PDA

View Full Version : Buildings

Pages : [1] 2

Ben Nevis
18-06-2004, 16:21
Nice update!!!!

Ben Nevis
18-06-2004, 16:32
Does anybody know whether buildings can be destroid in a battle?
And when this is the case do you loose technological development and maybe even more advanced buildings that have the destroyed building as requirement?

TheBoss
18-06-2004, 16:40
Cool... kinda looke like the old settlers 2 buildings, yey!

1: Can buildings on fire spread to other parts of your complex while battling it out?
2: Can we build multiple buildings like the Swordsmith to speed unit creation of armed men with swords up?

Hector
18-06-2004, 20:23
Originally posted by Ben Nevis
Does anybody know whether buildings can be destroid in a battle?
And when this is the case do you loose technological development and maybe even more advanced buildings that have the destroyed building as requirement?

GOOD QUESTION!!

it would be a shame to loose another library of Alexandria

Drake Maethor
18-06-2004, 20:59
Hey!
Best update in a while!!!
Since the 'near 25 new units'. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Many thanks!

Talking about libraries.... don't you find the library drawing a little curious? :rolleyes: That mix between the medieval architecture and the Roman one (the entrance). :rolleyes: But it seems nice!

Elewyn
18-06-2004, 21:46
yea, that's right, some hybrid between ancient romanic and medieval architecture, but I think it's fine.
That reminds me how will arabian buildings look? :)

my question from another thread (which will be deleted)there is silver-mine. Is this possible to be built in every realm or only in some where the silver is?

and also. I really like tax office discreasing happines in the province. I just want to ask, there were bards in one older screenshot. Are bards still possible to increase happines of a province? If yes, which of buildings do they need? i thought some special Inn. but maybe oly normal inn or is there something else planned for them?

and also one question, deformed by my studies...
will there be any local bonuses? like f.e. in Britain and "Greece" higher production of sheep farms, in Bohemia and Hungary higher silver production, in northern France, Flandre and Gelre and northern Italy higher production of weavers, in Baltics more honney(and wax), Spain and south Italy better in making parchment, German and Balkan butchers, "Greek", Italian and "Provencale"(south French) sculptors, no comment about Winers (France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Alpine lands, Balkans), hunters in Scandinavia, stables in the east of Europe...

Sir Turylon
18-06-2004, 22:02
Plz stop calling it Roman architecture. :)

The Romans just copied other culture's architecture, then added on to it. Islamic architecture really is nothing but mutated Helenistic architecture.

Gothic architecture would be a mixture of both Frankish and Romanesque. Which are nothing bout Gaelic and Greek.

But yes... buildings do look nice.

@Elewyn

Bards... Inns... ;) hire bards to sing in inns? maybe?

Finellach
18-06-2004, 22:05
Thats a good question Elewyn. I think it would be better to limit these advanced buildings to province not just get the additional bonus. For example it would be funny if Bohemia could build a shipyard or fishmonegery. In any case I agree. :go:

TheBoss
18-06-2004, 22:23
Just noticed an error on the building list of the Cattle Farm which in its description is named as a Sheep Farm :O

Ben Nevis
18-06-2004, 22:30
indeed, little mistake there.

Finellach
18-06-2004, 23:17
Yep...noticed that.

Sir Turylon
19-06-2004, 00:25
hmmm... these building tech trees are nice. Anyone else excited about the ballista towers? :)

Drake Maethor
19-06-2004, 02:36
Sir Turylon!
Tell me if I'm wrong, but I think that the Romans made important engineering advances, and added some things the Greeks didn't have. They copied of course many things from the Greeks, but they did some "tweakings". For example they added roofs in the form "/\". The Greeks didn't have them, the Greek roofs were all plane. And in the library of the building showcase you can see some columns, inspired by the Greeks, with the addition of the /\ roofs.
Also a good example is the Colisseum. Romans had archs that Greeks didn't have. Maybe they copied them from an eastern civ, I don't know.
However, if they just copied things from another civs and mixed them to create another a new architecture, that makes them to have an architecture of their own.
Nobody would say that a bowl of spaghettis a la filetto isn't an Italian meal. However there you have the tomatoes from America and the Chinese pasta combined. The result? A typical Italian meal. The same with architecture.
Anyway, having them an architecture of their own or not, Romans were excellent civil engineers, and pushed the quality and greatness of buildings to another level.

Drake Maethor
19-06-2004, 02:46
Some questions!
If I recall correctly something about levels had been said...
How do you upgrade the level of your towns? Just adding buildings? Or you'll have choose another option? For example like in Warcraft when you upgraded your Town Center to Keep and then to Castle.
And second... Would we have more than one level for a building type?
I remember something about levels has been told when we talked about Town Guards. But I don't remember if the town level was the important thing or the Town Watch level, in order to have more regiments of town guards.... :rolleyes:
I think it was the town level... Anyway, knowing that will we have more than 10 levels for a town, will we have more than one levels for some buildings?

Sir Turylon
19-06-2004, 05:14
Originally posted by Drake Maethor
them an architecture of their own or not, Romans were excellent civil engineers, and pushed the quality and greatness of buildings to another level. [/B]

Nobody is questioning the Romans as civil engineers. :) I'm just questioning calling it "Roman"

SOme reading on Roman architecture and its origins (http://www.2020site.org/rome/)

Romans had two most reknownd architectural achievements (besides the wide-spread use of arches), the aqueduct and the paved stone road. Roman roads are so well built they dwarf our own concrete ones in many ways... including durability over the years.

I think, Drake, you were talking about the sloped ceiling?
I see they have tiled roofs. These were popular, if I recall correctly, through Italy, Spain, and Mediterranian areas. Thatched roofs were used in northern regions since they were more easily constructed. In game, I think it will depend upon what region the county is in. see below.

Example of thatched roof (http://www.knights-of-honor.net//gfx/screenshots/scr_koh_0075.jpg)
Example of tiled roof (http://www.knights-of-honor.net//gfx/screenshots/scr_koh_0097.jpg)

Mods, will the city building icons change to reflect the different architecure? Also, can you confirm that the city building icons represent the same ones we see in the Arabian architecture seen here (http://www.knights-of-honor.net//gfx/screenshots/scr_koh_0128.jpg) ? :angel:

Also... we are talking about Middle Ages.... so.. of course all the architecture from the regions would be incorporated. :)

@ your other post. Maybe it depends upon how many different types of buildings are built. IE, like in RoN. The city upgrades itself automatically when you build a certain number of buildings.

The castle upgrades seen to be based on individual techs. IE; palisade, stone walls, ballista towers, corner towers, drum towers, gatetowers, moat. It would be cool if they have different levels of these techs. :)

:cheers:

PS. Devs, could we see some screenshots of Arabian towns in next update? IE, like the ones posted above. :)

Drake Maethor
19-06-2004, 10:27
May I answer to myself? :p
The Swordsmith can be upgraded to Sword Mastersmithy! :cheers:

Drake Maethor
19-06-2004, 10:27
May I answer to myself? :p
The Swordsmith can be upgraded to Sword Mastersmithy! :cheers:

Dobber
19-06-2004, 10:34
Mighty impressive display of buildings, am looking forward to seeing them all.

Redback
19-06-2004, 10:42
So true,can't wait till the game is released:D

Thanks for the update BSS:cool: :D

Jarlabanke
19-06-2004, 16:11
The romans invented concrete? no? One which is/was in many ways superior to the one most commonly used today too if I'm not misstaken.