PDA

View Full Version : Custom scenarios?

Angryminer
22-06-2004, 14:34
Hi...

I just thought about the idea that some players might want to edit the entry points to make them fit their (personal) idea of history more.
But seeing the actual structure of the game this would require to overwrite one of the other entry points (early, high or late) in order to make the game load the edited scenario-files.

In my opinion that's a pretty ugly way, so I'd like to come up with a suggestion to work around this problems without screwing up KoH's interface with a 'Load custom scenario'-button:
The user should be able to specify entry-points in the commandline of KoH. That means the player can optionally start the executable of KoH like this:
".../knights of honor/koh.exe -map high"
Then the game would immediately start the kingdom-selection screen of the entrypoint that is saved in
".../knights of honor/scenarios/high".
If the game can't find this map, or it's format is corrupted it starts KoH the usual way.

Comments:
- I guess this is something for one of the patches, but I really hope you think of all the players who would like to play custom maps and thus enhance the game and the lifetime of the community.
- If you (the reader of this post) don't have a clue about what I want, or think that I want to make the "Select period"-buttons obsolete, this post isn't for you ;) . Sorry.

Angryminer

Redback
24-06-2004, 01:18
Sounds like an interesting Idea:cool:

Maybe something that can be done in a Mod.;) :cheers:

Anyone know how modable KOH is?:scratch:

Henrik
24-06-2004, 02:57
It a nice idea you've got there angryminer, but i think KoH2 ( or maybe an expansion packet in between ) will include a senario and a map editor. If you search through some old threads you will find that the devs has answered "Yes" to that there is infact an editor, however they have also said that they have chosen not to include it in this release of KoH - not because they didn't want us to have it, but because it don't have an interface which is suitable for "normal" users.

I remember that i suggested them to stea*cough* errrmmm...i mean be inspired by the interface of the AOK editor.

Ben Nevis
25-06-2004, 00:29
It's better to have a good rip-off than a bad original ;)

Henrik
25-06-2004, 01:24
Originally posted by Ben Nevis
It's better to have a good rip-off than a bad original ;)

I'm almost crying here..................I couldn't have said it better myself - i agree with you a 101% :)

Redback
25-06-2004, 04:47
:go: