Pages : [1] 2

Stely
20-06-2004, 11:48
Will there be a realm called Flanders ?

Kuno of Gersenau
20-06-2004, 13:08
Welcome Stely :cheers:

What I know, it will be in:

Look here (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=827&highlight=Flanders)

or here (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=817&highlight=Flanders)

Elewyn
20-06-2004, 15:39
Originally posted by Stely
Will there be a realm called Flanders ? yes. Realm called Flandres is in KoH for sure. But "realm" in KoH means province. There is no insurance of having Flandres independent nation yet. But there are many people hoping... like I am

azores
20-06-2004, 16:00
when u say indipendent it means its is playable ?? can u play with a nation or province that is not indipendent ??

Angryminer
20-06-2004, 16:44
One after another:
It seems like Flandern won't be independent.
So it will be part of the Holy Roman Empire in KoH.
That means that the Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire controls all of Flandern's problems.
So: If you want to control Flandern, you will have to select 'Holy Roman Empire' as your country in the beginning.
But the people of Flandern will be able to fight for their independence. If a revolt is successfull they might establish the "King of Flandern" ;) .

Angryminer

Elewyn
20-06-2004, 18:01
realm is a province in KoH. Being independent province does not mean being playable as nation.

Flandres are for sure one of provinces in KoH. But it doesn't mean it is playable.

But I hope it will finally become at least vassal-playable nation, vassal of France. Like Bretagne is.

Mopster
25-06-2004, 17:23
wasn't Flanders under the rule of the Spanish, Bourgondia or any other of the so many. Afaik, the Holy Roman Empire never ruled over flanders (or i must have a bad memory from history classes :p)

Elewyn
25-06-2004, 18:03
Originally posted by Mopster
wasn't Flanders under the rule of the Spanish, Bourgondia or any other of the so many. Afaik, the Holy Roman Empire never ruled over flanders (or i must have a bad memory from history classes :p) you are right.
in 1364 Flandre became part of Burgundian dominions, in 1477 it came to Spain. Before, Flandre was a vassal county of France somewhere etween independency and being subjected to France.

Stely
01-07-2004, 10:56
Originally posted by Angryminer
One after another:
It seems like Flandern won't be independent.
So it will be part of the Holy Roman Empire in KoH.
That means that the Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire controls all of Flandern's problems.
So: If you want to control Flandern, you will have to select 'Holy Roman Empire' as your country in the beginning.
But the people of Flandern will be able to fight for their independence. If a revolt is successfull they might establish the "King of Flandern" ;) .

Angryminer I really hope thats possible. Looks fun to me too try and revolt with a province.

azores
02-07-2004, 03:43
A question pls , so if flandren is part of the holy roman empire and i want for example to play only with flandren and begin with it as my first province can i let go all my other provinces in the holy roman empire and play only with flandren in the begining ? will there be some option that let me do that ? ( give indipendence to all ohter provinces and keep only flandrem so its like i began the game with only flandren) will that be possible ?

Angryminer
02-07-2004, 13:07
I guess that won't be possible.
Let's start our hex-editors and give independence to Flandern! ;)

Angryminer

azores
02-07-2004, 20:39
Ohh ok thanks man.

Klauwaart
02-07-2004, 22:26
It's a shame that it isn't an independant state - all my dreams are gone now :nono:
Unless there Is an easy way to get it idependant.

My goal is to start with realm of Flanders

The only option seems to choose another nation in the neigbourhood , to leave everything behind and to attack the Flanders region and only when i conquered it, then wil the game of my beloved country start although with foreign leaders. :sick:

This seems a rather complex game begin - Frank are there other ways to get a realm independant and playable - eg Is there an option to start a rebellion ourself in the flanders region?

Can we for example sell parts of your own nation to other nations or is the only option to get rid of those to raise taxes to a very high % or to let it conquer by other nations.

For those who are interested. you can not compare Flanders now with the region Flanders of middleages. Some parts of the HRE are now indeed parts of Flanders
But In the middle ages it was smaller and never belonged to the HRE but it was allways an vazal state of France with a great independancy.

Angryminer
02-07-2004, 22:42
Yes, if you rule Germany you can trade off all Germany (except Flandern) to Bohemia in change for 5 gold coins. The bohemian King will surely accept the deal ;) .

Angryminer

Frank Fay
02-07-2004, 22:45
yes but you would be always kingdom of Germany...

And there are ways to "influence" Rebelions in other provinces, mainly through spies....

Angryminer
02-07-2004, 22:48
Will we be able to create our own events like "Become Empire of Germany"?
Then we would be able to create the event "Become Flandre".

With 'create ourselves' I mean "do some groovy things with KoH's data-files that usual users wouldn't understand".

Angryminer

Klauwaart
02-07-2004, 22:57
But if you influence a rebellion will the rebbels be loyal to you ? I guess not unless your spy will become king of the rebels ?

Is there a relation between different rebellions ? Do they coöperate togehter or will they behave like a new nation?

Finellach
02-07-2004, 23:05
What about creating new kingdoms like Portugal and Netherlands for example? Is it posibble?

Mopster
03-07-2004, 00:05
Isn't it possible for the devs to include flanders as a starting realm ? It would be a shame and historically wrong to put Flanders under the reign of Holy Roman Empire.

azores
03-07-2004, 00:44
mmmmmm i think its too late now mate :(