PDA

View Full Version : Choose your favorite!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Nadine Knobloch
25-06-2004, 15:02
Hey everybody,

since we weren't able to name the winner, we decided to let you vote!

Therefore we prepared a pre-selection: We named 5 out of 625 transmittals.

So here we go, voting will be over next friday and until then you'll have the possiblility to make your choice!

May the best slogan win! :cheers:

Angryminer
25-06-2004, 16:32
Will you add the option "No subtitle" to the poll?
I don't see one necessary and don't want to be forced to vote for something I don't want.

Angryminer

Nadine Knobloch
25-06-2004, 16:33
We're not looking for a subtitle actually - just to avoid misunderstandings ;)

The slogan could be used for future merchandise stuff, for example.

Mopster
25-06-2004, 17:19
i actually don't like any of them :(

the ones i sent in even sounded better.

Heretic
25-06-2004, 17:35
:rolleye:

Arjenvs
25-06-2004, 17:56
I also really donīt like any of them...... They are..... how to put it......laim......:rolleyes:

Sorry...I had to be Honest ...... ;)

Ben Nevis
25-06-2004, 17:57
totally agree

Angryminer
25-06-2004, 17:59
Then vote for the one you disagree with the fewest.
Better this one than an even worse one.

Angryminer

Finellach
25-06-2004, 18:03
I like the first one.

eagle1
25-06-2004, 18:09
PRide OR pain

Others to long this 1 is strong and short.

BG ROCKS!
25-06-2004, 18:19
the first one is the best it really is and only four people voted for it
unbeliaveble

shagrath_the_dead
25-06-2004, 18:20
they stink,i will not vote
i hate it when we can help this game get worse instead of better

oanej
25-06-2004, 18:21
Fourth one is best as shown

BG ROCKS!
25-06-2004, 18:21
plus that saying is from gladiator and you're suposed to say, "You are already dead!!!!"

Ben Nevis
25-06-2004, 18:34
oh, come on,

Pride or pain?????????

What is that for semi intellectial slogan. Either have pride or have pain????????????? Pride and pain go very well together.
Pride AND pain would have been a lot better but still I don't see why this particularly fits KoH.

The same is the case for "Prevail or fail". It sounds silly and what does it have to do with KoH? In each game you play you have to prevail or fail, win or loose.

Good (K)night Europe?????????

Nice joke and good slogan for a game in which you have to destroy Europe with knights from America or any other continent (some fiction). But why would you want to doze Europe into a sleep when you want to rule over it. Are we supposed to be such bad rulers that we hope everybody is asleep??????

Rule or be Ruled??????

Again such a "to be or not to be" statement. I don't know what's with the "or"s???? what's wrong with using "and"???? This one sounds silly too (or laim, with special thanks to Arjenvs). Again doesn't have much to do with the game. In each RTS you have to rule -and never be ruled-. "To rule or game over" would have been better ;).

The only one that is acceptable in my opinion is "Take over Europe" , but still, I expected a bit more. I can't believe these are the best suggestions, but then again I'm not in BSS's marketing department, although I really expect EA to overrule these slogans (except for the last one, maybe).

I'm getting worried about the marketing for this game. I'm afraid it might not become as big as we expect it to be.

OSDSET
25-06-2004, 19:08
I agree with Ben Nevis to many "or"s and "Good (K)night Europe?????????" sounds sorta threatening and in KOH there is diplomacy and doing what your people want.
So i'm gonna vote "Take over Europe"

Lord_MacLeod
25-06-2004, 19:14
Well, I never thought my slogan "Serve your Lord with honor & sword" was good enough to have a real chance in this contest but reading that selection above...uhm, I don't want to insult anybody...;)

Greetings,
Mac

Hector
25-06-2004, 19:14
Originally posted by BG ROCKS!
the first one is the best it really is and only four people voted for it
unbeliaveble

lol you sended that one

well i think mine was better but the 4th one sounds cool

Hector
25-06-2004, 19:18
Originally posted by Lord_MacLeod
Well, I never thought my slogan "Serve your Lord with honor & sword" was good enough to have a real chance in this contest but reading that selection above...uhm, I don't want to insult anybody...;)

Greetings,
Mac

ehm we are playing as kings:cheers:

Ben Nevis
25-06-2004, 19:18
this is a coontest AFAIK, here is the best what Sunflowers recieved. If you think it would be better if there are yours slogans, show them. Ben Nevis did that in "The poll" thread(closed now : and as I realized later, also deleted by Ben Nevis ) and I personaly think that at least two of those here ate better

Nadine closed the entire threat, and I'm not afraid to show them.
I didn't say they were any better, btw, I just posted what I had send in.

I send in these:

"Conquer the Continent" or "Conquer the European Continent"

"War and Diplomacy"

and

"Ditch the Dukes" (just for the laughs, of course)

Again, I don't think mine are good, but I do think they are better then the four bad ones mentioned above and they have something to do with the game.