PDA

View Full Version : High hopes on KoH because...

Ledhead
27-06-2004, 00:45
"The Roman Infantry" unit is a Byzantine unit:D
As it should be btw...

Ghost
27-06-2004, 01:57
Yeah but the 2 new units dont say from where they are available.

Elewyn
27-06-2004, 09:36
cause in thread "units availability" Frujin explained it's not so simple with availability. It depends on more thinmgs than just location of a town, but also on kingdom you play. :)

Roman infantry, however, looks very "byzantine" to me :)

Ledhead
27-06-2004, 11:26
Originally posted by Elewyn
cause in thread "units availability" Frujin explained it's not so simple with availability. It depends on more thinmgs than just location of a town, but also on kingdom you play. :)

Roman infantry, however, looks very "byzantine" to me :)

For me "Byzantine" is just a terminology to point out which era of the Roman Empire I'm refering to. Isn't it the same for you all?!
For example you have the Republican Rome, the Imperial Rome and then there's the Byzantine Rome.:D

About units availability I hope that the Horse Archer won't be available to all the factions in KoH, as it was a major tactical advantage only used effective in the eastern parts of KoH. Of course the Turks and other Asian nomads, but I think also the Byzantines used it IIRC...

McFluglehigmer
28-06-2004, 18:41
byzantines used horse archers

Bora
29-06-2004, 00:05
... there are not enough realtime worldconquering games.specially nota about medieval. and it will bring fun for maybe several months (or even years) on the pc

Pioneer
29-06-2004, 04:28
The Byzantines used everything from the Kataphractos to the Skutatos - a heavy infantryman with lamellar armour. More often than not unarmour infantry and mercenaries formed the bulk of their army. The Byzantines preferred to exhaust diplomacy before testing their military capacities. Still if they do have horse archers in the game, hopefully they can skirmish automatically.

hase957
29-06-2004, 15:40
You don't have to write everything two times.:D :cheers:

HappyAdolf
29-06-2004, 15:43
HAHAHA!

HappyAdolf
29-06-2004, 15:45
HAHAHA!
:D

HappyAdolf
29-06-2004, 15:45
:D :cheers: :D
;) :p ;)
:rolleyes:

Tzar Sartor
30-06-2004, 19:12
Byzantia was an ex-Roman empire. After the fall of Rome somekind of barbarian sent the scepter and the crown(symbols of the Roman emperor) in Konstantinopulus - nowadays Instanbul. ;)
And so Byzantia kept the pretorian guards(or so called roman infantry) which were under command of the emperor ONLY.