PDA

View Full Version : To the DEVELOPER, please asnwer this question:

Pages : [1] 2

dearmad
16-12-2006, 20:38
Can I use the knight/princess images in a MOD I am making for M2TW which will replace the ugly M2TW (Medieval 2 total war) general images with the ones fromthis game. I've always loved the art in this game and seek your permission to do so.

Would it be OK?? No one will sell the mod, it would be freely available to anyone who wants it and would be MUCH NICER looking than the M2TW art!

Let me know. :scratch:

At any rate I will do so for my own use, but wonder if I can for others'.

Angryminer
16-12-2006, 22:23
If I remember correctly, the license agreement pretty clearly says that you may not distribute the game or parts of it. There should be a EULA.txt on one of the CDs that clealy describes what you are allowed (nothing, unless there is an exception, like playing the game).

Angryminer

dearmad
16-12-2006, 23:28
EULA's are not legal point of foundation for any legal transaction- you cannot have an agreement contained in a package you cannot return be assumed to be agreed to by all parties. A *license* agreement in not a unilateral agreement it requires the agreement by both parties.

What I am talking about here is fair-use copyright permission. And I am wondering if the owners of the right would allow a particular use.

Angryminer
16-12-2006, 23:49
Then you'll want to head yourself to the legal department of Sunflowers. They own KoH. BSS doesn't have any rights to KoH.

Angryminer

knez
17-12-2006, 00:04
you have to accept licence if you want to instal game

dearmad
17-12-2006, 00:45
installation has nothing to do with remuneration being impossible. this means it isn't a transaction but an imposition, and that is not an "agreement" or binding civil contract.

sorry, try again.

@ angry,

OK, ty.

Frujin
17-12-2006, 07:42
They own KoH. BSS doesn't have any rights to KoH.

Angryminer

This is not true anymore.

dearmad
17-12-2006, 09:58
wha- huh!? Share the details... :eek:

BTW I'm using KoH artwork for my Generals and Princesses in M2TW- it is so much nicer looking! I hope I can share this with people- full credit to the game KoH of course.

Madmax
17-12-2006, 10:30
i would suggest, use the musics of KOH as well, they are FAR better than M2TW music, IMHO.

ah , and if you manage to make a mod where the strategic game is KoH and the tactical battles are from M2TW LET ME KNOW, I would buy it :biggrin:

Angryminer
17-12-2006, 11:23
This is not true anymore.Oh that's interesting! So we can bother you about KoH2?
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!

:rofl:

Angryminer

Elvain
17-12-2006, 11:49
Oh that's interesting! So we can bother you about KoH2?
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!

:rofl:

yes, yes, KOH 2 , could we?

They own KoH. BSS doesn't have any rights to KoH.

Angryminer

oh my god!! You are full of secret but great news :hello:

Laudan
17-12-2006, 11:58
Good second patch = sells more KOH = and produce a new Goldversion KOH included with the new second patch = and make modable friendly = and able another years for the warm community = and finished KOH2:angel:

Well done, i see in the far future a golden star. :secruity: :rolleyes:

Traveller
17-12-2006, 12:50
Well, Frujin, you certainly know how to raise someone's interest and then raise it even more by making him wonder what's the rest of the story. Modern male version of Sheherezada. But I hope we won't have to wait 1001 nights to hear more about it... :wink:

dearmad
17-12-2006, 20:51
So Frujin would whoever owns it allow me to release my MOD for M2TW? It could be some great advertising for your superior art team!

Frujin
18-12-2006, 08:51
As Sunflowers are still selling original KoH, you should ask them for a permission.

hawk_knight
18-12-2006, 09:02

well tell us some details Frujin :angel: we can talk over it with a drink at the local inn :biggrin: :cheers:

dearmad
18-12-2006, 09:28
As Sunflowers are still selling original KoH, you should ask them for a permission.

Done, thank you.

Elvain
05-01-2007, 15:50
Just curious
what was the result?

Traveller
16-01-2007, 14:50
Yes, I'll ask the same thing, since we're working on a mod for M2TW too and would like to use the KoH portraits. I'll write a PM to Webbi, of course, but still... :rolleyes:

dearmad
18-01-2007, 20:39
I emailed them but received no response. I tried twice. I am disappointed, even a "No, don't use it." would be good at this point. Oh well, I used them for my personal game and they look COOL! I enjoy seeing all those faces! I just would like to share them.