the king abdicate in time of great pressure?

Moorkh
08-11-2003, 13:26
Which leads us again to the question of how succession is implemented - especially since it was stated that nobles didn't age and die. C'mon Frank, let us in on it! :)

Frank Fay
09-11-2003, 10:40
I can't mate, sorry...please have some patience.

But succession has nothing to do with Knights directly. When a Knight dies in battle you have to replace him.

When King dies, then succession comes into place. A successor can be own son(s), sons-in-law or Knights.

G_R
09-11-2003, 13:36
I don't understand - does that mean that if a king dies a knight can replace him?Do kings actualy play a role in battle -something like a super knight-or are they just enjoying the slaughter:D ?

And a question a little of topic-how many posts do i have to make to become a super member-or grand master member:D ?

Elewyn
09-11-2003, 14:22
Originally posted by G_R
And a question a little of topic-how many posts do i have to make to become a super member-or grand master member:D ?

So,try to write as many posts as you can, doesnt mind what they are about, ;) (as I do):D
noooo...I was joking,sure.I love this game and have so many questions :angel:

:cheers:

G_R
09-11-2003, 14:53
No thats actualy a good idea i can write posts containing only a word or a symbol-that way i can get to the top and banish all the moderators of the this forum -muahahaha muahahahahah(hysterical laughter).

This is the first 'no what so ever information containing post'Soon i will rule the world or atleast KoH:D !

Moderators comment:No comment!!!:D

Trax
10-11-2003, 01:09
Such behavior is called spamming:D
And spamming is bad:p

Carcassone
10-11-2003, 20:35
hmm, succession of a throne could make this game very interesting. As far as I'm concerned I'm not trusting a soul. I'm looking to take all realms by force...at least for now.

G_R
11-11-2003, 12:31
My thoughts exactly-why should I share my fame and power-kill'em all-and think about it all empires are made by one king and slowly but s****ly fall after his death!

Jerome
11-11-2003, 12:55
what better way to take control of a realm by ways of some arranged marriage? it doesnt take any effort or cost, and it leaves the realm you wish to conquer unharmed of war...

Thus diplomacy is a very good way of getting to the top. you dont want to fight everybody at the same time. just stay friends with most of them untill theyre no longer usefull, and take them out one at a time...;)

its called politics; it happens all around the world...:D

by the way; will it be possible to assasinate rival kings? it would be pretty cool if u could poison his food, or create some nasty accident...:angel:

Carcassone
11-11-2003, 15:46
I do believe that assassination is a possibility.

Frank Fay
11-11-2003, 17:47
I do believe that assassination is a possibility

Yes and you can also bribe the guy to give you better deal in Diplomacy :)

Jerome
12-11-2003, 09:29
this game keeps getting better and better...:cheers:

i want a demo.........:(

theaztec45
14-11-2003, 02:21
yeah, when will we be able to see a demo or at least a trailer. . and maybe some more screenshots?:bday:

G_R
15-11-2003, 16:15
Ofcoourse you'll see new screenshots and other new cool stuff after the site update-next week i think(i suppose Monday:))!

I hope that we'll see even trailers-cross your fingers:)!

Cork2
16-11-2003, 02:01
So wait. A knight can become king if there are nor heirs. So what if there are more then one knights and they all want to be king? Do they start a war to see who will become king?

G_R
16-11-2003, 05:07
Well if there are more than 1 knight wanting to become a king - I suppose that the highest level knight gets the crown-ots logical!

Jorghan
16-11-2003, 06:27
No,what's logical is that they fight for it. :)