PDA

View Full Version : Tech Advancements...

Carcassone
10-11-2003, 18:30
I realize that the period for this game isn't from the dawn of time to modern day; however, I'm wondering if technological advancements will be a part of this game. I'm guessing not at all, but then again I'm not correct most of the time, at least my wife says so..;)

If tech advancements aren't there, will different kingdoms have advantages/disadvantages over other kingdoms i.e. longbows?

Pikeman
11-11-2003, 08:36
Not to forget gunpowder!!!!!! :bday: (If the game reaches that time period)

Jerome
11-11-2003, 09:44
Originally posted by Carcassone
If tech advancements aren't there, will different kingdoms have advantages/disadvantages over other kingdoms i.e. longbows?

good question! u mean special units for each nation; was wondering about the same thing...:D

:angel:

Pikeman
11-11-2003, 11:21
I think I remember reading something about being able to build Longbows if you own a province in England and being able to build Teutonic Knights if you own a province in Germany, so I think that it depends more on which territories you own, rather than which faction you're playing.

Jerome
11-11-2003, 11:27
that would mean that if you control Germany AND Britain, you would be able to build both longbows and teutonic knights!

thats a good reason to invade a certain realm...;)

COOL :D

Carcassone
11-11-2003, 15:51
Interesting concept. Instead of having specific units/abilities for a given kingdom, those units and advantages are awarded to given provinces. Geesh, this game could get rough if you're looking to take over a given province and it's loaded with Teutonic knights or better yet a castle is loaded with longbows, who'd even get close enough to scale the walls.

Frank Fay
11-11-2003, 16:50
The Europe map is divided in 100+ realms. Each realm belongs to a teritory which is NOT a fraction. In teritories specific units can be produced. For instance in South England (4 realms approx.) can a Longbowmen be produced. And when a fraction owns a realm in South England then the fraction can produce in that realm Longbowmen.

Shand
12-11-2003, 01:56
How soon do you think it will be before we get more details on the units included. can we start a thread on units we would like to see maybe. has the unit list been decided upon yet. WOuld you take suggestions from the boards? Are teh units going to be historially accurate ie, names, provinces, descriptions?

Jerome
12-11-2003, 09:41
Originally posted by Frank Fay
The Europe map is divided in 100+ realms. Each realm belongs to a teritory which is NOT a fraction. In teritories specific units can be produced. For instance in South England (4 realms approx.) can a Longbowmen be produced. And when a fraction owns a realm in South England then the fraction can produce in that realm Longbowmen.

its amazing how the developers of this game seem to be able to read my mind...:D :cheers:

Pomerania Prince
12-11-2003, 14:06
what about mercenary army?

Frank Fay
12-11-2003, 21:32
How soon do you think it will be before we get more details on the units included.

A few weeks, bu not ages ;) Cant commit on a time as too many things are involved.

can we start a thread on units we would like to see maybe. has the unit list been decided upon yet.
Yes please do so :rolleyes: However, the list is pretty much fixed though...

WOuld you take suggestions from the boards?
It depends on where it goes but BSS and me would like to work on an add-on after KoH too:) So if it wont make it in the final game, maybe in a possible add-on?

Are teh units going to be historially accurate ie, names, provinces, descriptions?
As much as accurate as possible in order not to harm the fun. Fun and gameplay wins always. That is major objective.

Jorghan
12-11-2003, 21:57
Will the names of regions change during different time periods, and how will they be named, from the english name or from the native name? It must be a tough job considering how regions may have somewhat different names in different languages and times.

Shand
13-11-2003, 00:47
One more question. How will stats of units work. is it gonna be the basic scissors/paper/rocks system. Or is each unit going to have its own stats and perform better in different circumstances.
It's one of the things i love about MTW, you can never be certain how your units will behave under different circumstances. and its never guaranteed that one unit will always beat another. for example cav will get slaughtered taking on spearman in a frontal charge, but if you use them right and flank the spearman with your cav, then the cav will win the day. I really hate the scissors/paper/rocks system