PDA

View Full Version : Data Logs on battles and sieges.

Carcassone
10-11-2003, 22:10
I would like to know if there are any plans or have there been plans made to log battles and sieges. For example, as a king, I would be able to see the battle and siege log to see which Lord is more successful in their conflicts. The log would consist of Lords, their army size, losses and kills...basically a kill to death ratio.

I'm guessing that something like this would be included in some type of toggle menu/book that can be used by Kings to help see to the affairs of the kingdom.

Jorghan
11-11-2003, 02:35
I think I read somewhere that this game would have real sieges. I guess what you mean with siege is storming a castle though? Would hardly by very interesting to log a long and boring siege. :P

Carcassone
11-11-2003, 21:01
I'm talking about a log that would basically note the success or unsuccessfulness of a given Lord's battles and sieges. It may prove that a given Lord isn't that great on the battle field and may or should be replaced.

Frank Fay
12-11-2003, 21:40
There is a temporarly log which channels the messages. The nature of the game and having many battles and events would make a persistent log (like in RPGs) really, really, really full with information.

Also a Knight who does not win a battle is maybe not guilty. It is the King who may have not improved his skills, gave him the wrong army or assigned a Knight with the wrong Skills. In KoH you WILL know which of your Knights is worth and which not. You will know them by name and you wont need a log.

Carcassone
13-11-2003, 22:37
Good to hear. I wasn't really pushing for a log, but I wasn't quite sure how a King would monitor all the activities of his Lord's, but if we'll be able to "know" which are successful and which are not, I'll take your word for it and wait for future releases of info.

Frank, what seems to be the typical number of armies that are fielded at once? I understand that it's a matter of support that can be given, counties, Lords, etc.

Additionally, how vulnerable will a Lord's castle be when he is out on a "mission". Will the castles defeses be diminished because the Lord is not present or is it just a matter of a reduced number of defenders?

Frank Fay
20-11-2003, 11:29
Frank, what seems to be the typical number of armies that are fielded at once? I understand that it's a matter of support that can be given, counties, Lords, etc.

The final number has not been set, but expect not more units than 2000 in one battle.

Additionally, how vulnerable will a Lord's castle be when he is out on a "mission". Will the castles defeses be diminished because the Lord is not present or is it just a matter of a reduced number of defenders?

Knights who rule a Castle will be always in the castle. A realm wont be defenseless. But sometimes the Knight may has special "denfence" skills :) Also you can mobilize him and if you do, the realm has no ruler = does not produce anything into your treasury.

Besides the rulers of the realms / castles we have Knights, which are mobilized all the time = offensive forces. Also he may have special skills which can help.

In a nutshell:
Economic and defensive skills come into account when a Knight rules. It affects only his realm. Offensive skills, come into affect when he is mobilized and does not rule. It affects all battle actions he does.

So if you have Knight who has offensive skills and you let him rule a realm, you would do better to mobilize him and vice versa:) But sometimes better Knights may offer their service and then you have to decide what to do with him :p There are several options available...