PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite religion (in the game)

Pages : [1] 2

Elvain
22-11-2006, 12:17
Each religion offers us something else

Catholic - gives you the possibility to lead crusades and to have your cleric be elected as the pope, it gives you nice bonuses for gold

Catholic excomunicated - the entire catholic world hates you, but you are more or less independent on the papacy

Islam - gives you great morale bonus and possibility of Jihad when someone attacs you. You are not tied to any authority and have all advantage of clerics

Orthodox - gives you nice bonus of gold, but the morale penalty is deadly. Generaly Orthodox kingdoms tend to disappear from the map after certain time

Orthodox independent - the morale penalty is gone, you have also great bonus for writing books but you have to have continuous line of patriarchs, you need to have the patriarch at your court and then also educate new cleric to succeed him

Pagan - probably the weakest religion. It disables you to have clerics so it's extremely hard or rather impossible to get books and educate your knights and adopt people in conquered provinces. On the other hand it is like a flood. Once you conquer a province, it is automaticaly converted to paganism, so there are no religious revolts. There is also small morale bonus which gives you advantage especially against orthodox nations
--
My favourite is orthodox independent

I love the patriarch thing, the church is independent, I have no moral penalties andthe books bonus is very nice. Maybe I upgraded them little too much in my mod, but I wanted those to survive more than one AI patriarch

they are followed by Orthodox dependent and Islam. Dependent because of the penalty (the game is harder) and Islam because of the possibility of calling for Jihad

Anguille2
22-11-2006, 12:50
I hesitated to vote for Islam as it's the religion i had the most as i played with the Fatimids a lot (and those Jihads can be very handy :biggrin: ) but the thing is that i tend to identify myself with any Kingdom i play in the game and therefore adopt the religion of that kingdom with the pros and cons...

My vote went to "i don't care, i just enjoy the game" :wink:

King Kaloyan
22-11-2006, 15:49
My favourite is Orthodox independant, because of the same reason Elvain has chosen it. It's more realsitic having your Patriarchs getting old and dying and makes the game harder.

Lord_Nick
23-11-2006, 03:13
I like Pagan the most, since it makes the game more challenging.

It forces you to figure out ways to write Books; gives you a nice income penalty; and the lack of Clerics forces you to make peace with everyone in order to eliminate Nostalgia.

People's Republic of China
23-11-2006, 04:37
Orthodox Independent

kiri_hacker
23-11-2006, 16:28
Well I like the Pagan religon because you lose money (30%) to (I guess its to upkeep your holy places) makes it more harder and realistic :) Orthodox is also nice because your enemies will not give up in battle so easy... and you get 10% extra gold wich is realistic (I guess because you collect extra church taxes from people or something like that) :cheers:

Angryminer
23-11-2006, 16:38
I like playing as a catholic. It's the balance of being the nicest christian on earth on the one hand but on the other hand slaughtering every possible enemy in the most cruel way possible.
I like playing realistically. Christians are such barbarians... :wink:

Angryminer

Doge
24-11-2006, 13:21
Good question, Elvain. :go:

I like the Orthodox independent kingdoms the best because of the challenge involved.

My second favorite is Orthodox then Catholic. In my personal mod, I give the Muslims units a big buff along with the Golden Horde units to add to game difficulty. So I never play the Muslims anymore and forgot how it was to play them.

Largefry07
27-11-2006, 03:53
Orthodox independent.

What I like to do is play the golde horde in the High period (I think it's the high) and convert them to Orthodox. It's a nice challenge. Your entire nation is in a huge internal mess and if you are at war with someone... good luck!

Elvain
28-11-2006, 21:47
OMG, I should've voted for Islam. There seems to be nobody loving it at first place....

and counting it by number of nations per religion most nations I like belong to Islam :bash:

btw, catholics took the lead... let's fight them:knight: :swordfigh :holy: :hug:

kevincompton
28-11-2006, 21:51
Catholic, proudly. For aesthetic reasons really, and Crusades are freeking cool.

Xuca
28-11-2006, 23:13
Orthodox Independant, and not just because it's my religion. Okay, maybe a little, but it's always nice to declare independance from someone who's opressing you (in this case, the Patriarch of Constantinople).

Anguille2
29-11-2006, 09:20
OMG, I should've voted for Islam. There seems to be nobody loving it at first place....

I do...i would change my vote now if i could...

Angryminer
29-11-2006, 13:04
@Anguille2:
I just removed one vote from "don't care" and added one to "Islam" for you. :go:

Angryminer

Anguille2
29-11-2006, 13:23

patriot1
06-12-2006, 20:17
Lol i am the only one who said he don`t care about religion :eek: .
I am not a believer but i don`t like to judge favorite religion by the bonuses it gives in the game.In real life i would propably choose orthodox as a state religion if i need to(doesn`t really metter if independant or not coz all nowadays orthodox countries are independant(becouse there is no Constantinople ofcourse)).
I like orthodox cause it gives you the most freedom,
yet i don`t regard religion as anything more then a way of contoling the masses.If there is a choice of atheism,or something close enought to Nietsche`s ideas for man,i won`t hesitate to choose it.(ofcorse about 5 centuries after the end of KOH :wink: )
When playing KOH,i`am never interested in my subjects religion,which doesn`t stop me from converting them to my kingdom religion and killing all the rebels during the process,which has nothing to do with religious fanatism but with desire to assimilate them culturally for the good of the state.
sorry if off topic
ps:note at the statistic it is probably written i voted for orthodox that`s becouse i didn`t see the "i don`t care" sign at the begining and the backspace botton didn`t change anything :(

Doux
06-12-2006, 22:04
I voted Islam - they have got very nice bonuses and warriors in my mod :biggrin:

PLAY WITH ME ON KOH
13-12-2006, 03:37
ummmm does anyone know where to get laudans mod where the max amount of troops is like 500 sumthing?

Elvain
23-01-2007, 11:39
oh, as there is revival of KoH, I'd like to revive also several polls, this among them :angel:

hawk_knight
23-01-2007, 12:19
I don't care which religion I play, just enjoy the game :lol:

i just play with any relegion as i just wanna conquer te world :viking: