PDA

View Full Version : question about the "living pictures"

orenda
06-06-2004, 11:27
hello! long time no see :(
so i have just saw the "living pictures" and i have a question: why the villagers are going on foot between the places on the map? where are the carts?

Elewyn
06-06-2004, 12:23
they are there just to bring some life. Btw, there are carts. I personaly found 2 :)

What are those carts, devs?

I just expected those living pics more living, but I like them however.

Gorgoroth
06-06-2004, 13:35
I think they are doing their job, gathering stuff from the farms, and taking it to the city.
I hope that we can turn them off, I dont like this "feature" that much, its a bit weird to see some peasants running on the overland map. :D

Henrik
06-06-2004, 14:42
Originally posted by Gorgoroth
I think they are doing their job, gathering stuff from the farms, and taking it to the city.

yeahh, i'll agree - that would make good sence IMO

Originally posted by Gorgoroth
I hope that we can turn them off, I dont like this "feature" that much, its a bit weird to see some peasants running on the overland map. :D [/B]

It will get fixed don't worry - remember the game is still only in its beta-fase.

orenda
06-06-2004, 15:26
i know what they are doing! the thing that i dont understand is why they arent transporting the goods with carts.

Henrik
06-06-2004, 21:18
Originally posted by Henrik
It will get fixed don't worry - remember the game is still only in its beta-fase.

orenda
06-06-2004, 21:29
dont worry im not worrying :)

Drake Maethor
07-06-2004, 05:09
And who is telling that they are transporting things?
Maybe they are just living, going from work home town, visiting some family, etc... :p

Remember, no micromanagement in KOH!

orenda
07-06-2004, 09:20
yep no micromanagement but if you watch closely you will see that they are carrying some materials.

Nike
07-06-2004, 13:57
I wonder only why do they walk through mountains and forests. I hope they'll fix it. And they are walking a little bit stiffy.

geno604
07-06-2004, 23:47
Ok, to catch up. (was camping this weekend). I downloaded both videos, and i goto play them in WinMedia and they are just black screens, when i press play it does nothing?.. am i missing a codec or something?

ps-i went to that xvid site, and i am lost..i dunno what im supposed to download.?:confused:

Rnett
07-06-2004, 23:51
I had problems too, try this player (http://www.divx.com/support/newbies.php?url=http://www.divx.com/support/newbies.php) and see if it works.

Henrik
08-06-2004, 02:05
Originally posted by geno604
Ok, to catch up. (was camping this weekend). I downloaded both videos, and i goto play them in WinMedia and they are just black screens, when i press play it does nothing?.. am i missing a codec or something?

ps-i went to that xvid site, and i am lost..i dunno what im supposed to download.?:confused:

I also recommend that you follow the link provided by Rnett :) - during the installation the program ask you how many componets to install - just say no to the player if you don't want it, then it only installs the codec - and the codec is the only thing you need......

Good luck :)

Redback
10-06-2004, 06:16
I finally got a chance to have a look at them.
They look great imo,and I think the Developers have done a great job.:cool:

Keep up the good work.:cool: :D

Now if only we could see a Battle video.;)
Hint ,hint.;) :D :cheers: