PDA

View Full Version : Interface....

Arjenvs
11-11-2003, 23:39
I still do not understand the interface of the game...

1) How many layers are there and wich?

2) And is it true that the interface changed during the release of the different screenshots.

For example the next screenshot shows a layer wher you can see cities, but also itīs farms outside the city(London):

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/knightsofhonor/screens.html?page=27

But the next screenshot also gives a town in siege,

3) Is this a different layer or a different interface?

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/knightsofhonor/screens.html?page=29

And the next one is really a different layer I think, because here you see also the watchtowers...

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/knightsofhonor/screens.html?page=19

And other question for this last screenshot:

4) Will we be able to move units around in this layer, or is it only possible to move units around from city to city, or can we also move them around in a city, to improve the defence strategy....

was just wondering....

Jorghan
12-11-2003, 00:53
It appears to me that these are all the same layer, just that the last screenshot is without the toolbar. Perhaps the first screenshot is what it looks like when you have selected a city, and the second one is what the interface looks like when you haven't selected anything.

I'm taking for granted that you will be able to move your armies around in this layer, and that you will be able to handle the battles on a lower lever in the more zoomed in layer.

Jerome
12-11-2003, 09:26
my thoughts exactly, its basicly the same layer, but you can 'zoom' in on a microlevel to fight your battles and stuff. On the larger level one can control the empire and its economy, move knights and their armies and that sort of thing.

but maybe some1 else can explain it better..;)

Frank Fay
14-11-2003, 19:49
Easy :)

1) is showing work in progress (placeholder) interface for town upgrades

2) is showing work in progress (placeholder) main game interface

3) is with interface switched off

Arjenvs
15-11-2003, 22:51
Thanx for the explanation... Now I look again...itīs clear to see that...the difference is that they are different cities...

But still wondering....

In screenshot 3 you can see men (I am assuming soldiers) in green, can they be moved around everywhere on the map... for example on the road and next too it...?

And still the difference between screenshot 2 and 3...in 2 you can see a king and prince, the leaders of the different armies...in 3 there arenīt one of them... does that mean there is no army in the area...or is that only that there is no high leader...?

Better phrase the question like this...:

Are only the soldiers with leader moveable, or are there also soldiers that are moveable without leader?

Or is pic 3 just only a scenery for the player, with only options on the buildings?

Greeny
16-11-2003, 14:07
1) is showing work in progress (placeholder) interface for town upgrades

2) is showing work in progress (placeholder) main game interface

Keep 'em, they look spiffing as they are :D

Arjenvs
23-11-2003, 23:44
still wondering....

But have to admit that my last post was rather difficult to anwser...

So only one question:

Will soldiers be moveable in the closest view, when there is no battle?

Frank Fay
24-11-2003, 11:26
Are only the soldiers with leader moveable, or are there also soldiers that are moveable without leader?

A Knight recruits his soldiers in the Castles. Knights can move without soldiers. In the game wont be soldiers without a Knight.

Will soldiers be moveable in the closest view, when there is no battle?

No, only in battle

Pikeman
24-11-2003, 13:44
Will the "battle" also include moving your troops the last couple of km to the battlefield and setting them up, or will the battle start with the enemy plonked 10m away from you?

Frank Fay
24-11-2003, 16:59
The enemy will be far enough, that you can reposition your troops.

Arjenvs
25-11-2003, 10:19
Originally posted by Frank Fay
No, only in battle

Too bad...

So the batles are on a predifined balttlefields? Like only what terrain type is the difference....?

Frank Fay
25-11-2003, 10:50
So the batles are on a predifined balttlefields? Like only what terrain type is the difference....?

mixed between random and pre-defined.

The loaded map is depending on the battle type and there will be enough for each of the battle types with variations between them.

Arjenvs
25-11-2003, 10:56
And how about assaults and sieges?? Then you can move your troops through the castle I suppose?