PDA

View Full Version : If Any Developer Sees This Plss Nadine, Frank And Co..

azores
21-06-2004, 04:15
hi i really hope some one of u Nadine or Frank or the other dev sees this cause i would relly like to do 2 important questions, the FIRST one about KOH AI and the second one about the HOPES of us strategy gamers, i would really someone of u dev guys answer those our questons please! my FIRST concern is about AI in KOH. in games like cossacks the AI is a disaster for me! the pc controlled armies act like stupid monkeys!!!! they just build up their buildings and once ready they start producing units BUT they just let their units (soldiers or what ever) gathering near their buildings like sheep! from time to time the pc controlled nations in cossacks would send a skirmish of ( non hopers) maybe 20 man or so against a city of urs being destroyed all the times of course! will this happen in KOH ?? hope not :( , in cossacks a pc controlled nation never bring up a real organized army so against pc u never had the real feeling of a well balanced battle. in KOH will the AI permit pc controlled armies to calculate their chances of winning a battle? i mean for example if 40 pikemen are caught in somewere near a big army will they try to do the mission impossible and fight or the AI will make they pull back somewere safe ?? for example will AI make intelligent choices for pc controlled armies in diplomacy or they would act instinctly like animals??? THAT WAS MY FIRST BIG CONCERN ABOUT AI IN KOH i would really wish someone of u guys answering i would really apriciate, a great game like KOH must have challenging AI . challenge is what life is all about!............................................ .................................................. ..................................MY SECOND SUPER QUESTION :) its 2 days now that im discussing this with some friends and also here in forums,*** all know very well its years now that we see war strategy games about exploring and colonial era and thats not for nothing cause developers know that there are many fans of colonial era that collect miniatures and board games concerning the period (1492-1800) BUT all those pc games NEVER satisfied their fans because they never stoped and asked what colonial era was all about ! COLONIAL ages were of course Nations like Spain France England Netherlands Portugal Sweden and other sea powers trying to forge an EMPIRE !! and a gamer when is playing an exploring and colonial game needs to see his empire !!! and those games never had the world map !! thats why when Europa Universalis2 came out it was Popular and is still populat today (would you believe that?)and EU2 had no graphics at all !! no battle screen !! but it had what it takes to satisfy all fans of colonial era it had the world map were one could see his empire streching from south america to asia maybe ! CDVs AMERICAN CONQUEST for example is for fans of that era BUT all u have as a map is a square by square map were you can choose if to play as islands, continent etc..... were is the realism ??? were is our empire!?? AC went in detial in nations buildings yes and that is great but still were is the empire ? it what was all about in those ages Nations battled on sea and land to win colonies so that their empire and trade increase, SUNFLOWERS in my opinion found the right formula!yep the map! thats what all is about, thats what hisorical maniacs want ! they want to know how many provinces their enemy neighbor have! how many castles! how big is their territory ! and maybe cow many cows they have lol yep but thats what all about.so my question is this....can you guys at SUNFLOWERS in the future use the same winning formula( that in my opinion will make KOH a very popular game if its not already) you used in KOH and make us fans of exploration and colonial era HAPPY LADS??? is that possible??? is it possible we see french battleships attacking english colonies in central america zoomong in like KOH or portugese and dutch soldiers battle for colonies in africa??? or maybe again Spanish gallies attacked by pirates while on trade routes to central america were new lands have been found? just imagine you having the world map in a game like this! and than why not not only these nations would be playable in a game like this, sure human players can change the history for their favourite countries and why not maybe become big trading empires themselves! :).IS THAT POSSIBLE IN THE FUTURE ?? Nadine ? Frank ? pls tell us and while being realistic keep us hoping !! that was my SECOND QUESTION!.......

Dobber
21-06-2004, 04:23
Maybe the devs will be on and see your question soon. But I am thinking there was some mention the other day that they are in a critical phase of development at this time and don't have much time to interact with us. Maybe they will be able to return to us soon.

Sir Turylon
21-06-2004, 05:09
ok.. no more coffee for mr azores. :)

slow down bud... It's hard to read what yer typing when you type like that.

If you played Cossacks on higher than easy mode... the AI is tough. I mean.. sending multiple formations of units supported by cavalry and artillery.

AI reaction really is based on difficulty settings.

as to other...
Let's let them busy themselves with finishing KoH. Maybe post "possible future game ideas" in.. oh.. Royal Inn since they're off-topic.

cheers!
:cheers:

Redback
21-06-2004, 11:46
Ha Ha I think someone is really excited about KOH,
I think thats cool ,we need more Fans like that to spread the word,around the world.:D

Henrik
21-06-2004, 12:08
Originally posted by Redback
Ha Ha I think someone is really excited about KOH,
I think thats cool ,we need more Fans like that to spread the word,around the world.:D

Yeahh, i'll agree Redback - he sure is a FANBOY ! :D :D :D

TheBoss
21-06-2004, 18:13
As long as he ain't hugging every HOK fan around here it's :cheers: :go:

Elewyn
21-06-2004, 19:02
it's great there are such fans :) seriously. I'm not alone :D:bday:

Angryminer
21-06-2004, 19:43
"We are not alone"
I always loved "X Files" ;) .

Angryminer

azores
21-06-2004, 19:53
but the thing is that iv been searching a long time now for a game that really shows what yur empire is and at last i can see KOH will do that !! and btw i am a great fan and history lover of ages between 1100-1800 :)

Nadine Knobloch
22-06-2004, 14:24
@azores: Since Frank is the one who knows KoH much better than me, I asked him to answer your questions.
He'll do that but perhaps you have to wait until tomorrow... He's damn busy today...

HappyAdolf
22-06-2004, 18:37
Ah, yes, another one of us real fans. You really say what I think: A real empire-conquering game in real time as realistic as it can be!

azores
22-06-2004, 20:20
thanks Nadine i will wait even for years for an answer like that :)

Ben Nevis
25-06-2004, 00:33
it's three days already

Ben Nevis
25-06-2004, 00:34
362 days to go ;)

azores
25-06-2004, 04:08
we will wait a sweet waiting feeling :)

azores
26-06-2004, 16:52
Frank still alive ? :)