PDA

View Full Version : IF they dont this will make the game worse

Steve
02-06-2004, 21:16
I understand the diffrent battles they are having but its all missing something that could make it so much better....with such huge maps WHY cant they let you and your enemy in multiplayer beable to build up and have your own kingdoms and defend and attack them..why must it be defend and attack only its so dumb if thats the way it is..and I have read the multiplayer please do not send it to me again.

Angryminer
02-06-2004, 21:21
Well, we'd all like the WorldView-Multiplayer, but unfortunately it's far to late in the developement-process of KoH to include something like this.
The WorldView-Multiplayer wasn't planned for KoH since it's very beginning. I think they underestimated the effect of such a feature, but well, it's too late now.

Angryminer

Steve
02-06-2004, 21:25
I am prob an idiot ..but what do you mean by worldview multiplayer?

Angryminer
02-06-2004, 21:29
I possibly bore you with links to various pages on this website, but you might be interested in reading this (http://www.knights-of-honor.net/english/gameinfo/featured_story/closeview.php) if you want to learn something about the WorldView ;) .
The "WorldView-Multiplayer" just means a multiplayer mode in the WorldView. So a multiplayer where you can manage your nation and compete against other kings on the WorldView.

Angryminer

Sir Turylon
08-06-2004, 04:33
one major reason worldview cannot be implemented now is it is real time. If KoH was turn based, world view could be implemented. In real time, you'd need a T1 in order to be able to keep in synch with other players. Real time games east bandwidth like Americans eat hot dogs. :)

Gorgoroth
08-06-2004, 15:14
Hmmm I dont think that a T1 would be a minimum req. for "worldview mp".
Imho a 1.5mbit DSL connection must be enough for hosting a 6-8 players game.

Angryminer
08-06-2004, 15:16
Well, 64k would be enough too. But it would be nearly impossible to keep all players in sync ;) .

Angryminer