PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question ???

eagle1
26-06-2004, 12:51
I have ask before in a thread but i can find the answer back :(.

This game KOH: i see buildingshowcase mutch buildings to see, BUT BUT will WE can put the buildings with money on the map. or whil they stand there automatic if we started game.

And if so e can put the buildings ourselfes, will the chose be everywhere you whant or will there be line around the castle or province where you can put them in.

I see on screenshots some pictures of pavilions
Pavilion in middle (http://www.knights-of-honor.net/gfx/screenshots/scr_koh_0099_t.jpg)
Pavilion in middle (http://www.knights-of-honor.net/gfx/screenshots/scr_koh_0098_t.jpg)
What are these for buildings and what are the use of it ????

Elewyn
26-06-2004, 13:49
those pavilons (tents?) are in army camp. They probably emerge when your army rests in a camp.

which building do you mean? zones you can see here (http://www.knights-of-honor.net//english/screenshot.php?screenshot=0132&all=0137|0136|0135|0134|0133|0132|0131|0130|0129#) ? I don't know how it is after those big changes, but they WERE possible to be built. Not everywhere, but in pre-defined places in your realm.

Angryminer
26-06-2004, 13:50
1. The player tells his servants to construct buildings. Here (http://www.knights-of-honor.net//gfx/screenshots/scr_koh_0093.jpg) is the menu to construct buildings.
2. You just tell your servants to construct a building. But you don't tell them where to build it. The local governor will keep track of such minor things.
3. I guess these little towers are the fortification that are build when an army has constructed a camp.

Angryminer

Elewyn
26-06-2004, 13:59
Yes, that's right, Angryminer, but how it is with outposts and zones outside the town?

Caus I also saw no buildings like "monastery" in building showcase. I still think there is some difference between buildings in the town and outposts. Or am I wrong? devs?

eagle1
26-06-2004, 14:24
So, four yourself you cannot say where to put the buildings. ok
Can you choose how many buildings of each kind you put or is it only 1 per province or castle domain.

I hope you can construct for yourself outpost towers in camp.
because if your are in ennemy territory, you have to have somekind of defense for youre camp.

question??? can youre army go to sleep or something like that do they have a bar with how sleepy and tired they are :p.

good for ambush attack them while they are a sleep. But first kill they watch tower men if they are not to sleep :p

Angryminer
26-06-2004, 16:07
1. You only need one building of a kind for the whole town.
2. The camp will be fortified automatically if you command an army to stop and build a camp.
3. When your army has to march throughout the night it's overall morale goes down. The morale will drain at day too. To get the morale up again you have to visit a town and rest there or build a camp.
And yes, camps are very vulnerable. Especially at night.

Angryminer

azores
26-06-2004, 16:36
So do we get to build towers outside the fortifications ??? is that possible or not please ?

eagle1
26-06-2004, 16:38
Originally posted by azores
So do we get to build towers outside the fortifications ??? is that possible or not please ?

That i would like to now to. I whont risk to let 1000 men sleep without gards :p

Angryminer
26-06-2004, 17:34
With 'fortified' I meant that they build watchtowers.

Angryminer

Sir Turylon
26-06-2004, 17:50
you can see the options for each knight
here (http://www.knights-of-honor.net//gfx/screenshots/scr_koh_0145.jpg)

looks like..
forced march or move
stop
encamp
build outpost
attack
begin siege
sail to
disembark from ships here
build transports

anyone agree?

Also... if you notice on the main screen... there are three little towns with hammers over top of them... Possibly they are being constructed? or possibly they represent places where you can construct villages?

azores
26-06-2004, 20:19
So a watch tower can be considered as an outpost ? is thet similiar???????????? and question 2 the maximun number of man your empire can have is limited to a number ???? or there are no limits ?? ( of course always if u have sufficent food etc....) .........??????????????

Sir Turylon
27-06-2004, 07:00
I hope that a watch tower will not be regarded as a outpost!

No, I think when you build an encampment, your knight orders the little guys to build watch towers around the encampment if they fortify. Outposts are probably more permenant buildings...

There was a similair thing in Dragon Throne. You could build an outpost in a certain area, send food to it... and station troops within it. You couldn't build anything in it... but it served as a "fort" to protect troops till you sent them on campaigns.

regarding the second one..

a short math calculation would suffice...

take total number of knights x total number of squads under each knight x 40 men per squad....
9 x 9 x 40... or 3240

so 3240 + 160x where x is equal to the amount of cities with maxed town guards.

azores
27-06-2004, 13:55
OHH thanks man i think ur calculations are right!