PDA

View Full Version : Take over France

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Kdar
03-06-2004, 22:18
Today when i went to web side of game, there some think like intro, "Take over France".

What is it sopos to be? Is it new name of game???

The Council
03-06-2004, 22:54
You're kidding right?

See France is easy to conquer.....Look at it this way....They've never won a war since........ever. lolz

Finellach
03-06-2004, 23:48
That is on the site for more than couple of days now.

Btw. I was wondering as well about that. Maybe they are trying to "motivate" french gamers. :D :p

TC what do you mean France never won a won a war? What about Frankish Empire? What about 100 years war? What about Napoleon? What about colonial wars? :confused:

Jarlabanke
04-06-2004, 11:27
What about WW1? The might have had help, but they still were on the winning side of it.

timurlenk
04-06-2004, 11:51
Originally posted by The Council
You're kidding right?

See France is easy to conquer.....Look at it this way....They've never won a war since........ever. lolz

"pisa-study" :dwink:

Gorgoroth
04-06-2004, 12:23
You're kidding right?

lol :D ... I think you are under the influence of WW2 still. :D

manfried
04-06-2004, 15:08
You're kidding right?

lol, funny guy, what country are you from? I don't know a lot of countries in Europe (except United Kingdom) that have never been under french domination. We lose WW2 because of a stupid defensive strategy, but in WW1 we had some problems juste because of the germans shamely invasion of the neutral Belgium, and as soon as we take back soldiers, the german invasion was stop no? :rolleyes:
Well, i'm also wondering what this intro means? If they want to motivate me, it's not successful at all, it give me a bad feeling about the developpers, that's all. :(
But whatever, i'll kick all of you when the game will be release :angry:

Nadine Knobloch
04-06-2004, 15:29
Originally posted by manfried

Well, i'm also wondering what this intro means? If they want to motivate me, it's not successful at all, it give me a bad feeling about the developpers, that's all. :(

Why does it give you "a bad feeling about the developers"?

Ioan Asen II
04-06-2004, 15:38
Originally posted by Nadine Knobloch

May be he's also thinking as 'The Council' does, that ...France is easy to conquer....
Otherwise, IMO he should take it as that France is difficult to be conquered, it's a challenge to do it. Afterall, almost every game is sort of challenge, isn't it?!

At least, I understand this way the intro.

The Council
04-06-2004, 15:39
The Frankish empire was not France Napoleon lost 2 times and died on st helene (thus losing:) and they also lost the colonial wars and im from belguim and france didnt win in the 1WW because of the superiority of their troops lolz (yes Flandres was conquered by France but we kicked out again :p

The Council
04-06-2004, 15:42
And you didnt lose WW2 because of "a stupid defence strategy" but because (sorry i have to say) everyone except De Gaulle didnt fight back or collaborated :p sorry the truth hurts buddy

Jarlabanke
04-06-2004, 15:42
If you can't think of many countries that haven't been under french control in europe I'd say you need a history lesson...

The Council
04-06-2004, 15:43
Anyway i didnt want to start a riot were all here for the game right? :)
:cheers:

The Council
04-06-2004, 15:45
Btw i certainly have to agree with Jarlebanke : Manfried Europe is bigger than just the part of western Europe that you probably know.

Angryminer
04-06-2004, 15:50
I didn't understand the statement behind the "Take over France"-advertisement, too.
It just makes me think of some stupid american's opinion about the french.

All-in-all: I don't like it.
"Take over Europe" would be far better.
In fact, it would even be good ;) .

Angryminer

manfried
04-06-2004, 15:54
Originally posted by Nadine Knobloch

I've two ways to understand this intro:
- France is easy to conquer (but that's not way i think it is)
- France is the target
This second way for me would sounds like "if like us you don't like France, you'll be able to beat them". Of course, i'm probably wrong, but it's the first thing that came to my mind. Maybe it's because i'm French?

Jarlabanke: Spain, Italy, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Netherlands, Poland, tchek republic, only with Napoleon. Is this enough? :D

yes Flandres was conquered by France
Who told that? Do you really know WW1? Germany invaded Belgium to go through this country to invade France without meeting its army. Finaly, when you meet the French army, you were immediatly stopped (remind of the Marne battle). If we didn't won this war by ourselves, you didn't won it too.

Angryminer
04-06-2004, 15:57
Non of us has won the WW1, or who of is older than 80 years?

Angryminer

Ioan Asen II
May be DEMO will be playable only in France?:rolleye: :scratch:

manfried
Originally posted by Angryminer
I didn't understand the statement behind the "Take over France"-advertisement, too.
It just makes me think of some stupid american's opinion about the french.

All-in-all: I don't like it.
"Take over Europe" would be far better.
In fact, it would even be good ;) .

Angryminer

Someone who understand my feeling!

The Council: Of course, we didn't conquer all Europe, but i don't think we had such a bad army that you think

Nadine Knobloch
04-06-2004, 16:20
In a nutshell:

Your goal is to become emperor of ALL EUROPE.
Which means you have to take it over bit by bit.

I'm very confused that some might feel personally affected by this ad...

Nobody - and hey, I mean nobody - had bad or cruel intentions when we chose to start with "Take over France".
And by the way, some more ads will follow. And they'll have other parts of Europe as a "target"... ;)