PDA

View Full Version : Ambush ????????????????????????

azores
27-06-2004, 23:38
I was reading about ambush. of course an ambush must have a surprise attack so im curious about an army being surprised in KOH. Does that mean that we can hide armies in forests ? if yes can any one explain how this works please?

Angryminer
28-06-2004, 14:23
You mean an ambush in the sense of hiding?
No, that wasn't used in the medieval era and won't be in the game.
But you can use ambushes like attacking an enemy from two sides. Imagin the following situation:
You have two armies. The first one consists of mainly cavalry and is rather fast in motion.
The second army holds your infantrymen and thus is rather slow.
As you spot an enemy army you command your infantry-army to stop where it is, while your cavalry marches deep into the back of the enemy army.
When the enemy attacks your infantry-men, you call for reinforcements. The knight with the cavalry-army will come to your help and within seconds you have your troops on both sides of the battlefield (because the cavalry approaches from the back of the enemy)... And your enemy is directly in the middle.
Those battles are ones where your enemy suffers an unbelievable defeat ;) .

That's an ambush!

Angryminer

Bora
28-06-2004, 17:36
you can use the night cyclus for a surprise attack. thats maybe a kind of ambush. but i dont know about a hiding option.

azores
28-06-2004, 20:21
Thanks Angryminer !!!! and about the night what effect will it make on ambush ????? witch are the advantages that an ambush would have at night ?????

Bora
29-06-2004, 00:08
Originally posted by azores
Thanks Angryminer !!!! and about the night what effect will it make on ambush ????? witch are the advantages that an ambush would have at night ?????

ist simple,... troops moral is lower at night and camps easier to attack.

azores
29-06-2004, 01:51
I C but my troops will be out in the night just like my enemies troops . so my troops morale is also low at night ! so what does that change ? and question 2 why is it easier to attack the outposts at night ??? pls Bora ?

Angryminer
29-06-2004, 14:42
I guess the enemies will suffer a morale-penalty when they are attacked at night while camping ( = sleeping).
That way the enemy would be very likely to flee from the battle, which is very realistic.

Angryminer

azores
29-06-2004, 16:10
that makes sense so i imagine that when troops are camping at night they are considered sleeping right? what about troops camping in the daylight ? will these be considered resting as well and will be victims of surprise attacks also ? i think so.

Angryminer
29-06-2004, 16:26
Usually you don't rest in formation, do you? ;)
The soldiers are supposed to sit around, eating, gambling or just relaxing. So they will surely be suprised if a salvo of fire-arrows rains down on their tents and sets the world on fire. And surely there will be complete dissorder.
So I guess they'll suffer a morale-penalty too. Though the penalty won't be as high as at night, because the most soldiers won't be asleep.

Angryminer

azores
30-06-2004, 01:47
AHA AHA THAT makes sense, gooooooo portugalllllllll goooo lets win tomorrow lol :)

Cork2
30-06-2004, 14:41
Yes there Are ambushes, hiding your army. Angryminer were do you get your info from. There were pictures about this and it was talked about befor also.

Oh and they only loose moral when they are marching or fighting at night when they are camping then they don't. But if they get attacked while resting thats genne be bad for their moral.

Go to Knights of Honor offical site, then go to news archive. Look For this July 30th, 2003 Rumors grow best in the dark – the Day / Night cycle This article was posted a very long time ago. But it gives ya info on ambushes and moral.

or click the link

July 30th, 2003 Rumors grow best in the dark – the Day / Night cycle (http://www.knights-of-honor.net/english/gameinfo/night.php)

azores
03-07-2004, 16:29
Thanks Cork2 and dont beangry with ANGRYMINER maybe he didnt read that just like me :) thanksm man

Angryminer
03-07-2004, 17:01
Oh and they only loose moral when they are marching or fighting at night when they are camping then they don't.Where did I say that?
If you are talking about "So I guess they'll suffer a morale-penalty too. Though the penalty won't be as high as at night, because the most soldiers won't be asleep." then rest asured. We were talking about camps that are being attacked.Yes there Are ambushes, hiding your army.Where does it say that? I know that the night lowers the line of sight, but that wasn't asked for.

Statement of Frank Fay 05-06-2004, 11:51 in Ambush Mode ??? Idee ??? (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?t=1224):No hiding, but they can go into the woods and lure units which have an attack or defense penalty in woods there.That's what I was refering to.There were pictures about this and it was talked about befor also.Would you be so kind to throw me a link? I searched the whole forum and could find statements about this.

Angryminer

Cork2
03-07-2004, 18:21
Thanks Cork2 and dont beangry with ANGRYMINER maybe he didnt read that just like me :) thanksm man

Uhh? why would i be angry? I am just anwsering some questions. I am sorry if it sounded like i was angry. Didn't mean for that.

Where did I say that?
If you are talking about "So I guess they'll suffer a morale-penalty too. Though the penalty won't be as high as at night, because the most soldiers won't be asleep." then rest asured. We were talking about camps that are being attacked.

I didn't say you said that. The army would prolly have all the same moral. There will be to many units to keep their moral high if it is for single units.

Where does it say that? I know that the night lowers the line of sight, but that wasn't asked for.
Statement of Frank Fay 05-06-2004, 11:51 in Ambush Mode ??? Idee ??? (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?t=1224):That's what I was refering to.

Okay i just notice that you can't hide units and i was wrong about that, sorry.

Would you be so kind to throw me a link? I searched the whole forum and could find statements about this.

Ahh dude there is a link in my post and if that doesn't work i also gave direction on how to find it and its been there for a while.

Angryminer
03-07-2004, 20:07
"Ahh dude there is a link in my post"
Oh I'm sorry, then I misunderstood you. I thought you were talking about some discussion in the forum. Never mind :go: .

Angryminer

azores
03-07-2004, 20:42
:cheers: Now lets beer cause Portugal will be european champions tomorrow and all Portugal is happy :) :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Angryminer
03-07-2004, 20:44
Oh, you don't know that I'm sitting at my computer with a bottle of cold beer in my hand and my favorite music in the music-player :drink: .

Angryminer

Cork2
03-07-2004, 23:31
oh oh we are moving off topic :) :cheers: Btw i liked that little preview of day and night article, what did you think?

azores
04-07-2004, 01:53
yep i saw that too

Cork2
04-07-2004, 01:56
Yes but what did you think of it?