PDA

View Full Version : Buildings outside Fortifications ??????????????

Pages : [1] 2

azores
26-06-2004, 17:03
Hello iv read pretty much about buliding but still i can t understand if it is possible to build any type of permanent bulind outside forticated towns, is that possible ?? can we build watch towers in our regions and borders for example ????????? anyone knows please ??

Finellach
26-06-2004, 17:07
I believe you can build outposts.

Bora
26-06-2004, 17:49
Originally posted by Finellach
I believe you can build outposts.

the thing with the outpost i heard, but i dont know if it made it into the final version. but its true that youcmap will be fortified when you stay longer outside, or youhave the option to letit fortyfie. so in a way the camp is an outpost

azores
26-06-2004, 20:26
So no stome Towers to build in our realms right ????

HappyAdolf
26-06-2004, 20:46
read in a German thread that your units build wooden fortifications automatically when they are camping near trees.

azores
26-06-2004, 21:39
and these wodden fotifications are permanent ??? or they vanish once ur soldiers move ???

HappyAdolf
26-06-2004, 21:51
I don't know, but I think they will remove them after leaving.
(it would be stupid to leave it unprotected for the enemy to take:rolleyes: )

azores
27-06-2004, 00:04
yes i think you are right so the only buildongs available outside the fortificared cities will be wodden outposts ?? no permanent towers to build and watch ur country right ??

HappyAdolf
27-06-2004, 12:28
No. Only towns can be fortified permanently, those camps are just for as long as you stay there, I think. Let's see what Frank and Frujin say to this. But no stone Towers outside cities. And that's good, it would be unrealistic and just idiotic to build a wall from the north-sea-coast to the mediterranean coast:rolleyes:
No one in the middle ages (and not even today) Would do something like this, only people in RTS-games like AoE where you could build a wall from one end of the map to another:rolleyes:

Elewyn
27-06-2004, 12:57
there still are outposts and if this part of game wasn't change, what seems to be true (in living pictures there are serfs collecting goods from outposts, what IMO means, outposts (farms and monasteries) produce goods).
By this fact as base I think those outposts can be protected by fortifications.

So:
1) outside cities zones producing goods can be built on pre-defined outposts
2) those zones can be fortified and by those fortifications, they are defendable better.
3) this not mean there will be single towers buildable wherever player wants to build them

azores
27-06-2004, 13:30
Yep i find that reasonable. good good

azores
27-06-2004, 13:35
SO if i may ask guys( sorry but im rather new) in the game what are the buildings we can build ? i mean not in a city, for example the monestaries are build by players or are already there ? Are there any buildings outside the main cities that can be build by players and what are these buildings if any ???

Boleslaus the Great
27-06-2004, 13:44
I'm not here very often, azores, but from Elewyn's post above there is posible to understand, not easily, however, that you can build something outside cities. Monasteries and some other zones. Am I right?

HappyAdolf
27-06-2004, 13:44
www.knights-of-honor.net
Look at the building showcase;)

Angryminer
27-06-2004, 17:49
Happy Adolf: eeeek, he means outside of the town ;) .

Outside of the town there are villages to improve the number of servants in your realm (thus faster construction of buildings), farms (food production), monasteries (they produce 'piety'), harbors (they bring money and exotic resources) and I believe the military outposts (just to rest your troops there) are still in the game. But the military outposts might just as well have been removed from the game.

Angryminer

HappyAdolf
27-06-2004, 18:02
Yeah, they will be removed, I think.

Angryminer
27-06-2004, 18:11
@Happy Adolf:
I noticed I switched the tenses in the last sentence, you might want to read the updated version and correct your post ;) .

Angryminer

HappyAdolf
27-06-2004, 18:14
Oh...
Is that a joke or do you mean it really???

Angryminer
27-06-2004, 18:18
They change the game a bit every day. The last time I saw a military outpost on a screenshot was somewhere in february.

Angryminer

Please note: I don't mean camps.

HappyAdolf
27-06-2004, 18:19
Hmm... I hope the military outposts will remain in the game, they were a cool idea.